• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander-V & AT-300 Install How-To for your California 1400

I too have recently did the pcv upgrade with Todd. I also ran into most of the issues that have been discussed in this thread.
Any question I had for Todd always was answered. The amount of support I received was worth the cost alone.
Now my Audace runs as bad assed as it looks and sounds......
Don't forget to open up the air box.

i keep getting errors when uploading the new file back to the ecu, have tried it multiple times, the only 2 times that it made it to the section requiring the on / off keys command i got and error saying it cant connect to the ecu and the other time the access code requirement came up, can someone tell me how to solve this problem

now im getting a cam code errror and the alarm is tripping

Last edited:
i keep getting errors when uploading the new file back to the ecu, have tried it multiple times, the only 2 times that it made it to the section requiring the on / off keys command i got and error saying it cant connect to the ecu and the other time the access code requirement came up, can someone tell me how to solve this problem
Follow the instructions and video precisely.
The flash tool MUST be connected to the bikes battery, It MUST be on a charger. Verify the revised map was uploaded to the flash tool. Provided you didn't invert the battery connectors to the flash tool or damage the wiring or plugs, and the bike is in a ready to start condition, run position, in neutral, etc. If all else fails, disconnect both battery terminals and let sit overnight. Reconnect the following day and try again. In 99.9% of times like this, it's user error... and usually something simple to correct.

I installed the full fueling set-up on my 14 Custom about a year ago and also ran into issues because i was entering new territory (I'm an old carb guy). I've got it all figured out now and would be glad to talk you through it, email me if you would like.
Skip
cskeeterrush@yahoo.com

I installed the full fueling set-up on my 14 Custom about a year ago and also ran into issues because i was entering new territory (I'm an old carb guy). I've got it all figured out now and would be glad to talk you through it, email me if you would like. Skip - cskeeterrush@yahoo.com
Thanks Skip, speaking of which, have I seen your PC-V map within the last year? If no, send it to me for a check via email.

Follow the instructions and video precisely.
The flash tool MUST be connected to the bikes battery, It MUST be on a charger. Verify the revised map was uploaded to the flash tool. Provided you didn't invert the battery connectors to the flash tool or damage the wiring or plugs, and the bike is in a ready to start condition, run position, in neutral, etc. If all else fails, disconnect both battery terminals and let sit overnight. Reconnect the following day and try again. In 99.9% of times like this, it's user error... and usually something simple to correct.

Is it absolutely necessary to do the initial update/check with the flash tool or does it already have the map on it? I'm completely computer illiterate...but when I plugged it into my laptop (which I pretty much bought just for this) it didn't look at all like it did on the instructional video. It did say something about preparing device and then device was ready for use....but there was no icon on my desktop or box that came up showing it being updated. I turned off the firewalls and all that jazz. Now when I plug it in the laptop makes a little dinging noise but I don't even see any notifications that it is hooked up. You can talk to me like a kindergartner cuz like I said, I'm completely computer illiterate!

I update the tool before I send it, so if it didn't show on screen like the video, just connect it to the bike and read the ECU file to send.

Ok, so I installed the exhaust, PCV+autotune and reflash. Bike ran fine for at least 100 miles then it went crazy. All the lights on the gauge came on, speedometer said I was going 270 MPH....bike shut off. Bike will start with a jump or fully charged battery but will not keep running for more than 10 miles or so. Trailered to local MG shop and they couldn't seem to find out what the issue was...then they decided to replace the alternator. Took two months to get the parts and fix it. Bike broke down on the way home from the shop. Called shop and they thought maybe it was something with the PCV so I unhooked everything from the bike. The bike is still doing the same thing....will not hold a charge, the gauge lights up like a Christmas tree, speedometer goes crazy, then it dies. Any thoughts?

