• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Crash Bars

Dumb question: hard to tell from the picture how much they protrude. I'm not keen on altering the look around the "jugs" but a bt of tip over protection is a good thing.

Only one install on our friend Kev M's V7 that I am aware of. I do have them for sale on the online Store tab above.
Do they work as highway pegs? Or are they too close to the heads?
Do they really weigh 9 pounds? That's what the description says.

Had a question regarding the installation of the Agostini bars - the adapter plate, does that go outside the frame between the regulator and the frame? Or inside the frame between frame and brake system?

Many thanks

Just finished the install of the Agostini on v7ii Stone. Not very mechanically able so it was frustrating at times, but very happy to have a bit of added safety should I have to lay 'er down. Highly recommend to all riders, particularly newbies:

If anyone else is struggling with installing this piece, please PM me or post here and I can tell you my secrets and hopefully help you avoid all the sweat, tears, and trips to the hardware store

I’ve ordered a set of these from Todd so would certainly appreciate your advice/tips on installation!
Awesome! They are definitely a worthwhile addition. Sadly, I had to test them out. But I'm sure glad I had them because they saved my bike from serious damage.

I had exchanged some direct messages with another individual who was installing. I'll copy in the relevant pieces below, but feel free to reach out to me direct if you need further assistance:

Message 1:

I put some tips on reddit that should be of use: \reddit.com/r/MotoGuzzi/comments/6x8j9e/agostini_crash_bar_installation_v7_ii_stone/

Scroll down to the end and you'll see my post after I succeeded.

The main things are: 1) make sure you have the right tools (torque wrench, proper size sockets, bent nose pliers (these were so key for me), wrenchs, etc.) before you go, and 2) make sure you have time & patience

Installation of the adapter plate was relatively easy. Pretty much just remove some bolts, put the plate in, and torque new bolts down to spec. The harder part was the 4 bolts on the actual bar, for the top bolts that go into the plate, it really helped to have bent nose pliers to grip the nut (it is a very tight fit above the adapter plate & below the wiring). For the bottom 2 bolts, make sure you've got an extender for the torque socket as they go pretty deep into the housing (and ideally get someone with a wrench to grip the nuts behind the frame, as you need to torque those down to a pretty high spec and it is almost impossible to do solo).

Message 2:

For wrench, I used this guy: amazon.com/gp/product/B00FMPKAD0/

Figured it should be fine for pretty much anything on the bike, as it goes up to 80 ft-lbs and was definitely fine for doing the bar (I think max for the bars is like 37 ftlbs on the frame bolts). It's not fancy, but it was easy to use and did the job fine. I have heard that getting a .5" drive is better for bigger applications, but I'll cross that fork if & when this thing fails me

I was totally confused by the frame bolt covers! But yeah they come off easily. One I was able to pop off by hand, the other I think maybe I used something to pry it but they come pretty easily (plus once the bars on you can't put em back on, so doesn't really matter if they damage when prying them off)

I'll try to remember to snap a photo tonight or tomorrow for you. In case I forget, the key things to know are:
1. The plate goes between the regulator and the frame. I asked around because I couldn't figure out if it should be inside or outside the frame, but outside is the answer I got from AF1, and it seems to work / fit properly there
2. The adapter plate has a notch for where the wiring goes past it. It'll be pretty obvious as you'll see where the wires come out of your regulator, but the notch will be on the left hand / clutch lever side of the bike
3. The bolts that go through the regulator & adapter plate into the frame are pretty straight forward. In terms of the upper bolts holding the bar on, the order should be (from outside in): bolt, crash bar, spacer, adapter plate, frame, nut. The one thing I'm a bit nervous about is I didn't receive any washers with my kit. It seemed like I probably should have used some between the bolt head & crash bar, but I didn't under the assumption that "what came in the box is all you need". For peace of mind, you may want to get washers there, and possibly for the lower frame bolts (if you can find some that fit). That being said, 1.5k miles after install I haven't seen any issues with bolts loosening etc

Make sure you use some blue locktite on the crash bar bolts though. These MG's love to vibrate and some good 'ol locktite may save you from something just vibing out

Message 3 (photos of bar):

https://imgur.com/a/HrAyX

Cheers,
GR

Wow - this is incredibly helpful! Thanks very much for taking the time to share. Looks like the bars did their job well, based on that last Photo set. I’ve bookmarked your post here and the reddit post. Looking forward to putting them to use when the bars arrive.

Has anyone recently been able to purchase the Stucchi/LGC bars? If so, does anyone carry them in stock?

That link is for reference. Trying to build mine into a similar fashion. Dig the auxiliary lights on the crash bars.

Has anyone recently been able to purchase the Stucchi/LGC bars? If so, does anyone carry them in stock?
No, you can go direct from Italy... However, I have several offerings here on the Store tab above. I use product sales to support the site here (again, please see the paragraph at the top of the page).

I am looking into crash bar or frame sliders for my 2016 V7 II Racer. I was very glad to find this thread. My interest is minimizing damage in low speed (<20mph) drops. Would the sliders be sufficient or am I risking damage to the cylinder head if the bike rotates on them, compared to a crash bar? Thanks

Back