• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi V85 TT Review

The Motopologist

Just got it firing!
The Texas summer has been its normal harsh self this year as the sun tried its best to bake us at 100+ F* stopping most people from riding for a few months. I however work for a dealership and take pride in riding daily. After missing my turn to test the V85 TT during MotoGP weekend, I was happy to indulge in some V-twin therapy upon Moto Guzzi’s latest bike since the 1200 series motor was discontinued.

Due to Texas blue laws most dealerships have to be closed 2 day a week. That leaves Monday free and the roads free of most traffic after 10am. I started off my day bouncing through a few neighborhoods and enjoying the stop light to stop light fun found on the Guzzi. Hopping on the tollway (thank you TxDOT for not installing sensors along the striped line) I head towards some of Austin famous riding areas, both on-road and off.

The roads near Mount Bonnell are nice sweepers without a lot of gravel or debris on the road commonly found at Lime Creek Road. Aside from the occasional person leaving their drive way the only obstacles are the amount of cyclist and displaced tourist checking out the view from atop the massive stairwell.

Leaving Mount Bonnell and heading towards 2222 (pronounced: twenty two twenty two by locals) is a massive change of pace as the road becomes a free for all speedway carving past remains of the rocky hills blown away to make way for the 4 lane road. Thankfully this is a short jaunt before entering City Park Road towards Emma Long Park.

Emma Long Park winds around some of the most beautiful hill country as you often can catch glimpse of the Colorado River lurking below. I finally arrive at one of the many trail heads. “When in Rome” is probably the least favorable concept when exploring the massive trails network originally built for the trail bike, dirt bike and the occasional mountain bike crowd, one problem I’m on a 500lb adventure bike that doesn’t belong to me. Please don’t drop it, please don’t drop it rings on repeat in my head as I navigate through rock shelfs and cobblestones on a set of Metzler Tourance series tires. The light at the end of the preverbal tree tunnel couldn’t appear sooner as the trail become increasingly more technical and my lack of off-road skill set become increasingly apparent.

Making my way back to civilization was a welcoming feel as a throttled out of the park enjoying the paved road once again. However the V85 is an alluring beast and I found myself trucking up a minor grade dirt hill in search of a new adventure. This time the road was much more forgiving and the 853cc motor has no problems powering the chassis and I up to the top for a view before calling it a day and heading home.

Vagrant, I hope that's towards other V85 reviews and not my previous videos, LOL. In any case thank you for the kind words. Subscribe if you liked it.

Back