• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Chrome alternator cover

dabrucru

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello

I m thinking of buying an alternator chrome cover, but i can t find a pic with one installed. Does someone here has one installed just to get an idea of how will it look. My bike is a racer with chrome tank..so i don t kbow if it will be too much

Thanks

BAAK sells black and polished aluminum covers that I think look awesome (see attached pics). I bought the black one. A lot more rigid and sleek looking than the bulky plastic stock ones Screenshot 20190611 134826 Screenshot 20190611 134832 IMG 20190531 072238

If memory serves me, the Alternator is at the front of the engine, not the side.
Like This

Alternator.jpg

Yes that s the part. I m really tempted
Me too, I think it would look good on my Anniversario, but might be too flashy.

Hmm, I think I will try covering my existing black cover with tin foil and see what it looks like. Will post pics once done in the next day or 3.

Hmm, I think I will try covering my existing black cover with tin foil and see what it looks like. Will post pics once done in the next day or 3.
Thanks that would be great

An FYI, on some 2015 (to current model year), Guzzi went to a oil-bathed alternator set up, so the "cover" on these engines aren't a simple replacement like the older dust cover pictured above. The newer versions can be polished and coated, or chromed only. We've done one for a customer. I'll try to dig up the photos and post.

An FYI, on some 2015 (to current model year), Guzzi went to a oil-bathed alternator set up, so the "cover" on these engines aren't a simple replacement like the older dust cover pictured above.
From what I can see this does not apply to the V7 III, the shop manual does not mention the alternator being oil bathed, does not mention the oil or anything in the break down of the removal or install process in regards to oil being involved.

Last edited:
I work on these every day as the owner of a Guzzi specialty shop, you doubt me? ;)
Below is the alt cover from a 2017 Anniversario, that we polished it and a bunch of things for the customer. The alternator cover is oil bathed.

ED034120 28DB 480C 8AEB 17F51BF42041
5E9BD53D 0B04 466A A805 7D5F0003D1B9

I work on these every day as the owner of a Guzzi specialty shop, you doubt me? ;)
I do not doubt you, I just wonder why the shop manual does not make note of this, so people like me who read it do not go and open it up and make one heck of a mess. It seems very irresponsible to Guzzi not to make note of this.

How do you polish plastic???

I do not doubt you, I just wonder why the shop manual does not make note of this, so people like me who read it do not go and open it up and make one heck of a mess. It seems very irresponsible to Guzzi not to make note of this. How do you polish plastic???
Age old gripe, and very valid point, but that's how they've been, well, forever.
You can't polish plastic. Both the one linked above, and the one I just posted are metal.

Wow those polished covers are awesome! Any pics of annodized (red) small block valve covers?

Back