• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Is there an Exhaust hanger/ bracket Thingy out there?

geebee

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Received my 2017 Griso Thursday night. As the guy rolled it out of the Ford transit van, couldn't get a good look at it- not because it was dark, but for all the piddling safety stickers. Will be sneaking the wife's blow dryer outside shortly.

The Bill Meyer seat that I wisely saved from my long gone 2007 Griso popped on perfect Woo Hoo ! Todd's Tail tidy along, with a set of used rear Rizomas will be applied today along with some Sling Shot lowered pegs. Due to some poor unfortunates wreaked 2009 (currently being parted out on E-Bay) I also have a slightly scuffed Agostini rear tire hugger.

Damned if the stock muffler is not the biggest blimp like hunk of shiny metal I have seen in my life. Sounds surprisingly good as I was expecting a Vespa putter but If only it was 1/2 half the size?!

On my 2007 I had taken off its right side passenger peg assembly which I'll copy with the 2017. Looking at the Exhaust side I have to wonder why there isn't an aftermarket exhaust hanger that will let us dump the passenger peg bracket.

I see there was one available from Germany back in the day -I attached a picture. Plus I saw one a guy made out of flat sheet metal.

Unfortunately I don't know how to weld or have a CNC in the basement. If I cobble one together from Home Depot's inventory of fence parts it would look just like that- COBBLED.

Any of you Gentleman or Ladies find an elegant / stylish solution befitting a Griso? I'll be keeping the stock exhaust for a while...

Cheers.

Attachments

• DSCN2913.jpg
    DSCN2913.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 5
Received my 2017 Griso Thursday night.
Well congrats! Hope you’ll add the info and pic to the Registry.

On the exhaust hanger bracket, I just jigged one to offer up to anyone that wants one, similar to what you posted. They will be built to order. I’ll post a picture tonight.

You can have a look at my exhaust offerings (mild to wild) via the STORE link above.

Well, a man who knows how to weld and probably has a CNC in his basement!:nod:

Thank you Todd.
I've just placed my order.

Hope others take note of your abilities. Think of all the cool stuff we could wish for!

When you get ready to do away with the stock exhaust this is Todd's under carriage set up.
Very nice sound & really lets the bikes awesome style show.

20190629 081751 20190629 081813

Well, a man who knows how to weld and probably has a CNC in his basement!:nod:
Thank you Todd. I've just placed my order. Hope others take note of your abilities. Think of all the cool stuff we could wish for!
Thanks, but to hopefully make really clear as I keep seeing my name called out in regards to the product offerings on the STORE link above, I have a Team of guys and a full Fab & Service Center in Orange, CA.

Here's the the new bracket it fit perfectly. Of course as usual, wonderful welding and powder coating. The bike has now lost both passenger pegs giving a cleaner look.

Of course with the Mr. Blimpy stock exhaust it dosn't have the full impact of accompanying an aftermarket exhaust but one thing at a time.
Thanks Todd - your Minions do good work.

Stock bracket

GT Bracket

Back