• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Owner 1999 Bassa Need Help, in process of restoring

Thanks guys. Learn something new every day.
My Griso is only bike #6, and all but bike #1, a 76' KZ750B, had spin on filters. So just assumed they all did.

Thanks guys. Learn something new every day.
My Griso is only bike #6, and all but bike #1, a 76' KZ750B, had spin on filters. So just assumed they all did.

Since you have a Griso, the filter is external, but recessed on the left front of the pan. No need to drop the pan. This thread is for a Bassa which has the internal filter.

Since you have a Griso, the filter is external, but recessed on the left front of the pan. No need to drop the pan. This thread is for a Bassa which has the internal filter.
Oh, yeah, I know. Thanks for keeping an eye out.
Was bored and looking for something to read when I found this thread. Just wanted to confirm what I was seeing.

thanks for all the help and advices and sorry for late replies its very cold these days to be in garage
here are more pics, i love reading threads and like pics in them and it helps for guys like me

also i am learning as i go along never dropped a sump before
got the pieces from powder coating, looks good had to clean the overspray, also bought the used cali shock as the air shocks i was trying to use was 14 inches and it was messing up the oil level in the final drive and transmission

questions
does it need a gasket sealer ? on one side both side of the gasket, it does have cleanup groves on the surface from powder coating overspray?
also do i need to do thread sealer /lock on the pressure relief valve?
also i found this weird pink wire coming out of the flasher relay and i tested it its positive

Attachments

• IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2605.JPG
    IMG_2605.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2606.JPG
    IMG_2606.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2608.JPG
    IMG_2608.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2754.JPG
    IMG_2754.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2755.JPG
    IMG_2755.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2756.JPG
    IMG_2756.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2716.JPG
    IMG_2716.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2717.JPG
    IMG_2717.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2760.JPG
    IMG_2760.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_E2763.JPG
    IMG_E2763.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2766.JPG
    IMG_2766.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2767.JPG
    IMG_2767.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2769.JPG
    IMG_2769.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2770.JPG
    IMG_2770.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 19
That pink wire may have been added by a previous owner. Just cap it with shrink sleeve so it doesn't ground out on you. For the sump gasket, I like to coat both sides with chassis grease. Also your bike doesn't need the 10W60 oil and will do fine on 15W50 but it won't hurt to use the 10W60. Oil level in the rear based on shock length isn't an issue. Just drain and add the required 250cc to the rear drive. I never pull the level plug on these components, just drain and fill with the specified amount of oil.

so i actually kept the transmission/final drive level drain open overnight with bike straight, does that mean i drained all the fluid ? or just the extra one?
my understanding was this will drain the extra oil not required in transmission also same rule for the final drive

so i actually kept the transmission/final drive level drain open overnight with bike straight, does that mean i drained all the fluid ? or just the extra one?
my understanding was this will drain the extra oil not required in transmission also same rule for the final drive

Here is the thing. If you get a quart of 75W90, put 250cc in the rear drive. The remaining 700cc in the geabox. It does just fine 50cc less then specification. Leave the level plugs sealed.

almost ready , got the fluids changed, pending brake line bleed

dash neutral light, turn signal is not working any idea why ?, dash high beam, battery lights do work
turn signal are working
brake light is always on ??

almost ready , got the fluids changed, pending brake line bleed

dash neutral light, turn signal is not working any idea why ?, dash high beam, battery lights do work
turn signal are working
brake light is always on ??

Get the schematic from the downloads section. Could be a fuse, flasher etc. As to brake light always on it could be a stuck brake light switch, although they usually fail in the open condition so the brake light doesn't go on. If you don't know how to trouble shoot circuits look here for that information. https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/troubleshooting-circuits.3001/

Thank you i could not download the document as its for people who have donated & have access, but i have a diagram that should be good enough for me to track, weather is going to be not so good this coming long weekend, was hoping to finish it by long weekend
whats the maintenance looks like for the shaft drive?
I appreciate all the help
thank you

Last edited:
Almost every brake lite 'always on' situation I have seen on 90's and later Cali's has been the front switch. Out of adjustment or the bearing ball in the perch behind switch rusted or replaced w/something that doesn't work well. Could be a bad switch where the button is stuck in. Don't loose the 2 little screws & nuts.

thank you for your reply front i have checked no problems, where exactly is the switch for rear brake ??

Should be off the top of master on a banjo between master and rear line. Unless it has been updated to integral braking then it would be on the splitter. Looking at your pics I do not see one.

going to track brake issue on this weekend, hopefully an easy fix.
Anyone replaced the inner lens for headlight ? mine has some reflecter damage spots other than that headlight is fine.
should i paint it with some shiny paint? or replace it with the expensive lens
everything about guzzi is so expensive on ebay , in some cases i found new items cheaper from mgcycle or other stores than on ebay
thank you

Last edited:
Anyone replaced the inner lens for headlight ? mine has some reflecter damage spots other than that headlight is fine.

The same lens is a BMW part number #63121243541 for those that drive on the right side of the road. Something ridiculous in price compared with the same Guzzi part.

The same lens is a BMW part number #63121243541 for those that drive on the right side of the road. Something ridiculous in price compared with the same Guzzi part.
Sorry my bad I meant to say the reflector is damaged not the glass lens , reflector has some dull spot where the reflective material has gone

Wouldn't pass a warrant of fitness here in Kiwiland, but where ever Moto is, perhaps you will be fine. Unless you're doing a lot of night riding, then the headlight is just there to be seen.

Back