• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Micro switch under clutch lever

guzziben47

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I discovered a new switch today. It is a little metal pin under the clutch lever. I tried pushing it in but nothing happened (or something happened and I didn't notice what it was).

Does anyone know what the micro switch under the clutch lever is for?

Yep that's an easy one. It tells the ECU when you have the clutch lever pulled in. If you try to start the bike with it in gear it won't until you pull the clutch in - it's that little switch that tells the ECU that it's OK to spin the starter.

BUT, be careful of the switch, I had a look at a Stelvio this week and it's the same switch as my Breva. The switch body is held together with two tabs, one on either side that snap over a small plastic bump to hold them in place. They are very weak and even a small tug on the wires can pull the switch apart.

My solution was to: take it apart and slide some heat shrink of appropriate size over the switch, reasssemble it and then activate the heat shrink around the switch. THis has held it together nicely now for over two years.

Hello ALL. A long time since the last post here. Came across this thread as I had the misfortune of breaking my switch. I have a question to the folks who are savvy electrically. Can you replace this switch with a 2 wire 6mm proximity sensor? How will it affect the ECU? Will it work? Buying a cheap sensor is no problem......wrecking the ECU is a big one. Appreciate your thoughts.

On my Breva 1100 I also found that when the clutch is pulled in and the clutch switch is operated the revs increase by about 100-200rpm, it operates the stepper motor. I have a mechanical switch to shut off the stepper motor and when its shut off the revs do not increase when the clutch is pulled in. BTW you can get that switch from Radio Spares.

The switch part number is RS 157-1036. you have to get the extn actuator RS 173-9353, it just clips on. wiring comes out the side instead of the back but it can still be fitted

Thanks Kevin. Info very helpful. Prefer the RS one as lots cheaper. Switch and extender already ordered.

The switch part number is RS 157-1036. you have to get the extn actuator RS 173-9353, it just clips on. wiring comes out the side instead of the back but it can still be fitted

Hi Kevin, I have a question for you if you wouldn’t mind me asking.
My 06 Griso 1100 has a issue with the side switch idiot light remaining on even with the side stand up. I ran a polarity test on the switch it works fine however the darn idiot light stays on. Therefor it won’t allow me to put the bike in gear & ride. As you know it shuts down the engine.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Disconnect the wiring to the side stand switch, the light should go off, if it stays on there is problem further up the line. I haven't got the wiring diagram in front of me at the moment but i think it puts an earth to the ECU when the stand is down.

Back