• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Issues with my Stelvio

Thank you so much for your answer, will do. Could you please explain why you says that the rpm sensor leak is "normal" ? Thanks again

Thank you so much for your answer, will do. Could you please explain why you says that the rpm sensor leak is "normal" ? Thanks again

It is not so much that the rpm sensor leak is normal, more that it is not uncommon. That leak has been occurring since the first fuel injected Guzzi was introduced.

Hi guys, I had a new little noise few days ago, seems to be on the right side of the engine, was on my way to the dealer to buy some oil and talked to one of the tech and asked him if he could spare few minutes to listen the "noise"..He says , i don't like that, leave the bike here and I will check...
I received an email today telling me that the problem is """It had the slipped out gasket in the oil pan """
The bike is under warranty..all good, but my question is " what could be the reason" ???
Apparently they had a Norge 2 weeks ago with the same problem. (my stelvio has 20 000 K / 2016)
If you have any idea...thank you so much for your help ?
Walter

The only thing I have ever heard of with an issue with the oil pan gasket is the gasket breaks between the main oil passage and you get a low oil pressure light. You didn't mention anything about a service or oil pressure light so would be interested to find out exactly what the issue was they found. Sounds more like "hey, I had a bike here last week that sounded like that, it was the oil gasket" senario.

Unfortunately engine noise on a Guzzi can be just about anything from completely normal to it is about to explode (and that is rare). May be a valve adjuster loosened up but then you would have most likely had some runnability issues. Could also be gearbox rattle which is normal and sounds like it is coming from the engine right side. If pulling in the clutch lever made it go away then you are good.

Without hearing it next to impossible to diagnose but I doubt it was anything serious as the majority of noise on these engines is normal.

Thanks, no absolutely no warning light ..will have an update from the dealer in the next few days..I did the valve less then 2000 K ago, everything OK on that side...will let you know when I have more news..thanks

Back