• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Inverted stock bars

flotstudio

Just got it firing!
couldnt find any pics of inverted stock bars on the V7 stone online, but am going for a more aggressive caferacer look and feel and saw this done on older bikes and a few custom projects, and thought i'd save some coin on clubmans and do it myself.

removing bars was easy enough, but had to file down the plastic nibs in the starter/headlight boxes and reroute the clutch cable from under the speedo, but otherwise took about 1 hr. Tested today and she runs fine: throttle, brakes and clutch all good...just needs bar end mirrors to be street legal.
position feels a bit awkward on the wrists but much more aggressive. will ride it upstate this weekend on the taconic and see how 2 hrs feels in this position...

IMG 20191104 162850 04 IMG 20191104 162850 02 IMG 20191104 162850 03

The "nibs" are there to keep the switch gear from rotating. Next time you do this, drill holes in the handlebar to correctly position the switch gear.

Looks slick, but also looks like you will really stress you wrists.

Years ago I had a 1980 or 81 Kawasaki KZ1000 with Rickman fairing and clip-ons and could only ride for about 25 minutes before my wrists were hurting so much my arms were shaking. Was one of the reasons I sold the bike, wish I had heard of HeliBars back then. My Duc was way more comfortable so that is what I kept.

The "nibs" are there to keep the switch gear from rotating. Next time you do this, drill holes in the handlebar to correctly position the switch gear.
yea I figured thats what they were for, but with no mirrors on them and some foil on the matte bars they seem pretty sturdy. My previous bike didnt have the plastic bits and I never had an issue with rotation. However I def appeciate the advise, if they start rotating on me ill happily eat humble pie, just hopefully not the road.

Looks slick, but also looks like you will really stress you wrists.

Years ago I had a 1980 or 81 Kawasaki KZ1000 with Rickman fairing and clip-ons and could only ride for about 25 minutes before my wrists were hurting so much my arms were shaking. Was one of the reasons I sold the bike, wish I had heard of HeliBars back then. My Duc was way more comfortable so that is what I kept.

thanks! and yea i definitely share your concern, so far tho to and from the office (30 mins on the west side highway) seem fine, no back or wrist pain. In fact, highway speeds feel better in this aggressive position as I feel like I get less wind slamming into my chest. When I had the bars up right I basically put myself in the position the inverted bars put me in now to avoid my head and chest getting bobbled by the wind lol. Just ordered a dart windshield also, so if this ends up being uncomfortable ill ill just flip them back upright!

Which Dart model? I have the Dart Marlin on my V7 III and love it.
picked up the dart piranha in the matte mettalic black, should be here Friday. It'll be pretty small, but wanted to keep the profile of the bike low. I do genuinely wonder how much wind it's going to direct over, but it seems like it'll be better than nothing, and a fair compromise in price and style compared to MoGuzzi's OEM top fairing, which is $300, and several inches shorter. How much of a difference did you find when you threw the Marlin on? I really felt the wind blast on the highway this passed weekend driving 70 -75 mph down the highways from the country to the city ~160 miles, which is in part why I flipped the bars and ordered the dart.

Last edited:
I found quite a big difference with the Dart Marlin. I'm 5' 11", without the Marlin I would really, really have to flatten myself on the tank to get out of the wind blast when I needed a break. With the Marlin installed I find most of the wind deflected over my helmet and can comfortably ride for hours at 120 KM/hr +.

I found quite a big difference with the Dart Marlin. I'm 5' 11", without the Marlin I would really, really have to flatten myself on the tank to get out of the wind blast when I needed a break. With the Marlin installed I find most of the wind deflected over my helmet and can comfortably ride for hours at 120 KM/hr +.
that's awesome, yeah i hope the piranha deflects enough, otherwise may do the marlin.

Back