• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

edchavez

Just got it firing!
Hello!

New to the forum and Moto Guzzis in general! Just got a 2000 V11 Jackal. The turn signals were working fine, and I changed out the bars and now neither side works.

•When I switch the signal to the right, the light on the dash lights up dimly. But the actual turn signal bulb doesn’t.

•However the light on the dash nor the actual turn signal lights up if I try the left turn signal.

•Both bulbs look fine, and I’m not sure where to start in diagnosing the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!

may be start with clean up of the handlebar switch , and the flasher relay to check it receives power when hanbdlebar switch is in On position in both left and right position
thank you

Looking at a wiring diag, the front ground for turn signals, dash, lights, clocks comes from a black wire on a 10pin plug on frame under fuel tank. On the 10pin plug from L/H switch there is also a ground wire (black). For positive, the blinker(flasher) supplies power through center post on L & R switch.
So looks like you stressed a wire in either the plugs or handlebar L/H switch
Service manual in downloads has a wiring diag in it. Check your work.

How ironic! I had a very similar issue with my '02 Nevada! I took out the flasher can & here's what i found... 20190217 004259

As you can see, the shunt wire fried, causing the indicators to stop working properly. This was after a long trip & trying new indicators. Any 3-pinned flasher can will do - they're dirt cheap. However, you may not like new rate of flash, so i ended up picking one off an old AU falcon & it worked perfectly.

You could also try replacing the shunt with some fuse wire if you can get it open & you're good with a soldering iron....

I don't believe in coincidence. If something stops working just after you changed things, then it's almost certain you have done something to stop it working. Check all the connections, make sure nothing has been pulled out.

Interesting ... Does a similar flasher module exist in a V7iii? Thus far I've been led to believe that the flasher is all completely integrated into the dash/instrument cct board.

I just had a similar indicator fault, with an added headlight malfunction with my '74 850T, I replaced the flasher unit with a generic unit from an auto parts store, then buggered around with a multimeter for a day, weird things were happening, until I placed a jumper lead from the headlight shell, to earth,,,everything worked again (sometimes it's the simple things in life ?)

I just had a similar indicator fault, with an added headlight malfunction with my '74 850T, I replaced the flasher unit with a generic unit from an auto parts store, then buggered around with a multimeter for a day, weird things were happening, until I placed a jumper lead from the headlight shell, to earth,,,everything worked again (sometimes it's the simple things in life ?)

Hmm, bad earth. Reminds me of my automotive pre-voc training course, where they induced one & challenged us to find the fault

Back