• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone compared the GTM GRISO 11/8V MEG-MUFFLER to a Mistral

archercc

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I currently have a Mistral exhaust but the front part is separating from the main carbon canister.

I looked at the underbody models but nothing really fits the mold of the style of the bike in my opinion so i was thinking of just a silver bullet.

I like that little extra volume of the mistral over stock and was wondering if anyone had any real-world experience whit those exhausts off of the store from here.

Outside of poor quality issues on most of the name brand versions (which is why I started making my own), all of my offerings have a lifetime guarantee, and you've read the reviews and heard the sound clip from the purchase page(?); https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-griso-meg-muffler -- also, you should try a search here in this section. Tons of info.

Ive seen plenty of pictures and saw the little video but was wondering if anyone had possibly heard a comparison. Your page mentions its slightly louder than stock but wasnt sure how compared to the other aftermarket, specifically the Mistral.

I had looked at doing an underbody but I dont think any of them really fit with the big chrome pipes they would be attached to.

I see you are in Atlanta, I'm in Gainesville Florida.
If you want we can meet somewhere halfway on a Sunday or a Monday.
See/Ride the Grizz & decide.
I haven't ridden in GA for awhile.

The under body on my Griso is from Todd & the pipes are stock so I'm sure it will fit yours.
Why not email Todd & ask?

As far as the sound goes I can try posting a vid with sound BUT bear in mind that the audio is recorded from inside a full face helmet & does not do justice.

Recently I let my brother ride the Griso while I rode the Victory.
I asked my bro to pass me at least once on the ride because I wanted to hear the bike from another riders POV.
He passed then took lead for awhile.

My comment is this:
If I hadn't known the bike I would have dogged him until he stopped just to find out what he was riding.
Even knowing it was my bike & having ridden it for many thousands of miles I was still going OMG!

My bro is a conservative rider so I still wonder what the beast sounds like with me on it cuttin curves at 6k rpm.

Back