• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

breva 1100 seat and tank not matching up

Ian Toy

Tuned and Synch'ed
The seat and tank don't match up. Where the seat goes up to the tank it does not fit correct,there is a gap.
I have read that the plastic tanks can swell, I have tried every thing I can to adjust the seat and have put a thiner washer/spacer on the rubber tank rear mount to lower it abit which ment messing about with the side panels to fit right. It is better but still not right,what is the solution a replacement petrol tank. Spoils the look of the bike.

Can you post a picture? Trying to visualise what your problem is.
But if the tank had swollen then it would come further back, and that would make the seat tighter not give a gap.

Guess how I know.

The tank isn't the issue. The seat doesn't fit properly. Check the mount points for the seat.

The tank isn't the issue. The seat doesn't fit properly. Check the mount points for the seat.
no the seat fits as it should. When I bought the bike the seat was not on the bike as the bike had been stood in a warehouse for years the side panels was not fitted . The fuel tank was about 1/4 full of looked like milky petrol and sludge.
I remove the tank took fuel pump out ect to clean it out and had a big job to get tank back on as the rear mounting bolt would not line up. When I managed to get tank on the side panels did not line up and as you can see the seat does not either.
the bike had only done 12000 miles with the service history to back it up. It now runs great and once cleaned up is like new bike expect the tank and seat.unless the seat at the front has gone out of shape as well.

Was the seat stored standing on it's nose or supported at the front? It looks tipped up at the front causing the misalignment.
if I remember it was stood on it end lent up against the bike. Think had been stood at the back of warehouse for a good few years ,it had that much dust on it i could hardly tell what colour the bike was ,thought it was red till I managed to get it outside and it is a burnt orange.

I also had trouble getting the bolt hole to line up at the back of the tank. Many have told me it's the effect that ethanol has on the tank. It's very likely causing the bad fit for the saddle as well.

Ron

I also had trouble getting the bolt hole to line up at the back of the tank. Many have told me it's the effect that ethanol has on the tank. It's very likely causing the bad fit for the saddle as well.

Ron
yeah I think you are right

Mine suffered from similar swelling.

I curse ethanol several times a day. :swear:

Finally surrendered and bought a used tank.

My plan is to swap 'em out every year or so, with the recently removed one well-rinsed and allowed to dry.

Best wishes,
Bill

Or once the tank shrinks back, install an ethanol resistant liner. and quit swapping. When I have to I use a scissors jack and block of wood to get the tank bolt to line up.

Back