• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Screens for Audace

Dale Ehrlich

Just got it firing!
Hello folks. I'm new to the site and new to MG. Bought a "new" Audace last week, and I'm very pleased.

I don't do serious touring, but I'm on the road enough to know that the wind shear at 75 mph is exhausting over the course of an afternoon on a naked bike. On my other bikes I have either full fairings or tall screens.

So I'm looking at my options for the Audace, and about all I see is these little flyscreens from Dart. They don't look as if they'd make a whole lot of difference in the amount of wind that smacks you in the chest. I'm' wondering if any of you who have purchased these Dart screens could tell me how much protection they actually offer. I'm giving serious thought to something aftermarket from National Cycle, but then, at the same time, I don't want to spoil the aesthetics of my most-beautiful-motorcycle-ever.

Thanks,
Dale

Hello folks. I'm new to the site and new to MG. Bought a "new" Audace last week, and I'm very pleased.
Congrats and welcome Dale! Love to get your info for the Registry thread here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/cal1400-registry-pics-thread-add-your-bike.11538/ - post in that thread, and I'll add your info to the first post.
As Dave noted above, the Dart screens are pretty decent for their size. They do a good job of taking the wind blast off of your chest, and keeping the gauge cluster clean from bugs. They keep your helmet in the wind.
Hope that helps.

I have the Dart Marlin on it deflects most of the wind pressure off of my chest and reduces head buffeting somewhat. Looks great on the bike also.

I bought Dart Marlin Marlin last year from UK*.
So. the quality is decent and installation is straightforward.
Did I receive a huge improvement? Nope. It's slightly better on 100 km+ (65mph) speed, but it's not a game changer.
I'm tall - 190cm. (6ft+) so maybe this is a root cause.

*(and was heavily f.. by canadian custom with all sets of duties and fees - be aware Canucks)

Back