• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tire Pressure - Safe to Ride???

Mayakovski

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
Greetings;

I am getting my Anniversario ready for riding, and have checked and both tires are down on pressure.
The front is at 26 PSI and the rear at 31 PSI.
The Guzzi manual states both should be 36.26 PSI.

Are these pressures too low for riding the 8 or so KM to the closest station with an air pump, or am I OK if I ride extra carefully?

Thanks

Greetings;

I am getting my Anniversario ready for riding, and have checked and both tires are down on pressure.
The front is at 26 PSI and the rear at 31 PSI.
The Guzzi manual states both should be 36.26 PSI.

Are these pressures too low for riding the 8 or so KM to the closest station with an air pump, or am I OK if I ride extra carefully?

Thanks
In my opinion you'll be fine.

Be sure to let the tires cool off for awhile before you adjust pressure. With low tire pressure the tire flexes more building heat which will increase pressure.

Since compressed air is so far for you, having a portable tank may not be a bad idea. You can put in in your car to top it off to tank pressure. Something like this. https://www.harborfreight.com/5-gallon-portable-air-tank-65594.html or if you want to get fancy, https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1...PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-206159256-_-302634287-_-N I keep the Ryobi in my Model T Ford in case I need it on a tour or while on the road.

Or just get a 12v pump, which you can carry with you. I have a couple of Slime pumps, they work great, and even come with a little toy pressure gauge (not to be trusted).

Because of my job I always have access to an air compressor so I don't have a problem keeping on top of my tire pressures. I have 3. A 15 gallon one that is almost strong enough to take one wheel off my truck before the tank is empty. A 3 gallon "pancake" for work. This one is perfect for airing up tires or shooting my nail guns. And a little Slime one like kiwi dave mentioned that I can carry on the bike.

At Harbor Freight, they have several models that can be had for under $100. Then you won't have to worry about riding on a low tire.

But to the original question....... putt-putting to the gas station couple pounds lo won't hurt anything.

Since this is turning into a tire pump thread, and since I just bought one for an upcoming trip, I will mention that AeroStich sells a nifty one. It's pretty small, powers off of your bike's battery and even comes with a carabinier to clip it on the bike when in use to keep it out of the dirt. It just arrived in the mail a couple of days ago so I haven't tried it yet but it looks typical of AeroStich stuff...well built.
Garwood.

Thank you for that reference, Dinsdale! Looks like what I've been looking for... :)

The Rocky Creek MotoPressor Mini Digital Pump is available from Amazon.com for $59.95 in the USA. I just ordered one.

I have a hand-held air pump kit already (Ryobi P737 inflator with high-capacity 18V Lithium battery and charger) that I've been using for the past few years to maintain car, motorcycle, and bicycle tire pressures. I bought it when I despaired of finding any service station air pumps anywhere in the neighborhood or for miles around that had a working air pump AND a filler neck that would fit Racer's spoked wheels and valves. There's not a lot of room to work there, and most station pumps have filler necks that simply do not work. The Ryobi works extremely well but it's too large to carry on either a bicycle or a motorcycle when traveling ... The MotoPressor will do well on the motorcycle and can be used in a pinch on the bicycle along with a light, small LiFePo jump starter battery as well as a Schrader to Presta tire valve adapter.

Back