• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1981 V50 Monza into Baby LeMans

ZABO

Just got it firing!
Hi all. I am a 58 year old Guzzi noob. Just bought a 1981 V50 Monza that is mechanically great but cosmetically challenged. It was a NYC bike all its life - parked on the street but maintained well by a good mechanic.

I want to make it into a baby LeMans I. Plan to have the nasty seat recovered with a LeMans 1 style cover, have the ratty exhaust pipes done in black, and paint all the body work in LeMans red.

I also want to replace the fairing and headlight with a round headlight and LeMans1 fairing. I see repro fairings are available as well as headlights - even upgraded LED headlights. I was wondering if anybody on the forum knows where I can get the brackets to adapt a LeMans I fairing and headlight to a V50 Monza. Also, do I need to swap out the instruments or should I do that? I also need to get new rear directional lights if there is a good source for those.

Lastly are all the decals I need available? Where can I source them?

Thanks for any help! Pete

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

It's already a baby LM3, I'd leave it alone, just paint. You may find re-make stickers. You can also have them scanned and made from vinyl. Install a V9 motor, something to pull that gearing. There are re-pop of LM3 fairing from AirTech, w/no signals on fairing

It needs to have the saddle done and the bodywork painted that for sure I will do this winter. Plus the exhaust has rusty head pipes and the chrome is shot on the silencers. I'm not talking massive change, figured going black on the pipes makes sense as I have a good guy that will do that reasonable. Then the only other thing is whether I stay with the stock fairing or go LM1 on the fairing with a round headlight. I;m not a huge fan of the original fairing but don;t know if I am spending a lot of money to do that swap. I know these bikes are not very valuable so don;t want to put ridiculous money into it

I see what you mean Steve. Maybe the clean LM3 fairing is the way to go. I would love to see a picture of a Monza with the LM1 treatment to see how it looks. But in any case, the AirTech LM3 fairing is and improvement on the original Monza fairing which I dont like at all. I also need to find a set of useful bar end mirrors as well

mk3bill.jpg

I did this upgrade to my ex wife's V-50 III that she left behind! I installed a V65 Lario engine and transmission, Monza tank seat and sidecovers, 850 LeMans fairing. I included a couple of pics. These pics were before the Monza sidecovers. It is a LOT of fun!!

151027 0002 FrankenMonza

I had the AirTech fairing on my LM3, got trashed in the wreck. I'm trying to keep mine somewhat stock looking. I have all my stock bodywork.

Thanks for the photos guys. Curious as to what kind of modifications you need to make to the stock fairing mounts to fit either the Airtech LM1 or LM3 fairing. Obviously the LM1 has a round headlight so you need the headlight and i assume some different brackets and do you also need to swap instruments. Since the stock fairing has a rectangular headlight, does the Airtech LM3 just bolt on? Not even sure if the stock Monza headlight size is the same as the LM3. Trying to get a feel on whether I need to get a bunch of parts to do either of these swaps

Zabo,
I used some nice machined aluminum ears to mount a round V50 headlight and ditched the existing mount brackets. Found them on Ebay and they were about 18 dollars. Used the instrument mount and gauge holders from MG cycle, the mount bolted directly to the handlebar mounting bolts and I used MG cycle led idiot lights for oil pressure etc. I had to fabricate the lower mount angle bracket for the LeMans fairing but the stock LeMans fairing sidebrackets fit perfectly. It was truly a simple swap for a change! LOL!

Finally got the body work back from the painter and the seat from the upholsterer Just taped the Airtech fairing on for the photo as I am waiting on some hardware from Airtech that I will epoxy and glass inside the fairing to mount it without drilling to keep the front clean. Now I can see how shabby the exhaust is and where the frame and fork paint need to be touched up. Climbing down a wormhole but I like the bike.

enhance

enhance

What happened to the original fairing? Seem like this thread has been going awhile, maybe I got the sequence confused.

Back