• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ECU Swap/PC-V Update --PLEASE READ--

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
OK Folks, I'll have a confirmation on Monday or Tuesday about my ability to manipulate the 5AM ECU. Here's what I will likely offer, and explanation why:

I will be able to offer a ECU swap program, and a new PC-V for $1000~1200 USD. The ECU exchange will include revised timing and disabled 02-sensor input, which will allow use of the PC-V (allowing dyno-tuning or AutoTune option for $250 USD - as shown at the bottom). This will allow *you* to build the map you need, though I'll offer it in one or two variations for each model (i.e. Stock or with slip-on and...) I will also offer a $75 open-lid airbox conversion, which will include a two-piece CNC ring and a new flat filter (instead of the OEM round version). Open-lid airboxes have shown 4~5 hp/torque on the Calis with proper fueling revisions. How many would be interested in the whole kit including the airbox kit? Post below.

I feel this is the best solution, as I cannot spend the time on the dyno developing maps for every configuration. I will have thousands invested to do this, and need a solid pre-order count (likely with non-refundable deposit) to do this. Of my 8+ years on the dyno with Guzzis, *EVERY* bike needs it's own map, even bone stock or otherwise.

AutoTune Module & PC-V:
autotune_universal_fit_kit.jpg

This is the user screen for the AutoTune module that allows *you* to set the target A/F Ratio to build your own map:
autotune_graph_1_l.jpg

Sounds like a great bit of kit, not for me right now though, house move and new baby to plan for!

Getting shut of the Breva Graham, whats going to be next?

Well poop. I hate to be a negative vibe here but for that amount of money, its time to move on. I love my MG but it does have a bad fuel mapping problem in certain ranges and I,like many others, thought perhaps a Magic bulllet, PC5, would be a affordable cure. Ive learned to avoid hard accerelartion below 4.5k, but it crips riding pleasure sometimes. Thanks Todd for pursuing a cure. The price is too steep, for me anyway. The other 90% of the experiance is pure Guzzi joy!

A couple of things I'd like to throw into the pot on this.

like it or not Guzzis are always going to be a low volume seller for stuff like this. That I'm afraid means that its probably going to be a lot more 'spensive than a similar option for a Japper, a Harley or even a Deadcat.

Over the last few months I too have been chasing various different options, quite often the same ones as Todd, and you know what? the VAST majority of people I've TRIED to talk to quite simply haven't responded or if they have have stated that they can't find any interest in producing something for such a limited market.

Todd has been busting a gut over this. He's obviously got a lot further with it than I have and has also probably ploughed substantial sums of dough as well as time into the whole sorry biz-nizz. His experience in this field is WAY greater than mine and he almost certainly has a much better grasp of what we are going to require than many if not all of the rest of us.

At the end of the day this looks like the first viable option we have that can be used to modify the mapping on our bikes. Yes, it's going to be expensive. That's a pity, but it is also, unfortunately, reallity. I 'Could' live with my bike the way it is. with the #2 map in and the Guzzitech pipe it produces 96HP and runs pretty damn well all things considered. BUT, I know it CAN run considerably better. So I have a choice, I can either pony up and be part of the sollution or I can live with it. There is of course the third option of pissing and moaning and complaining that you're being 'Ripped Off' because the price doesn't fit some pre-concieved idea of what I'd like to pay and Guzzi owners ARE the cheapest bastards on the planet:lol:

Me? I'm in. I want to be able to experiment and turn this bike into what it so obviously can be. I suggest that others who want the same bite the bullet as well. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!!

Pete

pete roper wrote:
A couple of things I'd like to throw into the pot on this.

like it or not Guzzis are always going to be a low volume seller for stuff like this. That I'm afraid means that its probably going to be a lot more 'spensive than a similar option for a Japper, a Harley or even a Deadcat.

Over the last few months I too have been chasing various different options, quite often the same ones as Todd, and you know what? the VAST majority of people I've TRIED to talk to quite simply haven't responded or if they have have stated that they can't find any interest in producing something for such a limited market.

