• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cracked Cal 14 Exhaust Parts

img_0540-jpg.12146

Shiny............:cool:

I have a question especially for the Eldo owners....has this problem been faced by any of the Eldos? I have Agostini pipes... are those heavier than the originals and are all Calis fated to have this failure? Are there any precautions one can take to avoid this? After a long ride when I put the bike on the stand with the motor running I start to hear some tin/rattling noise especially from the right hand side. Is this how it starts? I only have 2000 kms on it....

NO aftermarket pipes are going to be heavier than the stock units. Trust me...

Jim

-- though a teaser pic of my all-new system (not yet shown on the Store) below - Available with short or long mufflers (long shown):

No Todd, stop it, stop it now. I don't want to look at them, take them away, unless you want me to cite you in my divorce.

I have a question especially for the Eldo owners....has this problem been faced by any of the Eldos? I have Agostini pipes... are those heavier than the originals and are all Calis fated to have this failure? Are there any precautions one can take to avoid this? After a long ride when I put the bike on the stand with the motor running I start to hear some tin/rattling noise especially from the right hand side. Is this how it starts? I only have 2000 kms on it....

Hi Uss, I have 20,000kms on my Eldo and so far so good, can't see any signs of cracking.

John.

Well I must be setting some sort of record as my 1400 has racked up 17,000+ miles and no exhaust failure yet. I do however, have one of Todd's crossovers sitting in the box waiting should it happen.

For the rattling issue, red loktite is your friend. Mine started buzzing on both sides at 3000 miles...

Jim
Thanks for the tip...I checked, none of them were loose but it still rattles...what nuts n bolts do I need to re-do? The ones on the shield covers or are there ones under them? Perhaps they need to be 'balanced'?
Cheers

I doubt it.

18000 miles on my 2014 Custom with no issues. However, I did put a pair of Mistrals on at 4500 miles. Still using the same stock H arrangement though. The Mistrals have maybe one third to a half the weight of the stock muffler. I think it's the physical inertia of those big, heavy, stock mufflers was maybe aggravating the issue....

Thanks for the tip...I checked, none of them were loose but it still rattles...what nuts n bolts do I need to re-do? The ones on the shield covers or are there ones under them? Perhaps they need to be 'balanced'?
Cheers
Sorry it took so long to notice your comment.... Use the stock hardware, just use LOTS of red or blue Locktite thread-sealing compound (whichever you feel most comfortable with). I find the Blue variety usually does the trick...

Mine is a 2017 will it crack ?
In time, it most likely will. If you've skimmed this thread at all, you'll have your answer as to when.
I know there are a few here that will try to make me wrong, but I’ve sold and replaced enough of them to back my words.
Building a full system, however, seems to have been a complete waste of time, money and resources, as I’ve sold ~4 sets total since 2014... despite the 20 hp/lb.ft. of power gains and significant weight reduction.

In time, it most likely will. I know there are a few here that will try to make me wrong, but I’ve sold and replaced enough of them to back my words.
Building a full system, however, seems to have been a complete waste of time, money and resources, as I’ve sold ~4 sets total since 2014... despite the 20 hp/lb.ft. of power gains and significant weight reduction.

Well I’m glad I got one of them. Adding the head pipes really finished cleaning up the fueling and the bike just runs better

In time, it most likely will. If you've skimmed this thread at all, you'll have your answer as to when.
I know there are a few here that will try to make me wrong, but I’ve sold and replaced enough of them to back my words.

Todd. I can’t believe that only 4 people have purchased the headers to add to your slipons. The headers made a noticeable difference in the way the motor runs. It just runs crisper and cleaner.

Todd. I can’t believe that only 4 people have purchased the headers to add to your slipons. The headers made a noticeable difference in the way the motor runs. It just runs crisper and cleaner.
Zero reviews online for the headers;

And a whopping one on the full system;

I have videos and dyno graphs online, and a lifetime warranty... seems people still prefer to buy the name brands with none of those. This is the reason I won’t be doing any more once sold out.

For the rattling issue, red loktite is your friend. Mine started buzzing on both sides at 3000 miles...

Jim

Jim,

Not so sure that advising RED Loctite for fasteners that will need to be removed periodically when removing the mufflers (to change rear tire) is good advice. The RED Loctite usually requires heating for removal. The BLUE Loctite (when properly applied) will work as well and does not need heat for the fastener to be removed.

Back