• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III Spring checklist

Sean Bates

Just got it firing!
Hi all - New rider here. Picked up a '17 V7 Stone last year. Planning to fire it up this week (Toronto based so it's been sitting for a few months).

The bike has bee in underground parking. Get's fairly cold down there during the winter months but not below zero (at least not for an extended period of time). In the fall I pulled the battery, added fuel stabilizer, put some planks under the tires. Just using the stock kickstand, so no center stand or cinder block. Put bags on the pipes and had a good cover to keep the dust off. Every month or so I would roll the tires & check the pressure, and trickle charge the battery

Does anyone have a good spring checklist they typically run down? Appreciate any tips!

Sean

sounds like you've done a lot more than I typically do. Maybe just double check your lights, brakes and take her out. Most importantly is get ready for the bad drivers that are out to ruin your day.

Not really required, but I recommend taking the rear wheel off, just for practice when it is needed, so you know what to expect. I just did mine to change the tire and also lubed the splines.

Hi all - New rider here. Picked up a '17 V7 Stone last year. Planning to fire it up this week (Toronto based so it's been sitting for a few months).

The bike has bee in underground parking. Get's fairly cold down there during the winter months but not below zero (at least not for an extended period of time). In the fall I pulled the battery, added fuel stabilizer, put some planks under the tires. Just using the stock kickstand, so no center stand or cinder block. Put bags on the pipes and had a good cover to keep the dust off. Every month or so I would roll the tires & check the pressure, and trickle charge the battery

Does anyone have a good spring checklist they typically run down? Appreciate any tips!

Sean
Hey - you get it from Corsa? Good guys they are...
If you didn't change the engine oil before you put it away, now's the time. Check the level and make sure there's not too much or too little in there. Check it with bike level. I got one of those drive in wheel chocks from Princess Auto for cheap - have a look. I lost one of my header bolts on the highway last year so I'd check those too. Torque to whatever the manual says (10 Nm?). Check the clutch cable play and make sure it's spot on (this ain't a Honda). Fortnine is a good place up here to get lubricants and tires.

Thanks all - Fired it up yesterday. We had some snow around noon in Toronto but the roads dried up so took it out for a quick 30-40 minutes before my hands froze up.

The horn wasn't working for some reason, but it's pretty wimpy anyway so I rarely use it...

Hey - you get it from Corsa? Good guys they are...
If you didn't change the engine oil before you put it away, now's the time. Check the level and make sure there's not too much or too little in there. Check it with bike level. I got one of those drive in wheel chocks from Princess Auto for cheap - have a look. I lost one of my header bolts on the highway last year so I'd check those too. Torque to whatever the manual says (10 Nm?). Check the clutch cable play and make sure it's spot on (this ain't a Honda). Fortnine is a good place up here to get lubricants and tires.
I bought it used but Corsa does all the service. Great team there for sure. Appreciate the info!

Back