• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

Faisal, the part number for the Caponord 1200 front mudguard is 2B003404. A UK stockist shows the price as 59.95 GBP / 67.87 Euro.

Faisal, the part number for the Caponord 1200 front mudguard is 2B003404. A UK stockist shows the price as 59.95 GBP / 67.87 Euro.

Is the part number you provided the same as the picture by Tommy Nillson? I feel the part number you gave is smaller than this?

frontfender-2-jpg.18022

Last edited:
Aprilia front mudguard

Faisal, item 1 on this drawing from the Caponord 1200 parts list is part number 2B003404. I haven't ordered it yet but I believe it is the same as the one in Tommy's picture.

Thanks for clarifying. I haven't ordered one yet because of the confusion. That drawing and part number was taken from Fowlers (UK Aprilia spare distributors) list for the Caponord 1200.

I will now order the 2B0024475 in complete confidence that I will get the right thing :whew:.....

Touring screen now fitted. This unit, made by Isotta in Italy and supplied by Teo Lamers in Nijmegen, comes complete with nifty thumbwheels to adjust the rake. I'm 6ft 3" and the screen is just about perfect for me. Stylish and functional best describe this product.

View attachment 17856 View attachment 17857 View attachment 17858 View attachment 17859

How does this screen work for you? Is it wider than the original? I am thinking of another one that is higher because the original high screen creates turbulence and I think it is narrower than Isotta.

I've just spent 3 weeks and 2,800 miles sat behind the Isotta medium screen and, apart from being a bit noisy at 70/80 mph, it proved very useful. I had hardly any bugs on my helmet after a days riding in warm, sunny weather. I'm glad I fitted it before the tour because it made it a whole more comfortable. There was no tiring wind pressure or excessive turbulence.

The standard screen that came with the bike measures 380mm wide x 320mm tall while the Isotta medium screen measures:

Guzzi V85TT Isotta Medium Screen

Last edited:
I've just spent 3 weeks and 2,800 miles sat behind the Isotta medium screen and, apart from being a bit noisy at 70/80 mph, it proved very useful. I had hardly any bugs on my helmet after a days riding in warm, sunny weather. I'm glad I fitted it before the tour because it made it a whole more comfortable. There was no tiring wind pressure or excessive turbulence.

The standard screen that came the bike measures 380mm wide x 320mm tall while the Isotta medium screen measures:

View attachment 18225

Tanks. ;)

FYI, there's a 'Extenda Fenda' available to fit the Caponord 1200 Rally mudguard 2B0024475.

UK company, Pyramid Plastics, product code: 057173. Price 19.50 GBP.

V85TT Fender Extenda B V85TT Fender Extenda A

Thanks for the info on the Caponord front mudguard. However, there seems to be a problem in supply - probably because so many folks have cottoned on that it fits the V85. I ordered the part from the "Aprilia Genuine Parts UK" website https://www.apriliagenuineparts.co....ame-caponord-1200-rally-e3-abs-nafta-2016.php The cost is actually a very reasonable £32.39 + £10.78 postage. The website accepted my order but the following day I was called by Teasdale M/Cs who explained they would be the supplier, bu that the part was out of stock, on back order, and no confirmed date for supply. I took a refund, but the website still shows the part as available. So, beware if you are ordering in UK. Better to give Teasdale a call first.

Don't hold your breath Derick! I've had mine on order from MSP in Holland since 19/08/19.

Thanks for the info on the Caponord front mudguard. However, there seems to be a problem in supply - probably because so many folks have cottoned on that it fits the V85. I ordered the part from the "Aprilia Genuine Parts UK" website https://www.apriliagenuineparts.co....ame-caponord-1200-rally-e3-abs-nafta-2016.php The cost is actually a very reasonable £32.39 + £10.78 postage. The website accepted my order but the following day I was called by Teasdale M/Cs who explained they would be the supplier, bu that the part was out of stock, on back order, and no confirmed date for supply. I took a refund, but the website still shows the part as available. So, beware if you are ordering in UK. Better to give Teasdale a call first.

Yes, that's what I thought Tony, so I got a refund. When someone cottons on to the sudden demand I'm sure other options will become available.
Has anyone found a hugger for the rear wheel yet?

FYI, there's a 'Extenda Fenda' available to fit the Caponord 1200 Rally mudguard 2B0024475.

UK company, Pyramid Plastics, product code: 057173. Price 19.50 GBP.

View attachment 18233 View attachment 18234
Be aware that later Caponord fendas were longer and that extender does not fit properly, it was for the short version.
Be sure you get the right fenda. The longer fenda was introduced to help stop muck covering everything. The Rally, I understand had the longer one fitted as standard. Might be some confusion if they changed the part number of the fenda. I would check you are getting the longer version, The factory listings are often out of date and that drawing looks like the shorter version. PC100089

Attachments

• PC100090.JPG
    PC100090.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 33
  • aprilia-caponord early.jpg
    aprilia-caponord early.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Phil, thanks for that information about the Extenda. I have 2B0024475 on back order with Fowlers. Judging by the earlier comments it may be sometime before I see it.

On a more positive note, I'm having the Guzzi heated grip kit (2S001325*) fitted tomorrow afternoon at Teasdale Motorcycles. Just in time for the colder weather.

* and yes, that's the correct part number :blush:......

Phil, thanks for that information about the Extenda. I have 2B0024475 on back order with Fowlers. Judging by the earlier comments it may be sometime before I see it.

On a more positive note, I'm having the Guzzi heated grip kit (2S001325*) fitted tomorrow afternoon at Teasdale Motorcycles. Just in time for the colder weather.

* and yes, that's the correct part number :blush:......
Not many good reports on the Guzzi heated grips, but they may have changed :wasntme: The Aprillia's were just as bad.

TBH, I've found heated grips pretty useless when it gets cold. They certainly have their limitations but are convenient and offer some warmth on Autumn evenings.
These on the other hand are cheaper and will keep your hands proper toasty. I've used them as low as minus 2 deg centigrade and I was warm.
20191004_125758-X3.jpg

I use Oxford or Daytona heated grips these days, too hot to hold on high even at -5C, combined with Outlast gloves and handguards. On the Stelvio, I found the Oxford control switch very bulky so tried using the Guzzi connectors from the bar switch, voltage too low just about ok on an Autumn evening, and I think that is the problem, the feed comes out of the clocks display, which seems to restrict the voltage. I hope the V85 is different. I'm looking to change soon but so far I find the seat to pegs room restrictive. The old legs don't like being cramped :cry:
Uncle Tony I hope you didn't pay Amazon's Cyclops price for those :lipssealed:

Last edited:
I had the Guzzi heated grips fitted at Teasdale Motorcycles this afternoon and I'm very pleased with them. Similar, if not the same, as the Guzzi kit I fitted to my Breva 1100, they're very effective and super easy to operate. I don't ride in very cold (below 5 C) conditions so although there might be warmer heated grips/gloves on the market, these suit my needs exactly.

While waiting for the grips to be fitted I spotted these two new V85TT's alongside Teasdale's demo bike. One modification to these new models is a redesigned cable/wire guide to stop them rubbing against the TFT display housing. I'll definitely order one of these.

IMG 1883 LI IMG 1875 IMG 1878 IMG 1879

Back