• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi discontinuing the big blocks?

Whether you like it or not Mad Max is coming.

Some day for sure Steve.

My first street bike was in fact a Mad Max (movie) era machine..... 1977 KZ 1000. Photo was taken in 91 or 92. The factory Honda Hurricane and FJ 1100s were the bikes to beat back then if memory serves....She handled all of em until fourth or fifth gear in straight aways and none of them on the twistys....lol She was a bad bitch 1st thru 4th, as many of the in line fours were back then. The KZ 900s and 1000s ruled the street racing day those years up to and past a decade after late 70's production.

A little off subject line but fun. Memories on that motorcycle that became a superstar. Thanks to the fictitious waste land and the machines that drank up the last of the pressous petrol....Kajunk kajunk kajunk.....

20190526 225244

Last edited:
Such a shame, since the platform works really well as a motorcycle, if not a marketing proposition. Maybe they'll sell enough of the new 85 that it will fund Euro 5 development and they'll keep a big block model or two in the lineup for a while. The big problem is that they don't have enough dealers. I've literally had people stop me on the street to talk about the Eldorado -- and that's been in neighborhoods where people have lots of money to buy things.

First of all I am brand new to the forum. I am not yet a Guzzi owner, I almost was in 1970 when I had to decide between an Eldorado and a BMW R75/5. I went with the BMW. I rode Airheads for years and then quit riding for a bit in the later 2000's. The I jumped to the darkside and bought a Sportster and then went with an older Big Twin A little over two years ago I bought a Slim S, kind of a bobber. As of late I have become disenchanted with it. When I was looking to buy it I also test rode a Triumph Thunderbird, it was a nice bike but it just didn't excite me. The Guzzi dealer had an Audace which did excite me, unfortunately the salesman said it wasn't prepped so I couldn't ride it. Also it was way back in the showroom and they would have to move a bunch of bikes to get it out, probably the real reason for the lack of a test ride.

Well the reason for my post is that my interest has returned to the Audace. It seems that this model is far and few between. I checked with a dealer a few days ago who didn't have one but I wanted to see if he had access to one. He said no and that they were no longer being produced. The newest ones I have found are 2016 models which are being heavily discounted. Kind of another indication that the big blocks are going away?

Another dealer quite aways from me has one in stock. I called them before made the trip to see and test ride it. As they were getting it ready to ride it developed some kind of problem and locked up so I was unable to ride it. They said they would look into it and call me when the issue was discovered and or repaired. So apparently with this model and big blocks possibly going out of production should I snag this bike when the problem is remedied?

I realize I have strayed from the subject somewhat but I hope you all don't mind.
kk

You should certainly ride it if you have the chance. It's a truly unique experience.

I am looking forward to riding one. The one I was going to ride suffered a mechanical problem. Something in the engine or drivetrain locked up. I am going to call tomorrow and see where they are on it. I am a little bit leary of buying a new bike that has suffered a major problem but depending on what it is I will probably go forward. Meanwhile there are only two others in Calif. Both of them are in Southern Calif which is quite aways from where I live. I have a pretty good deal worked out on the one here in NorCal so hopefully the problem is not too serious.
kk

Keep an eye on Ebay there have been a few Audaces at decent prices.
One was around the $6500.00 area with low miles.

First of all I am brand new to the forum. I am not yet a Guzzi owner, I almost was in 1970 when I had to decide between an Eldorado and a BMW R75/5. I went with the BMW. I rode Airheads for years and then quit riding for a bit in the later 2000's. The I jumped to the darkside and bought a Sportster and then went with an older Big Twin A little over two years ago I bought a Slim S, kind of a bobber. As of late I have become disenchanted with it. When I was looking to buy it I also test rode a Triumph Thunderbird, it was a nice bike but it just didn't excite me. The Guzzi dealer had an Audace which did excite me, unfortunately the salesman said it wasn't prepped so I couldn't ride it. Also it was way back in the showroom and they would have to move a bunch of bikes to get it out, probably the real reason for the lack of a test ride.

Well the reason for my post is that my interest has returned to the Audace. It seems that this model is far and few between. I checked with a dealer a few days ago who didn't have one but I wanted to see if he had access to one. He said no and that they were no longer being produced. The newest ones I have found are 2016 models which are being heavily discounted. Kind of another indication that the big blocks are going away?

Another dealer quite aways from me has one in stock. I called them before made the trip to see and test ride it. As they were getting it ready to ride it developed some kind of problem and locked up so I was unable to ride it. They said they would look into it and call me when the issue was discovered and or repaired. So apparently with this model and big blocks possibly going out of production should I snag this bike when the problem is remedied?

I realize I have strayed from the subject somewhat but I hope you all don't mind.
kk
They still build the Audace, the carbon version though.
Had the audace, mgx21 and now the audace carbon. Buy it!;-)

The two dealers I have talked to seem to think the Audace has been discontinued. One even wondered why it was still on the MG website. I am confused. The newest Audace of any variety I have been able to find is a 2016. The closest new one I can find is 570 miles away. A long way to go for a test ride and an unknown possible deal. I would like to include my current bike in the deal. I had negotiated a deal on the one I was interested in but it is going to be a couple of months before it is repaired.
kk

Real bummer that the 1400 is coming to an end. My 2014 California Custom has been one of the most enjoyable bikes that I have ever owned. It's a shame that government regulations seem to be putting an end to it.
On a side note, I think that government regulations are to put an end to a lot of enjoyable stuff in the coming years.

Back