• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1100 several things on dash not working.

Raggitash

Just got it firing!
Hi guys,

I bought a Griso 1100 in amazing condition with everything working.

It was left for a couple of months (Winter) and the battery lost charge ( I didn't know), when I tried to start it everything obviously lost power.

It now will not
1. Cycle through menus using the left front select button.
2. The clock has stopped, just doesn't run.
3. The view select switch shows battery ( with no menu Toggle available), trip 2 on BOTH position 1 AND 2

I tried on/off, battery disconnected/connected. Bike starts and temp, mph, rev counter all work. Is there a reset or something I can try?

Help please.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am not aware of a reset button but you could disconnect the battery then remove the plugs that go into the dash, spray them with contact cleaner and re insert. Maybe your Scottish winter got the better of them.

I am not aware of a reset button but you could disconnect the battery then remove the plugs that go into the dash, spray them with contact cleaner and re insert. Maybe your Scottish winter got the better of them.

Thanks Kevin, Winter only started today with a pathetic attempt of 0'C and the bike hasn't been out in even that.

I have tried the connections already without luck.

I am dreading that it may be something more sinister.

Raggi

While waiting to connect your new battery, short the positive and negative terminals together overnight.

If the fault still persists, unplug the Dashboard, clean the contact and reinsert several times.

Hi again,

Tried all sorts and still missing functionality. Anyone know how to go about reflashing ecu from a standing start.

Or where to get another.

Cheers

Reflashing ECU won't make the dash work. Dash is of itself an ecu, sort of. I would try dash on a different Griso 1st. Does bike start OK now?

Reflashing ECU won't make the dash work. Dash is of itself an ecu, sort of. I would try dash on a different Griso 1st. Does bike start OK now?

Yes, the bike starts and rides fine. it shows mph and rev counter both working.

the clock does not leave 00.00 and function button does nothing.

cheers

I know it's no consolation, but I had a Breva 1100 that I removed the battery for several months. When the battery was installed the odometer jumped from 26,980 kM to 335,544 kM and froze. I never leave bikes without a battery connected for long periods anymore.

Oh bum - ive had my Griso in the workshop tracing a fault and waiting for a replacement ECU - with battery disconnected for a few months now - hope it all goes ok when back together !! I there a battery in the dash to preserve info which eventually dies ?

It doesn't take much current to maintain the dash. Find 12v in dry cells or whatever, and place that temporarily across the battery terminals (observing polarity of course). Or get your new replacement battery now.

Having the ECU disconnected will do no harm.

For the past 10 years i have disconnected my battery in my griso an the wife's breva to keep them in a warm place and the bikes stay in the cold garage. I never had any problems reconnecting them. all works fine. I do make an efford in disconnecting and reconnecting the leads without Sparks and in one try.

Ok - I put the Giso 1100 all back together yesterday with the replacement (used) ECU, battery in and fired up and ran fine. A little rough to at first because of lack of fuel but then good. Took it for a test ride and all good. My original problem was not re-starting when hot and left standing for an hour or so with various random symptoms. - So Ive been through it and got advice and think it was a bad earth to the ECU and possibly water damage in the ECU. More test rides to do to confirm reliability of the fix but wow enjoyed the Griso experience once again
Just for info related to previous posts - the dash still works fine after months disconnected, keys worked fine with replacement ECU. -
Now it is running fine to my knowledge, but Question is, the replacement ECU is from an 06 bike when mine is an 08, so should the ECU be updated to a newer 'flash' or whatever - in the UK ?

Last edited:
If you have software to reset the TPS, it should be able to show the version in the ECU. There are downloads of various maps available on line, it's up to you whether you want to trust them. Whatever you do, always back up the existing map first before replacing it.

Good to hear the dash (another ECU) survived the months of being disconnected.

Dang, I have the same problem as Raggitash! Had my battery disconnected and on a battery tender over winter (I have no power in my garage).

Got the bike going again last weekend and since then my dash only works partially - speedo, odo and rev counter work, the rest is dead.

With the trip switch in "Mode" the LCD display goes blank.

Raggitash, have you made any progress with your situation?

Hi guys,

I sent my dash to Carmo. They were very helpful to the point of send a video clip.

Turns out there is nothing wrong with the dash. I have just refitted it and still have the problem.

Koen at Carmo gave me some checks to do around the three way switch and I am not getting the voltage responses he described.

I want to check my earths but don't know where they all are, Can you help?

I would also like to know where the mode button terminates so that I can check that as well.

Looked at the cct drawing but it is not clear. Help would be gratefully received.

Thanks Raggi

Back