• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Brake recall

Unfortunately, my bike is sitting at the dealer. It tested as failed. I was told by the dealer that the part is back ordered and not expected until the end of November, thus ending my riding season for the most part. I called corporate to complain at the dealers suggestion and was told that the dealer does not know what they are looking at. The parts are being flown from Italy daily and should be in soon. However they would not say when or commit to a date.
I purchased the bike at the end of June and the delivery date kept getting pushed due to what I was told problems with the trucking company. I missed the whole month of July and took delivery on August 6th.
Buying this bike was a heart over head decision as opposed to the opposite decision I made with my last bike which was a Kawasaki. I am fearing this decision may have been a bad one. I hope I am wrong as I do love the bike.

Stopped in at my dealer last week to make an appointment for my MGX and was told that there is a "Stop Ride" for the recall. They picked up my bike at my home around 11:00 am on Saturday, called me at 1:30 and was told it passed the test and they delivered back to me at 3:30 PM. And they were kind enough to install a Cleat on the sidestand foot so it doesn't lean over so far. Nice guys, and I feel better knowing that it is behind me now.

I stopped by my dealer a couple of weeks ago to make an appointment to do the recall on my Audace. They had me take it to service. They checked it out right then. I went in the show room and drooled on the V7's and the Stelvios. My bike was ready to go in less than an hour. No repair needed, everything had felt right from the start so I didn't think it needed repair anyway.
kk

My 2016 Eldorado failed the test. It took a couple of weeks, but they replaced the master cylinder and it appears to be happy.
Note that (before) it it didn't appear to be an issue. I had raised the front wheel to check it myself and everything seemed OK.

My 2016 Eldorado failed the test. It took a couple of weeks, but they replaced the master cylinder and it appears to be happy.
Note that (before) it it didn't appear to be an issue. I had raised the front wheel to check it myself and everything seemed OK.

Kevin, I was very surprised to hear that my bike failed as I had no indication of any problems. It rolled freely in neutral. It did not de-accelerate prematurely when off of the throttle. I am extremely upset with the situation as communication between Piaggio and the dealers seems very poor. I have no idea when I will get my new bike back. How they don’t have a better communication and tracking system in 2019 is astounding!

Kevin, I was very surprised to hear that my bike failed as I had no indication of any problems. It rolled freely in neutral. It did not de-accelerate prematurely when off of the throttle. I am extremely upset with the situation as communication between Piaggio and the dealers seems very poor. I have no idea when I will get my new bike back. How they don’t have a better communication and tracking system in 2019 is astounding!

I know how you feel. Mine was the same way. I have it back now, and it doesn't feel any different.

I received a call from Seacoast on Wednesday that the MC came in and that the part was installed. I chose to ride it home from NH to Ct rather than have it delivered. I’m thrilled that I didn’t have to wait until the end of November as originally told. The dealer thinks that pressure on corporate from some of the customers expedited the process. I don’t know about that but am happy to have my bike back w the first service done and the recall addressed. Already planning on getting a second used bike in the spring to make the times I’m without the Eldorado less stressful.

I had a different issue with electrics, that the dealer in Atlanta was going to have to deal with, so they ordered the parts for the Brake Recall, just in case, about 2 weeks before I brought in for the electrical diagnosis/fix. Brake parts were waiting, but after inspection, not needed. Electrics, brake and 1000 mile check, one day. Nothing but good from the The Guzzi dealer inAtlanta

I had a different issue with electrics, that the dealer in Atlanta was going to have to deal with, so they ordered the parts for the Brake Recall, just in case, about 2 weeks before I brought in for the electrical diagnosis/fix. Brake parts were waiting, but after inspection, not needed. Electrics, brake and 1000 mile check, one day. Nothing but good from the The Guzzi dealer inAtlanta
Don, I find that interesting and proactive on the dealer's part. I was told by Jim the owner of Seacoast that Moto Guzzi was not shipping parts in anticipation of the recall and would only ship after the brakes were tested and failed. This was for financial reasons.

Don, I find that interesting and proactive on the dealer's part. I was told by Jim the owner of Seacoast that Moto Guzzi was not shipping parts in anticipation of the recall and would only ship after the brakes were tested and failed. This was for financial reasons.
Dealers don't always say the truth I guess ☺

I was also had the belief that the bike had to inspected first and then the parts could be ordered if needed. I took mine in for the inspection, the dealer told me they had the parts in stock and would repair it then and there. However it was ok.
kk

I am currently sitting in a motel room next door to my "nearest" (180 miles) Moto Guzzi dealer while they inspect the master cylinder on my 2016 Eldorado. I called them several weeks ago about getting the inspection done but they wanted to wait until they had a replacement part in their hands before they got into it so they could replace it immediately if need be. They called me a couple of weeks ago and made the appointment for today. I rode it here last night and just gave it to them a few minutes ago. They took it right in so I should know fairly soon. Now, if the snow will just hold off until I get back home, it will be a good day!
Garwood.

Well, now I am back over at the dealership. They inform me the master cylinder FAILED its test (like me in high school) and they have already replaced it. Now they are going through the bleeding process and I should have it back momentarily.

I have only good things to say about this dealership - Sturgis Motorsports in Sturgis, South Dakota. My original dealership (Moto International I Seattle) closed shortly after I bought this bike and since then I have been coming here. They have been very accommodating to my orphan motorcycle. They are responsive, do what they say they will, return calls, and are very friendly. If you are in the area and ne d assistance, give them a try.
Garwood.

I am currently sitting in a motel room next door to my "nearest" (180 miles) Moto Guzzi dealer while they inspect the master cylinder on my 2016 Eldorado. I called them several weeks ago about getting the inspection done but they wanted to wait until they had a replacement part in their hands before they got into it so they could replace it immediately if need be. They called me a couple of weeks ago and made the appointment for today. I rode it here last night and just gave it to them a few minutes ago. They took it right in so I should know fairly soon. Now, if the snow will just hold off until I get back home, it will be a good day!
Garwood.
Sounds like your bike is getting it if needs it or not...lol

That might be true. I couldn't notice anything wrong with it before I took it in and since I have gotten it back it seems the same. Maybe a bit less lever travel. At least it is done and I don't have to think about it anymore.

Bearing in mind what’s been previously said, think I’ll give my “local “ dealer a call about ordering the parts. As I am at least a two hour ferry trip and two hour road trip away it would be a major ball ache for me should they check the bike and find it necessary to carry out the work without having the parts in situ.

I would definitely check it out. The actual procedure doesn't take all that long but waiting for parts can take weeks. PLUS, I believe I read somewhere that if your bike fails, they won't give it back to you until it's fixed (liability reasons, I'm sure). It would be a bummer to have to arrang a ride home!

Back