• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

LED Bulbs

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
I now have the new 5600 version in stock on the online Store HERE or click the pic below.

I'd like to hear for others that have installed the high output H4. How significant is the improvement when riding at night? How tight is the fit when installing the ballast in the headlight? Any discoloration of the reflector from the excessive heat?

Paul

I ran with the Cyclops 4000 lumen model for a while.

- The ballast fits with no problems in the V7III headlight bucket.
- The lamp runs cooler than the stock headlamp, and consumes about a third the power.

The low (dipped) beam is significantly brighter than the stock headlight. The high (main) beam is brighter too, but the real fault with the V7III headlight is that the main beam pattern isn't ideal no matter what bulb you put in it.

For most, I'd say the Cyclops LED H4 replacement is a good improvement.

For the peculiarities of my night vision, the main beam didn't help me enough. I found that the OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus H4 did a better job on high beam for me, although it's not quite as bright on low beam as the Cyclops. Trade-offs...

That's why I want to get the JW Speaker LED Adaptive headlight, eventually. (Likely when I get the Stucchi fairing.)

I'd like to hear for others that have installed the high output H4. How significant is the improvement when riding at night? How tight is the fit when installing the ballast in the headlight? Any discoloration of the reflector from the excessive heat?

I've been running Todd's 3800 lumen LED headlamp for the last 4000 miles. No discoloration or signs of excess heat. No vibration issues.
As with many stock components, the stock headlamp seemed like some sort of strange joke - barely adequate in many situations.
I have found the LED replacement bulb, on the other hand, to be entirely satisfactory in every circumstance.

Are better beam patterns available with an entirely new housing? Undoubtedly, but I have never felt like more is needed, whereas the stock configuration was pathetically unsuitable for most non-urban night time riding.

It depends on how icky-picky you are, but if you want to go from inadequate to functional this is a great purchase without a huge price tag.

For the peculiarities of my night vision, the main beam didn't help me enough. I found that the OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus H4 did a better job on high beam for me, although it's not quite as bright on low beam as the Cyclops. Trade-offs...

Thank you sir for your candid response. My goal is to save electrons at the headlight to help with running the Nav. heated grips, and one heated jacket liner...… and not give up headlight capability or spending big $$$. I've got other bike that have great OEM LED lighting and can run all the electronic accessories the pillion and I will ever need.

On the V7 III I'll likely stick with the PIAA H4 Extreme White Plus I'm currently using. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Paul

I have to agree with Todd on this. I wanted a better high beam, which is why the LED H4 didn't work out so well for me, but the low beam was significantly improved and it certainly uses a lot less of the alternator output.

I went out for my first night ride with the H4 Cyclops 3800 last night and what a difference. Much better visibility, much farther view down the road and better side view as well. Once I have the headlight properly adjusted (to high right now) it should be about perfect.

this all sounds great!

Todd - can I get some for my Breva 1100? I guess I need an H7 and an H9? I asked a while back, and was cautioned against LED bulbs in that housing. True?

I've been running Todd's 3800 lumen LED headlamp for the last 4000 miles. No discoloration or signs of excess heat. No vibration issues.
As with many stock components, the stock headlamp seemed like some sort of strange joke - barely adequate in many situations.
I have found the LED replacement bulb, on the other hand, to be entirely satisfactory in every circumstance.

Are better beam patterns available with an entirely new housing? Undoubtedly, but I have never felt like more is needed, whereas the stock configuration was pathetically unsuitable for most non-urban night time riding.

It depends on how icky-picky you are, but if you want to go from inadequate to functional this is a great purchase without a huge price tag.

Hello - Is Todd's Headlamp bulb need any resistors or is it a Plug & Play for my 2018 V7 III?
C.A.S. H4 LED BULB

Hello - Is Todd's Headlamp bulb need any resistors or is it a Plug & Play for my 2018 V7 III?
C.A.S. H4 LED BULB

It was plug and play on my V7R

Hey! Did you see the V7/V9 ride post? You should come out and ride! The last V7/V9 rides we've had were a blast! Time for another one!!

Unless you get ones that do not need resistors.
In which case you have bulbs with resistors (or some equivalent circuitry) incorporated. The CAN-BUS bulbs aren't quite as good as the plain LEDs. The resistors are easy to come by and quite easy to install. I don't see them in Todd's store, so I s'pose I'm ok to say that these gize sell them - procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

Back