• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dam loose fender bolts

David Griffiths

Tuned and Synch'ed
After reading the post of the bolts backing out under rear fender support frame to main frame I checked mine and they where missing. So I replaced and locktite as recommended first photo. After riding today approximately 300 klm I noticed the fender quite loose. Thinking the same bolts had worked their was loose again. Well not the same but others on the same bracket 2nd and third photos. Why on earth didn't factory locktite everything bolt? Anyway I love working and tinkering on bike so I now have another excuse to work on it.

20191117 221252 20191117 221322 20191117 221341

Not fender bolts, but two of the bolts that secure the muffler to the frame had taken a leave of absence. The bolts are cheap enough, but those rubber/metal bushings are not cheap to replace.

So yes, I've been going thru whatever I can think of and removing fasteners and adding loctite, then reassembling.

Well it happened again! Not loose bolts but speedy fastner or whatever they are called. I noticed the rear fender a little loose the centre thread of the fastner had crumbled to pieces. I'm going to go through every bolt again when I'm not riding and replace every bolt or weld a not for impossible to get bolts. Sick of replacing or retighen after every ride.

Attachments

• 20191122_184912.jpg
    20191122_184912.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20191122_180402.jpg
    20191122_180402.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20191122_180345.jpg
    20191122_180345.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 37
I would change out every one of those Tinnerman clips. Body clip or whatever you call that junk they use. Use bolts and stopnuts on everywhere possible.

Yes I agree with you,that is my intention, they are garbage. Ill be using spring washes and nyloc nuts everywhere. Next project.

Spire clips or chimney nuts as they are called in the uk, i have just replaced 6 on the bike that had split. i always keep a bag of these in the tool box now ready to replace damaged clips. they are relatively cheap (£5 for a bag of 10, should have bought more). As wrinkley said its not always easy to get a spring washer and locnut in place.

Yes I agree there are some where they will remain. The rear tail section I intent on welding small nuts to the bracket where it is tight to get a spring washer and nut. Then systemically go through every clip where they can be replaced.

Back