• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Now for suspension

Yeah ... I had Todd get me the next-up rate for Racer's Ohlins rear suspension units. When they were being fitted (along with the fork kit), the mechanic and I set up the bike to the sag specs.

Then I sat on the seat and bounced it up and down a few times. We stiffened up the rear a little bit and loosened up the front a little bit based on my "seat of the pants shock dyno." ... :D

The only modifications I've had to make to the suspension settings since have been to tighten up the jounce damping in the rear by two clicks and tighten up the rebound damping in the front by two clicks after I'd ridden the bike another four hundred miles ... I might have the ends swapped around, but you get the idea. It's just about as perfect as I'll ever need.

G

It sounds like the way to go. I’ve learned over the years that cutting corners just gets more expensive, because you end up doing it later anyway. I’m a bit late to swap my Ikon purchase, but I’m hoping I can get them to work. At least they are cool enough to exchange the springs for free. Love that surprising customer service option. But those Ohlins...

It sounds like the way to go. I’ve learned over the years that cutting corners just gets more expensive, because you end up doing it later anyway. I’m a bit late to swap my Ikon purchase, but I’m hoping I can get them to work. At least they are cool enough to exchange the springs for free. Love that surprising customer service option. But those Ohlins...

Good news on the spring swap... looks like all my numbers on sag are dead on. 28 mm with rider now, and 8mm with bike weight alone. Now looking forward to the front end kit. Thanks to all for guiding me on this bike build.

My Matris S fork kit came in today!

I’ve already reached out to Todd for specifics, but if anyone else has experience installing a Matris kit on a Bassa/Bellagio front end, I’m all ears. Looking forward to checking these out!

Attachments

• F73CDC52-48F6-4349-9C92-86A8744DB58F.jpeg
    F73CDC52-48F6-4349-9C92-86A8744DB58F.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 9
Finally locked and loaded. Did a final measurement on the front end: 32mm so I’m off by10mm. (At zero preload)

Given the 10.00 spring rate, I probably need a .09 or .08, but I’ll ride it w while to see if things settle at all. Easy install besides the extra 150.00 for the spring compressor. I’ll let you all know how it feels after the weekend.

Did a final measurement on the front end: 32mm so I’m off by10mm. (At zero preload)
You can simply trim down the preload spacer as needed. Spring rate is correct.

Are we talking about the short bushing at the top? It’s unlike the 6 inch plastic spacer on the original hardware. The lower end sits on aluminum.

Attachments

• F6FC3599-2E5E-4CE6-BA24-B9A722A6030F.png
    F6FC3599-2E5E-4CE6-BA24-B9A722A6030F.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 4
Are we talking about the short bushing at the top? It’s unlike the 6 inch plastic spacer on the original hardware. The lower end sits on aluminum.
Says 10 +/- mm bushing

A little more thinking, before I start hacking on a very expensive unit...

I seem to have backwards percentages, and am wondering which way to go on preload.

Free sag = 21mm (2/3)
Race sag = 32mm (1/3)

That seems to be not enough preload for free sag, too much preload for race sag settings. My thoughts are just riding it to see how it feels, but the numbers are kinda wacky. Any thoughts on which way I should go on preload? I clicked preload 12 clicks as suggested on the settings, but there wasn’t any change on measurements. Thinking going double to see what happens.

Thanks.

Back