Todd has been busting a gut over this. He's obviously got a lot further with it than I have and has also probably ploughed substantial sums of dough as well as time into the whole sorry biz-nizz. His experience in this field is WAY greater than mine and he almost certainly has a much better grasp of what we are going to require than many if not all of the rest of us.

At the end of the day this looks like the first viable option we have that can be used to modify the mapping on our bikes. Yes, it's going to be expensive. That's a pity, but it is also, unfortunately, reallity. I 'Could' live with my bike the way it is. with the #2 map in and the Guzzitech pipe it produces 96HP and runs pretty damn well all things considered. BUT, I know it CAN run considerably better. So I have a choice, I can either pony up and be part of the sollution or I can live with it. There is of course the third option of pissing and moaning and complaining that you're being 'Ripped Off' because the price doesn't fit some pre-concieved idea of what I'd like to pay and Guzzi owners ARE the cheapest bastards on the planet:lol:

Me? I'm in. I want to be able to experiment and turn this bike into what it so obviously can be. I suggest that others who want the same bite the bullet as well. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!!

Pete

Well said Pete !

If anyone thinks that Todd has pursued this only to rip people off and make himself a bundle , well I say get a life. Pete I will be awaiting the the results with anticipation. Will it work on a Norge or not ?

Thanks Pete (and Dan)! These are all points that I don't like to harbor over, but they are all very valid. Like all things Guzzi, there's a small bunch of folks that are looking for a solution, and a minuscule few that go out of their way to make one. Support them at all costs.

The 5AM has proven to be a hard one to crack, as it truly is the "brain" of the bike's operation, on many levels.

So far, I'm only seeing a small handful of those interested... I cannot help the price. I am doing the best I can to keep the costs down, yet invest big on my end.

Speak now or forever hold your piece... or is that peace.

I will provide one for all of the new 5AM Guzzis, Norge included. ;)

I would probably be interested in this, but not right now, bike is too new and I'm not at the modification point just yet (ok, bars, pegs, bags, backrest) but I'm really glad to see someone is willing to take an issue like this on and think the price is fair all things considered.

Todd: I am figuring out how to get the cash together. Can you wait for a certain period and build up enough orders before you pull the trigger? I will gladly send you an initial deposit right now, but it will fall well short of the whole kit.

I've not yet bought the Griso 8V that I lust after because of the poor power curve and hole in the midrange. As soon as you provide a solution with dyno runs as verification.... I'm in!!

PLEASE hurry!

I bit the bullet, Just pulled the trigger on this, it came off of a wrecked 07 Norge for 200 bucks I figure to get my money back some day. If Todd wants this for testing for this endeavor he is more them welcome to it.

251.jpg

I'm concerned about the costs, as are others, particularly after I've just finished the suspension upgrade. My motorcycle budget is tight. Also, I'm not unhappy with the engine performance of my Norge. I can't say that I've been fretting about injection map issues.

HOWEVER, I do have experience that may be relevant. I have a 2006 Ducati Multistrada 1000S. As most of you know, it also is a v-twin, although (for this audience) the vee is pointing in the "wrong" direction. In 2007, it received a PowerCommander and it was tuned and mapped by the installing dealer (Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine). The results were fantastic. Based on my perception of the benefit of the PowerCommander to the Multi, I'm hoping to have the money to do it to my Norge as well.

In the interests of full disclosure, the Multi also received a complete exhaust do-over and changes in the front and rear sprockets. Nevertheless, I believe I'm on solid ground in praising the benefits of the ECU upgrade for engine performance, and I expect that the results with the Norge will be very satisfying. Further, having spent some time talking with Todd about his objective, I am confident he will get it right.

Bob

So for us non-wise-enough, what are the benefits of a tuned bike?

I, for example, don't need more power, but I would kill for some finesse and making on/off dissapear.

Back