• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cracked Cal 14 Exhaust Parts

After reading that the Cali 1400 was going to be discontinued,I became concerned with a future crack. I was going to purchase Todd's H-pipe and some mufflers. After some emails with Todd, I ended up purchasing the full system. I am super pleased with my purchase and after removing the old pipes was glad I did...this is the old H-pipe.the best way to remove the old system is with a sawsall...I highly recommend changing it if you are going to keep your bike.

IMG 4087

Nothing has changed. I imagine 2017+ models will see the same issues in time. I'll put (one or two) products on the shelf until the need is gone. All of my 1400 offerings have been slow sellers... almost not worth the time, effort and $ I've put in.
I went with Todd’s full system also. Not only did it make the bike run much better and solve the cracked pipe issue, it got rid of that annoying tinny sound made by the pipe heat shields. That sound was driving me nuts. I had them torqued with lock tight but I could still always hear a vibration.

Last edited:
Like Curt I went with the full system, polished stainless steel headers and cross pipe.

Todd worked some magic with the mounting brackets for the Stainless Steel Shorty Zards. The rear wheel of my '14 Cali Custom can now be removed without dismantling half the rear end.

Should be interesting to see how time is saved with the next tire change.

Oh yeah the Shorty Zards were installed along with the full Fuel Mod package.

Better response, better performance, better sound and much better looking than the stock system.

She needs a bath and will need new tires soon.

Zards

Like Curt I went with the full system, polished stainless steel headers and cross pipe.

Todd worked some magic with the mounting brackets for the Stainless Steel Shorty Zards. The rear wheel of my '14 Cali Custom can now be removed without dismantling half the rear end.

Should be interesting to see how time is saved with the next tire change.

Oh yeah the Shorty Zards were installed along with the full Fuel Mod package.

Better response, better performance, better sound and much better looking than the stock system.

She needs a bath and will need new tires soon.

View attachment 17735
Very nice, but out of interest why the Zards as opposed to Todd’s full system or did you have them fitted prior to replacing the headers.

Very nice, but out of interest why the Zards as opposed to Todd’s full system or did you have them fitted prior to replacing the headers.

I already had the Zards. Purchased shortly after the Fuel Mod system was installed. Todd provided updated map.

The polished SS headers and cross pipe are the essential finishing touches.

I Forgot to mention that Todd also worked other magic on the Zards. Removing all traces of the heat shield brackets.

THAT has got to be the biggest benefit of the short mufflers.

After the improved "breathing" and increased Torque / HP yep!

Right up there with scaring the p!@s out of a cager that won't park in the middle of the road behind my parking space in a near empty parking lot.
When gentle blips on the twin Fiams didn't get his attention. The highly audible bark from the Zards did the job.

my full system arrived yesterday for my Audace. This is the best looking exhaust I've ever seen. The welds are perfect- the finish is great, and the fit and finish is great. I'm a bit of a whore for cool exhausts- I spent so much time researching the best exhausts for my Aprillia and my Harley- eventually going with an Arrow Ti system for the former and an RB Racing system for my Street Bob. For the Audace- I literally spent 30 seconds researching- and got the best exhaust ever. I can't wait to see how it sounds and performs especially with Todd's feuling kit that also arrived yesterday.

my full system arrived yesterday for my Audace. This is the best looking exhaust I've ever seen. The welds are perfect- the finish is great, and the fit and finish is great. I'm a bit of a whore for cool exhausts- I spent so much time researching the best exhausts for my Aprillia and my Harley- eventually going with an Arrow Ti system for the former and an RB Racing system for my Street Bob. For the Audace- I literally spent 30 seconds researching- and got the best exhaust I've seen. I can't wait to see how it sounds and performs especially with Todd's feuling kit that also arrived yesterday.

Would love to see pictures and hear the sound when installed.

After reading that the Cali 1400 was going to be discontinued,I became concerned with a future crack. I was going to purchase Todd's H-pipe and some mufflers. After some emails with Todd, I ended up purchasing the full system. I am super pleased with my purchase and after removing the old pipes was glad I did...this is the old H-pipe.the best way to remove the old system is with a sawsall...I highly recommend changing it if you are going to keep your bike.

I did purchase and install Todd's H-Pipe on my stock exhaust and expect many happy years of riding to come.

FYI, IF you ever need to remove the full system you bought from Todd you may find that cutting will be the way to go. Heat and time does wonderful thing in helping metal pieces bond together (even stainless steel...).

FYI, IF you ever need to remove the full system you bought from Todd you may find that cutting will be the way to go. Heat and time does wonderful thing in helping metal pieces bond together (even stainless steel...).
Not sure what you mean here, as I've uninstalled systems I've built from 12 years ago with no issues. That and nothing a squirt of Kroil or eq won't undo.

Not sure what you mean here, as I've uninstalled systems I've built from 12 years ago with no issues. That and nothing a squirt of Kroil or eq won't undo.

Todd, don't you remember when you and I tried to remove the mufflers on my (then) new 2013 Custom 1400? We could not make them let go.

It was only much later when my crossover broke, I was able to remove each side separately. then with some heat and brute force I was able to get them to let go.

I’ve searched for a few years on YouTube and such for exhaust systems or slip on mufflers for the CA14’s. None of them sounded like something I’d want to spend money on. Yes, I know phone cameras and especially phone audio leaves a lot to be desired. But the before and after dyno graphs along with Todd’s videos are a real treat.

Thank you Todd for making your systems available to the Moto Guzzi community. After riding Moto Guzzi nearly exclusively for over 30 years I’ve been without a Guzzi since 2013. The Eldorado 1400 is the one I desire so I’ll wait and see if Piaggio drops the 1400s, improves them or adds an Eldorado Touring version for their Centennial line up.

Thanks again Todd!

Almost 16,000 here, no problems. I *did* put the much lighter Mistrals on at 1200 miles though. I've often wondered if it was the mass of the stock mufflers that causes the crossover issues...

Back