• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Complete LED conversion on V7III

PokeyGuzzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
I’m currently waiting on a few parts that will put me at a partial conversion. I’ve ordered the TTK from Todd, which has an LED tail light, along with Rizoma IRIDE rear indicators/running lights. I’ve also ordered Rizoma Sguardo bar end indicators. None of this is installed yet.

My original plan was to remove front indicators and just use the bar end indicators. Now, I’m thinking about replacing the existing front indicators with another pair of IRIDE running lights/indicators for some more visual presence (safety) on the road.

Eventually I think I’ll get an LED bulb for the headlight to round the whole thing out.

So, down to the questions. Over the past few weeks I think I’ve seen mixed opinions on if the stock system will just work with all LED indicators, or if the included resistors will actually be needed. I don’t mind either way, just looking to omit unnecessary parts. If resistors are necessary to get the blinking to work correctly, I’d guess I only need to use one set of resistors that will handle both the bar end AND front indicators. How does that sound?

What’s the current consensus for which headlight LED bulb to go with? Reading through the forum, it sounded like there was a bit of a trade off between the options provided, but I may have not found some of the more recent discussion, and if there’s a new “best option”. Thanks!

Edit: I found the thread at the below URL which is making me question if resistors are needed or not. The last post says they are not, but wondering if the author may just be speaking from experience with a product that had built in resistors, or maybe mixing LED w/ incandescent.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/rizoma-iride-front-turn-signals-on-a-v9.18577/#post-145996

Edit 2: found another thread (https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gtm-v2-0-fender-elim-kit.17852/page-3#post-152204) with someone talking about a full Rizoma IRIDE indicator conversion, and not requiring the resistors. So, I think I’ll just go with that plan. Does anyone know how the IRIDE indicators/running fronts can be wired so the running light works? Stock indicators don’t usually have running capability. Do you just need to add a third line that has +v spliced from somewhere? I couldn’t find a wiring diagram for that model anywhere.

Last edited:
For anyone looking at this in the future, I changed over everything to LED this weekend, and did not use any resistors. I installed the Rizoma IRIDE front and rear indicators w/ running lights, switched the headlight to a Cyclops H4 10.0 bulb, and even swapped the pilot light for an LED.

The trickiest part was cleanly splicing switched 12v power to the front running lights on the IRIDEs, but it wasn't rocket science. Everything works great and blinks at the right rate.

For anyone looking at this in the future, I changed over everything to LED this weekend, and did not use any resistors. I installed the Rizoma IRIDE front and rear indicators w/ running lights, switched the headlight to a Cyclops H4 10.0 bulb, and even swapped the pilot light for an LED.

The trickiest part was cleanly splicing switched 12v power to the front running lights on the IRIDEs, but it wasn't rocket science. Everything works great and blinks at the right rate.

How about some evening/night picks of your setup? Not always easy to visualize.

Thanks for posting!

How did you wire the rear irides? Are they running & brake?

And what size LED bulb did you use for the 'parking' light?

Lastly, how do you think the LED works in the standard housing? Sometimes the standard reflector on the back of the headlight and LEDs aren't the best combination despite the brighter light, and sometimes they're fine.

I think your install looks great and I think going with the matching front I-rides in lieu of the bar end lights was a good call. IMO.

Thanks for posting!

How did you wire the rear irides? Are they running & brake?

They are running/break/turn. I just spliced the running and break into the +12v and break wire down toward the connector for the rear harness under the seat.

And what size LED bulb did you use for the 'parking' light?

I ordered a few options and ended up using the one at the link below. It’s color best matched the Cyclops main bulb.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...b-5-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/199/873/

Lastly, how do you think the LED works in the standard housing? Sometimes the standard reflector on the back of the headlight and LEDs aren't the best combination despite the brighter light, and sometimes they're fine.

As far as I can tell, this one is made to be a direct swap for an incandescent. Seems like it has the same cutoff as the OEM bulb. I mainly got it because I wanted something with a color more closely matching the IRIDE running lights. I don’t often ride at night, but the few times I have recently it seems good.

I think your install looks great and I think going with the matching front I-rides in lieu of the bar end lights was a good call. IMO.

Thanks! I’m pretty happy with how things are turning out so far. I have a few more cosmetic things I’d like to change. Then new suspension when I get the funds.

Do me a favor here, please just link to my Store on this; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/led-headlight-bulbs-usa -- I chase all of my time for product development and testing to be able to sell the GT endorsed products here, and if you just name them, people will for sure Google away. Thanks for the understanding. ;)

No problem Todd. I didn’t link to the headlight bulb, just the pilot bulb I ended up getting, which I don’t believe you have an option for in the shop. Either way, message heard.

No problem Todd. I didn’t link to the headlight bulb, just the pilot bulb I ended up getting, which I don’t believe you have an option for in the shop. Either way, message heard.
Appreciated.

Hi Pokey, nice job on your V7.
I want to replace all lights in my Rough, but not sure if I need resistors or something like that; the lights that I already bought are not plug and play, so I'm thinking that I will need to install resistors or a CAN Bus resistor box... I'm totally lost. Any advice will be appreciated. ráfagas

Back