• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi Helmets

Mitch Clyman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Any of you guys ever buy a Guzzi helmet? Was wondering about sizing.
I wear both Shoei and AGV helmets.
Pretty cool retro helmets they have...

Thnx
Mitchell Scot

Any of you guys ever buy a Guzzi helmet? Was wondering about sizing.
I wear both Shoei and AGV helmets.
Pretty cool retro helmets they have...

Thnx
Mitchell Scot
Sorry, no idea. I am very picky about helmets, and buy helmets based on how they fit my head and how they will protect head. I can always add a sticker, or even a paint job, to make the helmet look the way I want it. But how it fits and how it protects are pretty static.
I always where full face helmets, the closest I would go to an open face helmet is one of those modulars that allows the front section to flip up.
So, my response is probably useless. Sorry.

Sorry, no idea. I am very picky about helmets, and buy helmets based on how they fit my head and how they will protect head. I can always add a sticker, or even a paint job, to make the helmet look the way I want it. But how it fits and how it protects are pretty static.
I always where full face helmets, the closest I would go to an open face helmet is one of those modulars that allows the front section to flip up.
So, my response is probably useless. Sorry.
Yup I’ve got a full face SHOEI. But I love the retro look ... I’ll be back in Italy in Feb. I’ll try one on and let u know!!!

I would be interested in knowing who makes them for Guzzi.
Yeah, because the reality is Guzzi doesn't make the helmets. So who does, and how good a helmet maker are they. Ducati was doing a similar thing a while back, they may still do it. It was around the same time as the Sport Classic series of bikes. As I recall they were having the helmets made by a top brand,

Yeah, because the reality is Guzzi doesn't make the helmets. So who does, and how good a helmet maker are they. Ducati was doing a similar thing a while back, they may still do it. It was around the same time as the Sport Classic series of bikes. As I recall they were having the helmets made by a top brand,

I have a Ducati modular helmet. It's a Schuberth C3. BMW helmets are also made by Schuberth.

Nolan is the Italian helmet brand that first comes to mind. I have a few of them and while they don't fit my head as well as some Arai helmets do I find them to be a good quality helmet.

Even thou I own an open face helmet, and they are very comfortable, I'm not into 3/4 helmets, I like my face too much... With urban traffic the way it is where I live, and one of the highest motorcycle fatality rates in the US, I prefer to go with a full face helmet.
Jvcadixxion

When I originally posted this I was hoping someone actually tried one on. I have never bought a helmet before without putting on my head first...

My first Guzzi modular helmet was the rebranded Suomy Aria II.
Very nice quality, but it had the old two-hand opening system (nowadays you can open the helmets on-the-fly with just one hand).

I have a couple of MG helmets which I bought about 2 years ago. First I bought this one and I have to admit it was shot in the dark. The size of the helmet is one thing but shape of your head is as important as the size if not more
MG1
The fit was perfect, I measure my head and it was anything between 59 - 60 cm which converts to Large. Shortly after I ordered second one and with the same success:
MG2

The quality is very good but I have no idea who produce those helmets for MG. I have 6 helmets, couple Vespa ones, Mono Design, Davida, and two AGV ones, including full face. In my opinion the best in my collection is by far the Davida helmet, great fit and workmanship. Both AGV helmets are great but at high speed they have tendency to affect the movement of the head due to aerodynamics. I tried Schubert M1 Gravity helmet with communication add-in but my head shape didn't like the fit, sold it week later with huge lost. My advice is to go to the store where you can try one and keep it on you head for at least 35 minutes and if you don't develop any hot-spots you have a winner. Buying on-line is probably not the best way but in my case the Davida helmet which I bought on-line is in my books the best I have and I'm very glad I did it.

I got hit by a drunk driver, running a red light back in 87 !
Going by the gouge marks, in the fibreglass of my Full Face.
If I had been wearing one of those retro beanie things, I wouldn't have had a Face !
Unfortunately, Since photobucket decided to hold us to ransome, I lost the photos.
So, no point in posting a link to the article!
But I was in Hospital for over 5 months as I got rebuilt !
No way, would I ever considder anything, other than a Full Face Helmet !

Back