• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Spine Registry & Pic Thread

The yellow passenger seat was re-leathered in yellow leather. I bought a rear fiberglass section which I am going to modify by removing the passenger seat and having a body shop fill in the open area with fiberglass. I will then paint this section to match one of my red bikes. This modified rear panel will then give me the look of a true one-seater.

This is the rear section that will be modified by filling in the rear seat with fiberglass. I will then paint it in the matching BMW red and install the new rear section onto the bike below.
View attachment 13847 View attachment 13848
Can you make that into a trunk lid do that you can have access to the toolkit etc.

I finally, thanks to eBay, added the last missing "Nero" color to my now seven bike 1100 Sport collection. This 1997 Sporti has only 1388 miles on the clock, so I'm not sure yet on what I am going to do with this bike. This could possible be the lowest milage 1100 Sport in existence, or at least close to one of the lowest milage ones! This bike is like a new 21 year old bike, absolutely beautiful. I sold my 85 LeMans last week, because I wanted to buy a 93 Daytona versus this 97 Sporti, but I decided at the end to stick with the bikes I'm getting to know pretty good, versus adding something completely new, which I don't know anything about. Fullsizeoutput 2044c S l1600 S l1600

I installed new powder coated black wheels, valve covers, and crash bars last night on one of my yellow 97's, and I like it! The wheels and valve covers were powder coated in gloss black, installed new wheel bearings, valve stems, new Dunlop tires, new Brembo Rotors, and brake pads. The new painted front fender was suppose to also be ready for pickup this morning, but it wasn't........ It's going to be another week or so before I get this last part installed in order to get this bike completed for this years riding season. I didn't know if I would like the black valve covers and wheels on this yellow bike, but I think that they pull everything together nicely with the frame, wheels, and rear swingarm being in the same gloss black color coating. I usually don't like yellow on a motorcycle, but I think that the 1100 Sport is one sexy looking bike in yellow!

IMG 8422 Fullsizeoutput 204ab Fullsizeoutput 20495 Fullsizeoutput 20497

1995 Sport 1100 Carb, #35 of the first 50 to the US I think??? The longest trip we did was Philly to NOLA. I got her in the late 90s from The Spare Parts Co.
Congrats and welcome. Please add your full VIN# for the first post of this thread. Post often.

I guess that this will be the last group picture that I will post, since the pictures below show you all of the five base colors which were available to purchase from the factory. The black 1100 Sport in the lineup, and shown in the last two pictures, is the 1997 Nero color, which is a black metallic that changes into Bronze depending upon the angle of view and the light hitting the paint. 1994-1996 1100's had a true black painted bike, but I consider my 97 Nero color to cover the true black 1100's, so I won't worry about buying me one of those, unless of course I find me one that I just can't see myself living on without adding her to the stable too! :)

Fullsizeoutput 20571 Fullsizeoutput 2054d Fullsizeoutput 20547 Fullsizeoutput 204c3 Fullsizeoutput 204a2

Updated VIN #'s for my 1100 Sport Collection

VIN# ZGUKEAKEXTM100142 – Blue Australian 1996 1100 SPORT Carbs, Shipped to US by mistake

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 12/16

VIN# ZGUKEAKE1TM100255 – SILVER 1996 1100 SPORT Carbs

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 07/17

VIN# ZGUKFAKF3VM111699 – Nero/Black Metallic 1997 1100 Sport EFI

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 03/18

VIN# ZGUKFAKF2VM111709 – YELLOW 1997 1100 SPORT EFI (Now painted in BMW Red)

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 11/16

VIN# ZGUKFAKF8VM111987 – YELLOW 1997 1100 SPORT EFI

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 06/17

VIN# ZGUKFAKFXVM112073 – YELLOW 1997 1100 SPORT EFI

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 01/17

VIN # ZGUKFAKF4VM112439 – Red MG 1997 1100 SPORT EFI, Imported to US from Germany

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 07/16

IMG_20170909_191538280.jpg

Just added a 1995 1100 Sport last week to the stable. I love the looks of the golden wheels on this silver bike.

vin # ZGUKEAKE5SM100029

Fullsizeoutput 21584

Fullsizeoutput 21582

Fullsizeoutput 2157b

Fullsizeoutput 21546

Fullsizeoutput 21547

I found the original purchasing invoice within a stack of paperwork which came with this bike. I love getting a bikes history with the purchase.
Fullsizeoutput 2164f

I just bought this 1996 1100 Spot this weekend. She is in need of a full service, needs the final drive seals replaced, new wheel bearings and tires. The wheels are pretty scratched up, so I'm going to have them painted in gold. I also bought a matching paint color and golden emblem trapezoid headlight fairing and light fixture, which I'm also going to install on this bike. This bike will probably end up being this years winter project........

