• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

At last, first service completed today @ Teasdale Motorcycles, Thirsk, North Yorkshire. I'm very pleased with their standard of workmanship and customer service. Centre stand fitted and touring screen on the way.

No restrictions so now's the time to cover some long-distance mileage.

IMG 1316

At last, first service completed today @ Teasdale Motorcycles, Thirsk, North Yorkshire. I'm very pleased with their standard of workmanship and customer service. Centre stand fitted and touring screen on the way.

No restrictions so now's the time to cover some long-distance mileage.

View attachment 17824
There's a coincidence! Teasdale completed my 1st service and fitted my centerstand today. Did they remember to rest the service light? Mine came on about 90miles after I'd left the shop.

I've already got a sticker over the flashing cruise control light so I guess I'll live the little spanner.

TBH I find the CC really distracting, especially since there's a much less distracting icon in the LCD display.
I can't think of ever having a flashing warning light, other than direction indicators, on a dash.

Vin ZGUKWA002KM000930 Yellow McDonalds. 400km on the clock.(2nd ride)
Just went for a quick 300km ride, raining, very rough, whoopy bitumen road, coming out of tight 2nd gear up hill corners the traction control was nearly sending me over the bars. I usually wheelie off the whoops on my other bikes (seriously this road is like a motocross track).
Flicked it into dirt mode, thanks Guzzi for enabling me to do this on the go and storing the mode after stopping, restarting, dirt mode was perfect, could just focus on riding. Traction control still kicked in but only when the front was pretty high, it does turn off ABS to the rear but no issues. Rear brake has plenty of feel and the mich anakee tyres worked well in the wet. It will spin up and come out sideways if your over zealous cranked in....yep found that limit.
Very impressed with the handling, so much feel front and rear, typical guzzi awesome at high speed sweepers on full gas. Note I only have my brothers mk2 850 and mk5 1000 to reference off.
Bumped the shift lights up to 6800rpm as I found them distracting. Front brakes are great, suspension was firm but it’s a bloody goat track of a road that I’m nearly jumping off bits. No head shake even over 170 hitting big bumps mid corner. Very capable bike can’t wait to give it the berries in the dry and do some long trips.

87C7EFE6 702C 45B0 9FBF ADA0BDB455F0 FE912DAC 60A3 4F47 9C70 1D44F8411581 6A872A2E 0D46 4DBD 8E16 38D2CAB0D9A2

Typing from Pickering, Ontario, Canada. Laid my deposit last February, finally picked it up on Thursday. The hard cases were sent to the wrong dealer, will get them next week. Lovely bike. I spent today tinkering in the garage, dumped a gallon of Loctite all over it. It looks like I'll have to remove the tank in order to install the the front straps for a Wolfman tank bag.

Looking forward to the weekend. :)

P-20190829-141647-HDR.jpg

New guzzi owner. Vin# 00046. Derek Dixon. Charlotte NC. I came off a 13' triumph 800 xc that i put 50k on. The v85 is all the upgrade i ever wanted. Great ride so far with 38 miles on it. This is my first guzzi. I planned to introduce myself after i had some ride pictures. But here is the first one.

Personal Code
After reading through the forums here I believe it is the best idea to use the Maintenance code, Vin, or 00001 as a code. Does anyone have the maintenance code at this time. I searched but did not find it.

And an update if you saw the original post. Which since i didnt get a reply i have edited. The bike is equipped with a kill switch button.

20191016 124221

ZGUKWA004KM002209 Steve Howell, Yorkshire England. First Reg . 01/06/19 Adv Red. Now 3500mls. New clutch at 200mls, thanks to Teasdales, Thirsk Yorkshire, great service. Hard panniers, QD exhaust and Y piece, bash plate and exhaust guards painted black (looks great). Awaiting heated grips and fog lights fitting. New rear shock soon, still doing some research,I don't like the OEM much. Givi outback rear box, 30ltr, looks so much better than the big one. Almost forgot, wheels converted, by me, tubed to tubless, no problems so far, 2500mls.
A very nice addition alongside my 1200 Griso SE and California 1100 EV.

New guzzi owner. Vin# 00046. Derek Dixon. Charlotte NC.
Hi Derek, congrats and thanks for posting. Welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi Famiglia. I haven't yet surfaced the access code... usually takes a painful amount of time. Whatever user code you program be sure to write it in the manual or digitally so you can easily share it down the road. The ECU on the TT is locked down without it. Always fun to hear of those coming over to Guzzi. Careful, they are highly addictive. Get past the initiation timeline, and if you make it, you'll own far more than one.
Enjoy and post often!

