• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Insights

Seamus MacCallum

Just got it firing!
Can you good folks here offer a newb like myself some insight on the pros and cons of the V7III and the V9 Bobber? Also how much similar are they in regards to performance? Which is easier to live with? Can you do two up day trips on either? Which one do you think is the better value? Can't seem to find a decent review on the V9. Thank you very much for your insight! Safe riding!

I had a V9 Roamer for a year before switching over to the Stone iii. The engines are similar, but the V9 has noticeable extra low down grunt. The V9's have nice extras like USB socket and all metal finish. The V9 feels a little bigger and the footpegs are further forward which means you can rest your knees against the heads. The V7 feels a little more raucous and manoeuvrable which makes for a better city bike. My aesthetic changed - at first I hated the look of the V7 and loved the cruiser-ish vibe of the V9. Then I switched. Tank size is a major factor. I think sometimes of getting a Bobber, but I think I'll hold off for the mooted road bike with the V85 engine. Headline - both are really nice bikes. In my country, the V9s are the better deal in that used prices are lower.

I had a V9 Roamer for a year before switching over to the Stone iii. The engines are similar, but the V9 has noticeable extra low down grunt. The V9's have nice extras like USB socket and all metal finish. The V9 feels a little bigger and the footpegs are further forward which means you can rest your knees against the heads. The V7 feels a little more raucous and manoeuvrable which makes for a better city bike. My aesthetic changed - at first I hated the look of the V7 and loved the cruiser-ish vibe of the V9. Then I switched. Tank size is a major factor. I think sometimes of getting a Bobber, but I think I'll hold off for the mooted road bike with the V85 engine. Headline - both are really nice bikes. In my country, the V9s are the better deal in that used prices are lower.
Thank you for your insight! I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible. I'm in Germany and I'm a little more taken with the look of the bobber but would be happy to have the V7 as well. From what I've seen the V9 sounds better but it doesn't seem like there is much difference in power performance between the two.

Pecking out this response on phone with fat thumbs, thus apologies for errors.

I have sat on several 9’s but not ridden any; I own a 7 II & III.

Any m/c can make multi-day rides, of course, but, also of course, some are better tourers than others.

IMO, all foot-fwd, sit-up-&-beg mounts are less comfortable for serious LD riding than standards or even sportier machines.

I have many touring miles on all of my Guzzi’s, yet only one — the Norge — is designed for that. Could care less as all do the job and are a hoot.

See my V7 registry entries for my V7 III with H-B bags.

I know folks who have ridden on 6K r/t’s on 7’s, but think most 9’s are of the local riding sort. Perhaps someone can leap in and point out how nines have been used for a very long rides. I hope so. I just don’t know of any.

In many respects, all of this boils down to what you like. If a 9 calls to you, get it. They don’t to me, but motorcycles are the ultimate YMMV items.

Best wishes; let us know what you decide.

Bill

Pecking out this response on phone with fat thumbs, thus apologies for errors.

I have sat on several 9’s but not ridden any; I own a 7 II & III.

Any m/c can make multi-day rides, of course, but, also of course, some are better tourers than others.

IMO, all foot-fwd, sit-up-&-beg mounts are less comfortable for serious LD riding than standards or even sportier machines.

I have many touring miles on all of my Guzzi’s, yet only one — the Norge — is designed for that. Could care less as all do the job and are a hoot.

See my V7 registry entries for my V7 III with H-B bags.

I know folks who have ridden on 6K r/t’s on 7’s, but think most 9’s are of the local riding sort. Perhaps someone can leap in and point out how nines have been used for a very long rides. I hope so. I just don’t know of any.

In many respects, all of this boils down to what you like. If a 9 calls to you, get it. They don’t to me, but motorcycles are the ultimate YMMV items.

Best wishes; let us know what you decide.

Bill
Thank you very much Bill! I appreciate your insight! I will look for your previous posts but may take me a while as this the first forum I've ever joined and learning my way round. MG bug has bitten me and I can't enough info.

Back