• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Uniden 2G/3G/4G Cradle Style Celluar Signal Booster $197

Bert Remington

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc coverage is pretty sketchy in San Diego County mountains including downtown Descanso and my workshop. I've been looking for boosters for my vehicles and workshop. Asked a question of Uniden and their Business Development Head pointed me at their Cradle Style kit https://unidencellular.com/uniden-link-4g-cellular-booster-2040cpal.html This seems to be a new product for $197 with 60-day return. I just purchased one so my only decision now is whether to buy a second. For me, this is mostly a safety issue.
Cradle on mount crop 163a7099 Mount bottom 163a7022 Lighter plug power cable 12 v 163a7139 Outdoor magnet mount antenna 163a7119

BTW my new-to-me 2012 Norge is in Windsor, CA waiting for an oil pan gasket. Per forum recommendations, I asked them to inspect and clean the oil pan after rollerization. I'll do the new member thing after the Norge arrives in San Diego.

I tested the unit on several cars and also a metal roof using my T-Mobile LG D415 phone. I registered the unit with T-Mobile. It boosted the signal strength (bars icon) but not the network connection (2G/3G/4G icon) so I was unable to make calls, send/receive SMS or MMS, or send/receive e-mail. Therefore this unit doesn't meet any of my mobile or fixed station needs. I should have purchased a SPOT 3 or something similar for motorcycle use.

BTW if you buy someone else's booster unit for motorcycle use be aware you may need an antenna like the Laird Technologies - TRA6927M3NBN-001-4G/3G Multiband Phantom Antenna, 698-960MHz, 1700-2700MHz, Black, NMO Mount, No Ground Plane to compensate for the lack of a metal roof, etc providing a ground plane.

Response to your specific question: no bar benefit because no network. I know the phone is capable of 2G and 3G because I've seen it. I also know T-Mobile has been weird about bars and networks (eg, Rhinelander WI) so this could be a service provider not a booster issue.

So here's the background and way forward under consideration:

Riding a motorcycle I wanted to be able to contact family and friends to provide status, request assistance, etc.

I started with the permanently-wired TrackMate Mini 3G vehicle tracker using the Orange (Ignition On) wire as a HelpMe notification. A nice, tidy unit with good GPS reception and low monthly cost ($9) but reporting was limited to 3G cell coverage. There were also problems with their webpage and technical support.

I then tried to improve my phone's cell coverage with the Uniden signal booster. No improvement.

My friends, who are not motorcyclists, have the BrickHouse Spark Nano 5 personal tracker with an SOS button. They have good GPS and reporting although limited to 3G cell coverage and the SMS reporting has been flaky the last 6 months (I think BrickHouse is upgrading their server). So hoping I could retain some of my TrackMate investment, I tried their Bolt 3G personal tracker. Big fail, all the flaws of the Mini 3G with no upsides.

So joining my friends I tried BrickHouse's new Spark Nano 7 personal tracker which has 4G cell coverage, excellent GPS and, to my surprise, a very sensitive movement sensing capability (like inches). Works very well...except cell coverage.

As you can imagine at this point my budget is busted. But I'm liking the SPOT GEN3 which uses the Globalstar satellite network for communications rather than cell towers. According to reviews, it's great for reliable line-of-sight (ie, clear sky above) notifications (there are four types) but weaker on tracking (which I've discovered I really don't need especially with an 88 RWHP Norge). Monthly cost is about the same as BrickHouse ($20) and there is a nice RAM mount for motorcycles. The four notifications are OK, user-defined whatever, user-defined "Help" (which can be NSD's nationwide Save Our Vehicle), and the GEOS International Emergency Response. If I can rollback some of my above mistakes, I hope this is my endpoint solution.

Back