Hi TJ, it's easy for a dealer to blame the PC-V... but if one understands how it works, one will understand how it's impossible for it to do so. All it does is read the TPS voltage, and change the time (pulse width) that the injectors are open. The only possibility would be a no start if the PC-V lost a ground. I have ~20 years in on them now, on many bikes (but mostly Guzzis of course), and they are quite bulletproof.
I've seen just one instance where there was a running issue on a 1400, and it took replacement of the ECU, and a new wiring harness (all done under warranty at the time). This was NOT related to the PC-V install. Check/verify your connections is all I can add. Did you restore it to stock and try it? What error codes is it showing?
All you need to do to get it back to stock, is to install the stock 02-sensors, reflash the ECU, and plug the stock injector plugs from the harness back into the injectors. Nothing else has to be done to restore it to stock.
How old is the battery? Was the wiring recall on the alternator done?

Ok, so I installed the exhaust, PCV+autotune and reflash. Bike ran fine for at least 100 miles then it went crazy. All the lights on the gauge came on, speedometer said I was going 270 MPH....bike shut off. Bike will start with a jump or fully charged battery but will not keep running for more than 10 miles or so. Trailered to local MG shop and they couldn't seem to find out what the issue was...then they decided to replace the alternator. Took two months to get the parts and fix it. Bike broke down on the way home from the shop. Called shop and they thought maybe it was something with the PCV so I unhooked everything from the bike. The bike is still doing the same thing....will not hold a charge, the gauge lights up like a Christmas tree, speedometer goes crazy, then it dies. Any thoughts?

I have zero experience with the PC-V setup. However, your symptoms sound similar to what I experienced when the 40 amp fuse, which protects the alternator charging circuit, melted on my bike. I would try fully charging the battery. Using the mode switch, toggle the readout on your speedometer to the volt reading, and go for a ride. The reading will continuously drop if the alternator isn't charging.

As the voltage dropped on mine, it caused similar crazy readings on the speedometer, until the engine quit running.

Finished up the install this weekend and test ride today …she’s rocking ! Pulls harder and quicker
No more popping on deceleration or between shifts.No engine lights on.
Super happy all is good …took my time and went over everything a few times before starting

Thanks for everyone’s help …and super quick support from Guzzitech

Attachments

• 51E3E846-1E4F-410C-89BA-F870B6D7FAF3.jpeg
    51E3E846-1E4F-410C-89BA-F870B6D7FAF3.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 25
  • D3C1FF64-C22D-4B07-A2F2-03003BD588FB.jpeg
    D3C1FF64-C22D-4B07-A2F2-03003BD588FB.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 45A230CF-22EE-4184-A595-62280B690F63.jpeg
    45A230CF-22EE-4184-A595-62280B690F63.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2178CD69-4C96-4FA5-B3B2-9BDAFD5C88D4.jpeg
    2178CD69-4C96-4FA5-B3B2-9BDAFD5C88D4.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 25
Finished up the install this weekend and test ride today …she’s rocking ! Pulls harder and quicker
Super happy all is good …took my time and went over everything a few times before starting

Yes Sir! Those of us who paid to play, know and recognize that we all got our monies worth from Todd’s hard work on our behalf.

You get what you pay for!

Enjoy your transformed ride! It only gets better from here.

Excellent, welcome! Appreciate the business. Don't forget to pull and send the PC-V map after ~100 km or so, and at every service interval or annually as a minimum.

Excellent, welcome! Appreciate the business. Don't forget to pull and send the PC-V map after ~100 km or so, and at every service interval or annually as a minimum.
Sounds good ...is there any instructions on pulling the PC-V map and sending it ?
Is it done the same way as did with the install with hand tool ....or do i connect to PC program on laptop ?
Was also looking to get a few thing from the store ...but was unable to sign in ,it would not let me put anything in my cart
thanks again

Neil

Sounds good ...is there any instructions on pulling the PC-V map and sending it ?
Is it done the same way as did with the install with hand tool ....or do i connect to PC program on laptop ?
Was also looking to get a few thing from the store ...but was unable to sign in ,it would not let me put anything in my cart
thanks again

Neil
Always best to email me direct. Near impossible to respond to this here.

Back