• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Removed the heel shifter

That is a practical modification. How did you do it? Is there a way to re-align the whole shifter?I was using thin soled Alpinestar riding boots which was perfect for this shift but with the weather changing here I have started using thick soled boots with heels. The whole shifting operation has changed dramatically. Riding in traffic becomes problematic.....one has to raise the heel to use the heel shifter while at the same time the toe is positioned under the toe shift. The whole foot has to be repositioned/slide out to manage that and it is almost a tap dance riding in the city...there have been times when 3rd has shifted to 4th inadvertently!

You can adjust the height of the lever using the connecting rod.

Reactions: Uss
Sorry for the delay, I don't get on here much.

Uss - I just cut the end off and used a bench grinder to copy the contour so the rubber bit could go back on.

Buzgyld - It's not so much the boot size but the placement options. I like to hang my heels off the back of the floor boards if I'm really leaning into a turn. Otherwise more options are nice on long trips too.

I accidentally hit the heel shifter twice while test riding and Dave (Moto International) pulled it off for me. I have it wrapped in bubble wrap with the original bolts. Have not looked back 35,000 miles and 4 years later.

Thought I'd chime in. I couldn't stand having that heel shifter in my way. But I did miss several 2-3 shifts under full throttle since my foot would slide back. So I modified mine to stay out of the way and still provide a solid heel shift when needed. I've got over 500 miles on the result and couldn't be happier.
Trevor....I went your way and copied your design..... Just came back from a 2700 KM ride and couldn't have been happier. Thank you and safe rides!

Back