• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New 2008 Norge, Alarm light flashing on and off

Speedy

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all, just aquired a new 2008 Norge, was a dealer demo with 600kms on it (of which I put 100 of them on it on a test drive). Anyhow, I did purchase this unit and hauled it home, some 450 klms north of Edmonton, Alberta.
While it was sitting on the back of my truck, I noticed a red L.E.D. flashing on and off ( roughly 5 second intervals). Does not do it with the engine running, nor are there any service codes or indicatations of a problem on the lcd screen. I contacted the dealer and they said that the computer needs to be reset and it was safe to drive it this way. I plan on driving it to Edmonton (apx 450 kms), and am concerned about the alarm.
Has any one run into this before? Is there any cause for worry?
Thanks
Keep your knees in the breeze

Speedy

Normal to see it flashing. I live in Fort McMurray and have a Norge since early 2007. Let me know if you have question with your bike. Most dealers in this area have no idea of the product (Moto Guzzi) they sell.

Ron

Yup. It's the imobilizer/security light. It flashes to try and convince people that a Guzzi is worth stealing.

Didn't know you could turn it off! learn something new every day but why would you bother??

Pete

Hey thanks Ron, glad to know that a fellow Guzzi rider lives way up here too.
Have you done any mods to your Norge? ie: larger windshield, lower foot pegs or move handle bars back. All stuff that I want to do to make it more comfortable for long trips. Found a larger windshield from CalSci, going to order one today.
It has finally warmed up to +20c at the moment, think I'll go for a rip on 881.:)
If your ever up for a ride , let me know, I like to head down 881 to Anzac and back or to Lac Labiche.

Cheers, Peter

Keep your knees in the breeze

Cool, I'll just leave it that way, actually , I originally thought that that is what it was (bike alarm), but didn't think that it came standard with the Norge.

Peter

Hi Speedy, did you see the post on the group buy for the CalSci windshield? You just need to mention Guzzitech group buy in the comments section when you order and you get a $20 discount. I just ordered one myself. I've had my Norge for just over a year and so far it has proven to be the most enjoyable I've ever owned. Hope you enjoy yours just as much.

Lot of mods, Supension, windhshield, bar risers. crash bars, moto lights lowered seat. software, K&N, Exhaust Mistral Call me if you like 7808817514> you can check it out. Leaving for Alaska on Wednesday.

Ron

Nope didn't see that, too late though, I already ordered one on line and paid for it.
Great site by the way!
Saw a Norge in town the other day, he was going one way I , the other. We kind of saw each other out of the corner of our eye. Low and behold, he is a member of this great forum, and fired me off a message offering help to answer any questions or concerns about my new Norge. Now how awesome is that, I ask you.

Bike is due for first service next week ( have a 450 kms ride to get to the dealer ;-). Hope the weindsheild gets here before then.
Have a great day,
Cheers, Speedy

Ron have a good and safe trip up to Alaska. It's raining tonight, but hopefully the skies will open up for you and your party and give you great weather for the days ahead.;)

Cheers, Speedy ( Peter)

Back