• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Better braking for my Griso 1100

archercc

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So the fix on the reaction rod has a renewed interest in riding the bike but compared to my others it REALLY needs a braking improvement. I've done a bleed so I know I am coming from fresh/clean fluid but the feel and travel on the lever for actual braking ability is starkly different to the point where it takes adjustment when switching to the Guzzi.

Looking for a STREET setup. Really I just want much better initial bite. Wont be putting a lot of heat into the system because this bike wont be tracked and when I am riding aggressively in the mountains I tend to ride "the pace" meaning more engine braking than anything else.

What I am looking for is brakes that, when a car cuts me off, I can confidently feel they are going to haul me down quickly. The stock ones certainly do NOT do that. Looks like stock lines are braided so no upgrade there, axial mounts so I suspect doing anything with the calipers/MCs would cost more than the bike is worth (aka just sell and source a 1200), so rotors and pads my best options?

Most all CARC Guzzis have "wooden" feeling brakes. The best bang for the buck... Radial pumps; https://gtmotocycles.com/search?type=product&q=brembo rcs* -- and you'll need this to use the stock brake lines; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/oem-line-adapter -- and add HH pads to start; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/brembo-hh-sintered-2pin-fnrt-pads

From there, 4-pad calipers; https://gtmotocycles.com/search?type=product&q=4-pad* -- and rotors; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/brembo-superlights-gold

These are all designed to work together, and when done fully, offers one finger impressively good braking, with tons of power as needed. You can read the paragraph above for my experience and why I offer these products on the Store here. ;)

LOL! You want to feel wooden brakes? Ride a Victory. Compared to a Guzzi well there is no comparison.

LOL! You want to feel wooden brakes? Ride a Victory. Compared to a Guzzi well there is no comparison.
Heh, lest you forget, I have quite a few "miles" on Vics... TV promo for them a handful of years back. ;)

TE Vic HB

Last edited:
Ok Ill start with pads/disks and see where that gets me. If its still not close enough I might be springing for the radials, the other bike has the full system and its amazing compared...

Ok Ill start with pads/disks and see where that gets me. If its still not close enough I might be springing for the radials, the other bike has the full system and its amazing compared...
The master cylinders and pads are the weakest links, per above.

I also like the radial Brembo master Todd sells.
And there is a lot in getting a pad / disk combination that feels the way you want it to. The stock disks are not high end Brembo, but they aren't bad. Many would simply be happy with a better pad. It really can be just a matter of finding pads with the feel you like.

So finally doing this, fed up with the feel between my duc and the guzzi.

Im not expecting the short throw of the duc, its a track bike, but the question is just a radial RCS and 1mm more bore (17mm) going to be enough of an improvement?

The majority of my miles are upright and year round. Getting around the city, doing moto touring/camping, and riding up to mountains. But when I get there I use all of the tire. Zero interest in tracking this bus though.

17 going to make me happy or will I always wish I had gotten the 19?

So finally doing this, fed up with the feel between my duc and the guzzi.

Im not expecting the short throw of the duc, its a track bike, but the question is just a radial RCS and 1mm more bore (17mm) going to be enough of an improvement?

The majority of my miles are upright and year round. Getting around the city, doing moto touring/camping, and riding up to mountains. But when I get there I use all of the tire. Zero interest in tracking this bus though.

17 going to make me happy or will I always wish I had gotten the 19?

I suggest you contact Todd direct by using the contact tab in the Store.

Back