• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander III install, Breva 750

Duane Beery

Tuned and Synch'ed
I installed the PC3 last night. Everything according to the instructions, installed the stock MAP using the lambda replacement module. I put new spark plugs in to check the fueling. The old plugs without the PC actually looked pretty good.

After the install, it runs great once started but it's hard starting and idles like crap. It idles low and wants to stall. Once over 1200RPMS it's fine. I rode it to work this morning through the city, as long as I keep the throttle above 1200 it's fine but it's kind of a PITA to commute this way. I tried fiddling with the idle screw below the left TB with no change. It also pops on deceleration. Any thoughts?

I'll check the plugs when I get home to see if it's burning too much fuel but the exhaust doesn't smell like it.

Already spent $hundreds, not spending more $hundreds . If there is no easy solution I'll just remove it and go back to stock. I thought it would make it run better at top end but if I have to sacrifice idling it's not worth it.

I can appreciate that. Unfortunately the power commander alone can't fix it. I will let the experts chime in here. if I had to choose only one, I would take the ECU reflash (I realize this is not helpful now). Where did you get the fueling map from? Is the map specific for the Breva 750?

Last edited:
Yep, the bone stock MAP stock intake, exhaust, Lambda bypass sensor. Seems to me it should be fixable, I just don't know what numbers to plug in for the idle portion, if it even affects the idle.

So i got home after a 20 miler RT commute. The motor was hot. I checked the plugs and as expected they were as white as when I put them in. So it's runnning lean and hot which would explain the hard starting and bad idling and possibly the decel popping. I reloaded the MAP with nothing in it, same as stock set up. It started right up and idled smooth. So instead of uploading a custom map I decided to adjust the unit itself using tthe buttons. We'll see what happens.

FWIW I think the unit might work but Dynojets MAP for the Breva 750 doesn't work very well. I may take the bike into a shop that can adjust it on a dyno from idle to WOT then save that MAP on my computer. I'm not quite to the point of thinking this was a waste of time but we shall see.

Duane free advice is only worth what you pay for it.
If I need a roof I call a qualified, certified, licensed, insured roofer somebody who has done many roofing jobs.

Putting the PC3 on & taking it to a dyno shop is not going to get you the results you want.
You are not the first person to post this issue on this forum.

Save yourself a lot of time & money.
Email todd at guzzitech.com
He is the qualified, certified, licensed, insured Guzzi Guy who can solve it.

Great thing about Todd is this: GREAT customer support long after the sale.

Back