• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio windscreen

I just got the newer Cal - sci windscreen for my 012 and the washers don't do the trick , still binds to the front of the nose cone and would ruin the paint in no time . I could probably get some rubber washers to build up the space but not sure it would work Pretty pissed at having to pay for shipping ( won't get it back ) and the damn thing has to be modified to work . The thing should bloody well fit for the money it costs ! Anybody else have this issue and if so would appreciate any tips to make it work .[/quote]

Had the same problem on my stock screen. Dealer heated up the bottom with a heat gun and bent it back enough to not touch. Worked great and you cannot even tell that he did it. If you are worried about doing it yourself take it to a plastics fab shop. Would probably take them all of 30 seconds to fix it.[/quote]

Thanks Canuck1969 , sounds like a fix alright . I'm pretty tempted to fire it back with a nasty note right now but will make some calls to Vancouver next week to see what I can find . You've had some warm weather in Southern Ontario of late . Summer hasn't hit here yet but hoping it changes soon . Take care . Steve

We had 36C with the humidity the last 2 days. Tomorrow is back to seasonal and no rain. Think we skipped spring and went right to summer.

Good luck with the screen and let us know how it went.

Has anyone had any recent experience with the CalSci shields - say within the last 12 months or so on an MY11+ (Gen II) bike? If so, is binding on the front fairing still an issue?

Looking for alternative to stock windshield. Wind seems to flow over the top right into helmet visor for loud roaring.

Any thoughts on aftermarket or alterations options?

It is just the top that is a problem.
I just trimmed 60mm off the top with a fine blade jigsaw and added a Wunderlich spoiler on top. Works well.
Alan NZ

Has anyone had any recent experience with the CalSci shields - say within the last 12 months or so on an MY11+ (Gen II) bike? If so, is binding on the front fairing still an issue?

I purchased a CalSci recently because I was happy with the first generation and with one I put on a Multistrada. I would not recommend one for the current Stelvio. It will rub without spacers and I wasn't happy with performance. I currently have a x-creen lip on the stock screen.

Keith

I purchased a CalSci recently because I was happy with the first generation and with one I put on a Multistrada. I would not recommend one for the current Stelvio. It will rub without spacers and I wasn't happy with performance. I currently have a x-creen lip on the stock screen.

Keith

Looking at the pics below I borrowed from CalSci's website (I'll return them, I promise...), I guess I'm left wondering where exactly the shield would rub..? In these photos, it appears that the shield is in the lowered position. @kmartin Can you point out where those areas might be? Thanks!

StelvioNTXb.jpg

StelvioNTXa.jpg

Last edited:
The top of the dash rubs the inside of the screen. I don't remember for sure if it rubs on the front side of the bodywork. They included 2 big washers to space out the lower mounts, I added 4 more for a total of 3 washers on each side. Dan Ketchpel on advrider made some spacers to move the whole windscreen mount forward by 3/4 inch or so to address this.

advrider.com/index.php?threads/moto-guzzi-stelvio-merged-threadfest.113158/page-266

By the way, Sock, I'm still working my way through the advrider thread to see if there's any NTX specific stuff I missed in the last couple years. I'm only up to about page 400 or so but I've seen you in it a lot. I also recall that you've moved on to a Caponord, you still happy with it? I had an '09 Stelvio that was killed by a deer in 2014. I replaced it with a Multistrada, then recently back to the Stelvio. I rode the Caponord when I bought the Multi, I thought it had the best sounding engine, but it just didn't stir me. The most fun, I thought, was the KTM.

Keith

The top of the dash rubs the inside of the screen. I don't remember for sure if it rubs on the front side of the bodywork. They included 2 big washers to space out the lower mounts, I added 4 more for a total of 3 washers on each side. Dan Ketchpel on advrider made some spacers to move the whole windscreen mount forward by 3/4 inch or so to address this.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/moto-guzzi-stelvio-merged-threadfest.113158/page-266

By the way, Sock, I'm still working my way through the advrider thread to see if there's any NTX specific stuff I missed in the last couple years. I'm only up to about page 400 or so but I've seen you in it a lot. I also recall that you've moved on to a Caponord, you still happy with it? I had an '09 Stelvio that was killed by a deer in 2014. I replaced it with a Multistrada, then recently back to the Stelvio. I rode the Caponord when I bought the Multi, I thought it had the best sounding engine, but it just didn't stir me. The most fun, I thought, was the KTM.

Keith

Thanks for the input and and link, Keith. Much appreciated.

It's a different Sock Monkey on ADVrider - I'm not sure what his alias is here on GuzziTech. (I'm MLCavassa on that forum.)

I emailed Mark @ CalSci about the rubbing issue. Here's his response:

"The windshield brackets on the stelvio are slightly adjustable. You have to get inside your fairing to get at these. From the factory they're set randomly. If your windshield touches the fairing, loosen the brackets, tip them backwards a bit, then tighten them up. Italian engineering at its best. . ."

Has anyone tried this..?

I emailed Mark @ CalSci about the rubbing issue. Here's his response:

"The windshield brackets on the stelvio are slightly adjustable. You have to get inside your fairing to get at these. From the factory they're set randomly. If your windshield touches the fairing, loosen the brackets, tip them backwards a bit, then tighten them up. Italian engineering at its best. . ."

Has anyone tried this..?

I had tried shimming out the stock screen to get more airflow behind it, but any more than 1/4" spacers change the screen mounting angles on the bracket too much. I recently had the tank and fairing off for some wiring work and shimmed the mounting brackets out 1/2" with SS washers and linger bolts, nothing fancy. This appears to help with the negative pressure behind the screen while still keeping the wind blast off my chest for winter. Come Spring, I'll go with a tinted CalSci shorty cut narrower to get the most airflow on me possible (my favorite so far is no screen but that doesn't look great).

Tom

I purchased the NTX large screen from CalSci for my 2013 Stelvio about 5 months ago and it works great for me and using nylon or plastic washers of the same thickness instead of the steel washers that were included with the shield the shield does not rub on the fairing. With the large shield I can see over the top of the Cal Sci shield when it is in the low position and look through it when it is in the high position. My only concern is how much water I will get on the dashboard when it rains thanks to the cutout that eliminates turbulence.

So, I just picked up a used NTX fuel tank to put on my 09 over the winter. With this conversion, I need pretty much everything from the headlights to the seat. Anyone have a stock NTX windscreen they want to get rid of?

I just bought a 2014 Stelvio which came with an extra tall Puig windshield. I don't know the exact model number but I've made a video of my first two-up ride with my wife on the back and the windshield performed very well while in its uppermost position.

On my '09, with the smaller Screen, I found it works much better upside down.
It sat a little too low though for Winter Riding, so I made some Alloy Plates to lift it, which also moves it forwards a little, creating more of a gap to let air flow up the rear side.
Absolutely perfect now, zero turbulence/buffeting at any speed.
ScreenLift1 ScreenLift3 ScreenLift2 ScreenRaise

Might be worth trying similar Plates on the later Screen, it may give you the results you want, without forking out for a larger one.

Back