• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Evap Can removal

Specifically, the two throttle bodies are connected and they then t down to the Evap. I want to leave them connected for ease of balancing. Do I just plug the line heading to the canister? I’m confused. Plz help!
States to use part of the line to connect the throttle bodies together (to each other). You should be removing the evap canister, if you are not removing it, just pull the rubber line.

I did not understand the instructions either for my 2016 Griso.
I ended up removing the valve and hose section to the evap tank up by the fuel tank (instructions say to leave it if you wish).
I then pulled the hose that comes from T connection(at the throttle bodies,hidden under starter cover to the evap tank) up from the evap area, and then connected it to the remaining hose to the fuel tank (basically eliminating the evap tank) and creating a throttle body to tank vent line.
I installed the new software provided by GT using the Reflash tool. Next was to reset the TPS and run it. So far I have run a tank of gas through the bike , gas light came on at 180 km vs 210 km, which I expected as you can smell it's running richer. This eliminated the "rush" sound of air when opening the gas cap but unfortunately no difference in the throttle on/off abruptness and overall drive ability of the bike.
I see you can adjust trim using the Reflash tool .. .what does that do?

and creating a throttle body to tank vent line.
I installed the new software provided by GT using the Reflash tool. Next was to reset the TPS and run it. So far I have run a tank of gas through the bike , gas light came on at 180 km vs 210 km, which I expected as you can smell it's running richer. This eliminated the "rush" sound of air when opening the gas cap but unfortunately no difference in the throttle on/off abruptness and overall drive ability of the bike. I see you can adjust trim using the Reflash tool .. .what does that do?
It sounds like you connected the throttle bodies to the tank vent line? If so, no good. The throttle bodies must have a single rubber hose side to side (recommended) or plugged off. Please go back and re-read what I wrote.
You should notice a significant difference post reflash. If not, you've done something wrong. State of tune is paramount, valve lash & T/B balance. The fueling isn't perfect with just the flash, but should be much better as the reviews state.
Trim is for idle, and should only be done using a EGA. Can't recall if that's an option with the 5AM ECU, as I've never once touched it. All I can add on this.

Ok, will reverse what I have done. I will put a single hose between the throttle bodies.
What do I do with the hose coming down from the tank...block it off? or extend it down to where the evap canister was for venting?
The bike only has 3000 km's on it , T/B balance and first service was done just 1000 km's ago , so that should not be an issue.

Ok, will reverse what I have done. I will put a single hose between the throttle bodies.
What do I do with the hose coming down from the tank...block it off? or extend it down to where the evap canister was for venting?
The bike only has 3000 km's on it , T/B balance and first service was done just 1000 km's ago , so that should not be an issue.
The fuel tank vent should run to atmosphere. That way as fuel is used out of the tank air can get in to prevent a vacuum from forming. Also, as the fuel in the tank heats up you don't create pressure inside the tank.
Stock it had a one way valve on the line, I believe it was that blue widget. I would remove that so air can go either direction through the vent. But from the factory it could only go one direction. That allowed pressure issues in some cases to develop.
The tank should have two lines, an over flow and a vent, that run to atmosphere. The place where the system returned from the canister to the two intakes is the only one you want to block off, and as Todd mentioned the best / easiest way to block it off is to connect the two together.

I’m seriously confused, too.

I now have two lines. The first comes from under the tank, to the blue and orange thing and ran to the canister. I cut it at the canister.

The second comes from the opposite side of the bike, from the T connector that the throttle bodies connect to.

Unsure of what to do next!

7C5E3787 65EB 4D7E BF81 BB9D0200C925 D0C24BD0 F687 42B7 A194 9B230035CCFB

The T connector between the throttle bodies should either be capped off or better yet removed, so that there is one line connecting the two throttlebodies that goes no where else. The line from the canister that used to go from the canister to the throttle bodies can be removed with the canister, removed if the canister is left in place, or left attached to the canister. It really doesn't matter what you do with the lines at the canister if it is no longer connected.
So you should end up with one hose connecting the two throttlebodies that goes no where else, and the line(s) from the fuel tank that are now venting to the atmosphere. It is a good idea to make sure those lines do not exit directly in front of the rear tire or on to anything hot (like the exhaust pipe) in case you overfill the gas tank and some excess fuel drips out.

Just did mine.
Correct me if i am wrong, but as seen in the pucs attached, i just plugged the hoses! The hose where the tip off valve and instead of running a hose from side to side throttle bodies, i thought they are already connected, and with T going down to canister, so.. just plug the bottom end, and it supposed yo work the same way?!

Attachments

• 04977A9C-D2D2-47E5-8663-754EA6DF72B5.jpeg
    04977A9C-D2D2-47E5-8663-754EA6DF72B5.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 044CA8DF-7126-436A-89DD-6FA3ADE6958D.jpeg
    044CA8DF-7126-436A-89DD-6FA3ADE6958D.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 19
You plug the two hoses coming from the throttle bodies..... can't remember but if there is a hose from the airbox it gets plugged too. But the rest vent to atmosphere.

I followed this diagram, and from what i see - i hope i am not wrong.. throttle bodies are connected with T and it goes all the way down, direct to the canister! So me being lazy, thought...i can just plugged it in with a bolt and i dont have to remove more lines - since it wont suck any air from anywhere else!?
The other hose that was coming from the canister goes to the tank through that tip off valve - so i decided to plug it, but i guess i never thought about ventilation...so what i will do is just run a hose all the way to the bottom and leave it open, so the Tank wont create vacuum!?

Am i correct or something else i am missing!

please help :)

I wanted to take as little as i can, becasue one day IF ( doubt it) i decide to sell or upgrade - want to have the ability to go back to stock!
You never know...

Attachments

• USAVenting.JPG
    USAVenting.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 24
Yes the T coming from the throttle bodies... just plug it. Mine is hidden under the starter cover.
The "whale moaning" vent hose leave open.
If there is a drain ftom the airbox, I can't remember, it should be plugged but able to unplug to drain occasionally.

Yes, i will use clamp 100%
for the tank vent hose - i was thinking about running a hose all the way down where the rest of the vent hoses are, and just leave it open, so it can breathe.

Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone. Just got PC and AT and the note saying that evap cannister has to be removed and I cannot find it anywhere?? Was wondering if that is US specs bikes only and down under it has never been fitted? See the pictures attd showing the supposed holes on TB bolted blank, is that the one?

And the other question is that there is evaporation vessel between the buzzers taking oil evaporation from both cylinder heads and draining condensed oil back into the sump and fumes back into air box? Is this last one needs to be blocked somehow?

Attachments

• 20210529_110813.jpg
    20210529_110813.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210529_111250.jpg
    20210529_111250.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
Just got PC and AT and the note saying that evap cannister has to be removed and I cannot find it anywhere??
You don't have it. At some point, including recently, it is a global requirement. I cannot say if yours came with it or not. it's painfully obvious when in place.

Back