• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

After market air filters

William Hancock

Just got it firing!
Newbie or (FNG) to old timers & just joined up. I'm thinking this might be just what I'm needing:) Just got a 2001MG California Special EV1100, 9600 one owner miles....Just removed the tank to change air filter & trying to get the fuel filter off....If all the smog stuff is removed & appropriate openings plugged will the
fuel injection system be affected? Also if stock air filter system is replace by pod filters, same question...
One more, I'm going to a remote area for a spell & also wondering about replacing the electric fuel petcock with an old school ON-RESERVE-OFF type.....Thank you for your patience & information.
WTH in Tennessee

Yes, there is a manual petcock for your bike from the usual vendors like this-----

mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30&products_id=39

Also you will find these Guzzi engines tend to run best with the stock air box. The engine does better breathing from a large pocket of still air. Reference Todd's post, The store tab has open lid for the stock air box and different filter, but you will need all the tuning goodies if you go down that route.

Also you will find these Guzzi engines tend to run best with the stock air box. The engine does better breathing from a large pocket of still air. Reference Todd's post, The store tab has open lid for the stock air box and different filter, but you will need all the tuning goodies if you go down that route.

Hey Mr. John, Talked to you 2-3 weeks ago right after I rec's my MG....Rec'd the BG 44K & will use as you suggested.....

Newbie or (FNG) to old timers & just joined up. I'm thinking this might be just what I'm needing:) Just got a 2001MG California Special EV1100, 9600 one owner miles....Just removed the tank to change air filter & trying to get the fuel filter off....If all the smog stuff is removed & appropriate openings plugged will the
fuel injection system be affected? Also if stock air filter system is replace by pod filters, same question...
One more, I'm going to a remote area for a spell & also wondering about replacing the electric fuel petcock with an old school ON-RESERVE-OFF type.....Thank you for your patience & information.
WTH in Tennessee

Welcome ... and best wishes on getting that sweet beast running to its potential.

As for "going to a remote area for a spell," there are more remote areas than Bradford, Tennessee? :giggle:

Seriously, consider running up to Daviess County, Kentucky, this weekend for mutton. ;) Yes, really. I'll be there -- on the V7 III this time -- with some Guzzisti. See last year's run: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/mutton-running-2018.18384/

Best,

Bill

T
Also you will find these Guzzi engines tend to run best with the stock air box. The engine does better breathing from a large pocket of still air. Reference Todd's post, The store tab has open lid for the stock air box and different filter, but you will need all the tuning goodies if you go down that route.[/Q
Welcome ... and best wishes on getting that sweet beast running to its potential.

As for "going to a remote area for a spell," there are more remote areas than Bradford, Tennessee? :giggle:

Seriously, consider running up to Daviess County, Kentucky, this weekend for mutton. ;) Yes, really. I'll be there -- on the V7 III this time -- with some Guzzisti. See last year's run: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/mutton-running-2018.18384/

Best,

Bill
Mutton...How about PIG Meat :) Thanks for the invite but promised to ride one of my old POS in a couple of Memorial Day Peerades...
Have one of those Ural 2wd with sidecar (2003 Model) but it came camoed up from the factory & is copy of the WW2 BMW so....
Gonna put on one of my old uniforms (If they fit) & entertain the kiddos.....WTH in Tennessee

T

Mutton...How about PIG Meat :) Thanks for the invite but promised to ride one of my old POS in a couple of Memorial Day Peerades...
Have one of those Ural 2wd with sidecar (2003 Model) but it came camoed up from the factory & is copy of the WW2 BMW so....
Gonna put on one of my old uniforms (If they fit) & entertain the kiddos.....WTH in Tennessee

Trust your Memorial Day went well.

My 1500-mile r/t and the mutton munching were stupendous.

i-CdJtL6t-M.jpg

i-rkQrtkQ-M.jpg

Bill

Back