VIN# ZGUKEAKE0TM100196 – Red 1996 1100 SPOT

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 06/21/19

I took this picture at the "Bass Pro Shops" shop in Memphis TN earlier today. What an incredible place. A must see when in Memphis!!!
Fullsizeoutput 219f1

This is my first 1100 Sport with a Keihin 41mm FCR carb and a Staintune full exhaust. This bike sounds great!
UtNyVk8MQ5iHRrU5JUqRUw

Strapped securely down for our return trip through the TN & NC mountains.
Fullsizeoutput 219a2

Trapezoid parts came from donor bike in the Netherlands.
IMG 3653

OMG Andy! The next time somebody says I suffer from Motorcycle Acquisition Syndrome, I'm going to tell them to come look at this picture!

You now have 7 Sports? OMG!

Hey, if they are what you love, and the money is available, then WTH. Good on you!

OMG Andy! The next time somebody says I suffer from Motorcycle Acquisition Syndrome, I'm going to tell them to come look at this picture!

You now have 7 Sports? OMG!

Hey, if they are what you love, and the money is available, then WTH. Good on you!

I actually have nine 1100 Sports by now.......... There are two more which didn't make it into this picture. A second yellow 1997 which is still under restoration, and a red 1996, which was at the shop due to a leaking final drive.

But I do have too many now. I bought the last three bikes only because of the upgrades and spare parts that those bikes came with. Some of my other bikes I bought were so cheap, that there was no way that I could not have bought them.

But, I am about getting ready to thin the herd from 11 bikes down to about 5 or 6 bikes. Most of my bikes only sit in the barn looking pretty........ All are fully serviced, but I only ride three of my eleven bikes, and I probably don't ride all of them combined for more than about 2K miles per year.

Someone told me about this 1997 1100 Sport for sale in Canada. I had seen many pictures and read several stories about this bike in the past, so I contacted the seller, and it took about two days to do a little research on this bike, and the rest is history. The current owner and I agreed upon a selling / purchasing price for the bike that we both feel good about, so I'm now needing to get all of my ducks in line, since I'm heading up to Canada in a couple of weeks to take this to her new stable back in the US.

VIN# ZGUKFAKFXVM111697 – Yellow 1997 1100 SPORT

Owner: Andreas Boehme – Willow Spring, NC, USA – D.O.P. 07/27/19

Guzzi left side Guzzi engine
Guzzi tank
Guzzi carbon 600x398
Guzzi brake Fullsizeoutput 21c82

You are insane!

Insane, maybe just a little..... I'm actually getting ready to sell six of my now 12 bikes. Five of the six I'm selling are 1100 Sports, which will leave me with "only" five Sports left in my collection. I'm selling a silver and maybe a blue 1996, and two yellow and a red 1997.

Believe it or not, but I had a vision behind buying so many Sports. I only bought four of the ten Sports I now own because of what they came with. For instance, I wanted for the five bikes that I'm keeping: two full Stainless Steel Staintune exhausts, a Carbon Staintune full exhaust, a full Termignoni exhaust, and a full Mistral Exhaust. I wanted one 1996 Spot with a factory carb, and the second Spot with a set of Keihin 41mm carbs. I bought one bike so I could have all components needed to match a red trapezoid headlight fairing / light so that I can have one "Euro" 1100 Sport. Almost every 1100 Sport I bought came with so many spare parts, that I don't know anymore of where to put them..... I have extra gas tanks, front and rear fairings in different colors, forks, a complete engine with transmission, a brand new still in the box original set of Staintune headers and crossover, seats, several new rear wheel / final drive spline sets, rear drives, air boxes, three extra set of wheels, an extra frame with a title, three complete stock exhaust systems, two extra complete Mistral exhaust systems, Instrument clusters, and, and, and, and......

The yellow Canadian bike that I just bought caught me of guard! That bike comes with an incredible story / history. This yellow 1997 is my Holy Grail or my greatest 1100 Sport find / buy. That bike is absolutely incredible! It'll be six weeks before I have time to drive up to Canada to pick her up, but I will do a nice trip report and writeup of this bike after I get her home to her new stable.

I will now sell five of the bikes I don't ride, and I should get, even if not all, most of my original purchase money back. When I'm done, I will have a one of a kind collection of five (one has as little as 1388 original milage and others between 6k-11k miles) incredible 1100 Sporti's and Spot's and my own private parts department which includes parts that haven't been manufactured since the late 90's.

So am I a little insane? By now I have to be! However, the end result will make it all worth while, and the memories of the hunt, the people I met, and picking up the bikes to take them to their new stable is, and will be forever priceless! :)

Last edited:
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Be still my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. What a catch! Truly.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

You have one of the Holy Grail. A Superb Example.

As a San Diego native, riding Mt. Palomar like a banshee on my Centauro was about the whole experience, not speed. The Centauro got genuine respect, but the rare occasion when a Daytona RS came carving up the mountain to the parking lot, roaring unlike any other motorcycle on the mountain, everybody, including all the seriously professional riders of the mountain, came over and greeted the rider and praised the bike. He was a celebrity and rightly so. I loved those days.

1910381 1108545707692 8054615 n ~ 25+ years ago...

Last edited:
Back