ZGUKWA004KM002209 Steve Howell, Yorkshire England. First Reg . 01/06/19 Adv Red. Now 3500mls. New clutch at 200mls, thanks to Teasdales
Thanks also for posting Steve, and congrats! Love to hear more on the clutch failure.
Enjoy and post often!

Thanks also for posting Steve, and congrats! Love to hear more on the clutch failure.
Enjoy and post often!
At around 250mls, I'd been away for a week, not on the bike, came back and went out on the V85. As let the clutch out and rode off, it made a horrible crunching sound, then lurched forward fully engaging first gear. It would then do it to a lesser degree whilst changing from 2nd to 3rd. After that it would be absolutely fine for the rest of the ride. Leave the bike overnight and the fault would repeat itself.
After discussion with the dealer I rode it like that until it went in for first service, it had gotten no better and no worse.
It went for first service, the engine and gearbox were remove and the clutch stripped out. The clutch plate showed very uneven wear and the flywheel was badly scored. Everything was replaced and put back together, all has been fine in the proceeding 2000mls.
Big thanks to Teasdales in Thirsk North Yorks UK. They had the bike for a total of 17 days which I thought was pretty good considering the amount of work that needed doing and ordering parts from Italy.

VIN#zgukwu005lm000150 - Love this bike, so much character! Installing engine guard and tall windshield today.

DSCF04461

New guzzi owner. Vin# 00046. Derek Dixon. Charlotte NC. I came off a 13' triumph 800 xc that i put 50k on. The v85 is all the upgrade i ever wanted. Great ride so far with 38 miles on it. This is my first guzzi. I planned to introduce myself after i had some ride pictures. But here is the first one.

Personal Code
After reading through the forums here I believe it is the best idea to use the Maintenance code, Vin, or 00001 as a code. Does anyone have the maintenance code at this time. I searched but did not find it.

And an update if you saw the original post. Which since i didnt get a reply i have edited. The bike is equipped with a kill switch button.

View attachment 18341
Hi Derek, I agree on leaving the code alone, or doing something really simple like 00001. Then, no matter what, write it down in ink in your owners manual. I got lost in the woods on this very subject a few years ago, and had to find my way back.....

VIN#zgukwu005lm000150 - Love this bike, so much character! Installing engine guard and tall windshield today.
Congrats Kris! Welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi TT Famiglia. I see you're pretty local, and likely disappointed in dealer set up. If you don't work on your bikes yourself for maintenance, etc... happy to be of help at my shop in Orange. Click on the SERVICE tab above for more info. We're the best in SoCal.
Also, be sure to click on the STORE tab above for all of my V85TT offerings... I have quite a few parts online already.
Also see the V7/9 SoCal Ride thread. Love to meet you and have your along on a ride.

Congrats again, and post often!

Hi Todd, thanks! You did some work on my Norge a few years ago(fuel re-map). I do like to work on my own bikes, however if it needs warranty work do you do this also? I may be looking into an exhaust upgrade to just get a little throatier sound, just don't want it loud. Pretty happy with the way the bike runs so far although it has very low miles on it, but I may also look at a fuel re-map when it becomes available. I downloaded a couple of different manuals but can"t find anything about re-tourqing the heads like I had to do on my Norge.
Do you know if this is no longer needed on the v85?
Thanks again, great forum!

Hi Todd, thanks! You did some work on my Norge a few years ago(fuel re-map). I do like to work on my own bikes, however if it needs warranty work do you do this also? I may be looking into an exhaust upgrade to just get a little throatier sound, just don't want it loud. Pretty happy with the way the bike runs so far although it has very low miles on it, but I may also look at a fuel re-map when it becomes available. I downloaded a couple of different manuals but can"t find anything about re-tourqing the heads like I had to do on my Norge.
Do you know if this is no longer needed on the v85?
Thanks again, great forum!
OK, great on all. Exhaust I have our own GTM offerings for and both QD and Agostini. The V85TT will accept my full fuel kit, so I'm excited for that (hopefully soon). I cannot do warranty work unfortunately, but I've been of help in touchy situations as needed. Metal gaskets on the new bikes, so no head re-torque needed.
Enjoy!

I've already got a sticker over the flashing cruise control light so I guess I'll live the little spanner.

TBH I find the CC really distracting, especially since there's a much less distracting icon in the LCD display.
I can't think of ever having a flashing warning light, other than direction indicators, on a dash.
Have youtried a long press to get rid of the flashing light?

Back