• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fitting Oxford and R&G hot grips

Oh, I'm not skeptical, I'm thrifty, cheap, feeling poor as I just retired 2 weeks ago and so no paycheck this week etc etc.

I totally understand, but you've plunked down $$$ for the bike and now if you are retired and planning on racking up serious mileage, I cannot express just how massive a transformation the full fueling monty made on my motorcycle. It is no less than amazing now. I wish I had done it from the start but I was hesitant to not void my warranty. Now, I wonder how I ever lived without it.

If somebody offered me twice what I paid for it to take it off, I would decline. Yes, it's that good and I'm not exaggerating or compensated, or personal friends with Todd. I'm just a true believer now with an awesome motorcycle.

Sorry to resurrect a year old thread, but canuck1969 said there is no need to add the relay after 2013. I have a 2017 Stelvio and am looking at installing the Oxford heated grips and simply wirung them into the stock leads for the heated grips. Have read some say it'll cook the ECU, the amp draw is too much, etc. I'm not real savvy on this sort of thing, and don't want to wreck anything on my bike, but my digits get pretty cold up here in north Idaho! Anybody do this and have problems, or is it a sound plan? Thanks for your help!

Sorry to resurrect a year old thread, but canuck1969 said there is no need to add the relay after 2013. I have a 2017 Stelvio and am looking at installing the Oxford heated grips and simply wirung them into the stock leads for the heated grips. Have read some say it'll cook the ECU, the amp draw is too much, etc. I'm not real savvy on this sort of thing, and don't want to wreck anything on my bike, but my digits get pretty cold up here in north Idaho! Anybody do this and have problems, or is it a sound plan? Thanks for your help!

Don't believe everything you read.

It will not fry the ECU. Been waiting 7 years for someone to substantiate that claim. Relay is already included in the 2012+ bikes (unless they got cheap in the later years). Just won't activate without a draw.

Been running my oxford grips wired to the stock controller (wires) for 7 years on my 2012 (as have others). Works fine. Just need to splice them in as the connectors are different. Pick up some insulated bullet connectors and call it a day.

Absolutely no reason to not use the stock Oxford setup wiring it right to the battery. I have them on 3 bikes and it works fine. they shut off after a minute or so of the bike not running and it's simple. when you are sure you are ready to install them starting the bike and putting them on high to get red hot lets them slip on better. also using gorilla super glue that uses water to activate it is the best I've found. put a few lines of glue on one side dip the other in water and slide them together. I also use painters tape or masking on the throttle end so none gets under the throttle tube.
Make sure the power cable as it goes into the grip won't block the clutch or brake levers.

Absolutely no reason to not use the stock Oxford setup wiring it right to the battery. I have them on 3 bikes and it works fine. they shut off after a minute or so of the bike not running and it's simple. when you are sure you are ready to install them starting the bike and putting them on high to get red hot lets them slip on better. also using gorilla super glue that uses water to activate it is the best I've found. put a few lines of glue on one side dip the other in water and slide them together. I also use painters tape or masking on the throttle end so none gets under the throttle tube.
Make sure the power cable as it goes into the grip won't block the clutch or brake levers.

Other than the fact the Stelvio already has one hard wired into the bike with its own selector that comes on when the bike is turned on and avoids all the unnecessary wiring and mounting of the Oxford controller. Also, the Oxford auto shut off will not work if you have a lithium battery so just be careful with that part. i learned that the hard way on my V-Strom that had a lithium battery. The resting voltage on the lithium battery is above the cut off voltage for the controller and will keep the grips on when you turn the bike off until the battery voltage drops to that range. Makes for very hot grips after a couple of hours and a not so happy lithium battery.

Other than that, you are right.

Gonna resurrect this thread for a few questions. So, as I understand, the Oxford grips can be wired DIRECTLY to the stock heated grip wires. With that said, I assume on my ‘17 Stelvio, that the switch on the left hand assembly no turns them on-off. Is it just on-off or are there heat levels? If yes, does that also work on the Oxfords? Last question, what model number for the Oxfords? Thanks

Yes Steve, I have them on my 2017 Stelvio and they work great using the stock controller on the forward side of the left handlebar set. It toggles thru off/1/2/3. I found the same connector the the bike has on it and installed them on my Oxfords. Plugs right into the stock wiring. As for the part number for the Oxfords, I don't remember. I just bought the replacement grips and cut the plug ends off them and installed my new plug ends. That way the grips were like $20 each. With the matching plug ends I'm into the whole deal less than $50! Works great!

Back