• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

BUYING A BREVA 1100 OR 1200

Spyro81

Just got it firing!
Hi guys and girls,

I'm new here and have a question about buying a breva.

I have about 15 years of riding behind me. My first 3 years where with a v50 nato in the Dutch army. I love the little bugger. She gave me a lot of fun and she treated me right. If she broke down (which she did a few times) I missed her. I rode a v50 nato for about 50000 after I sold my car and I rode motorcycles only for 4 years. I had 2 Honda's and 2 Ducati's.

I had a heavy crash on my fireblade and couldn't ride for a long time. Last year I bought a vfr (96) 2 start ride again for long runs (about 500km a day) but I don't like the feeling of riding a racer type. I hate the constant gear changes 2 keep the torque needed for the ride. I ride about 5000 to 7500 km a year in different type of riding. Mostly riding in a large group with harley's and other "cruisers". Is the breva a good reliable ride which can give me the feeling of riding "hard" without riding hard? Is it good as a mile muncher with the reliability of that Japanese monster I own now??
I would like 2 relive my love of the v50 nato without all the issues, because now it's my bank account. I never got the feeling I had of my v50 but I know that if I had her In a real world scenario she would cost me a lot of money. Is the breva a substitute for a v50 and the "fun". I ride a bmw r60 from 1975 sometimes which is my dad's bike. So I'm used 2 the quirks of 2 cylinders going side ways.

Thanks for reading thru this long story and react 2 it.

My biking greetings

Pascal

Last edited:
The 1100 Breva is my bike of choice. With the large fuel capacity, torque and fuel efficiency she is my best bike since the 850 T-3 I owned in the 70s and early 80s. Handling is good an she is an all day ride if you re-do the seat with some closed cell foam. The original is too soft and after 100 to 200 miles you are on the seat pan. Now she is great for 800 or more mile days. Seating position is very good as is the braking capability. I've ridden a 1200 Sport, it is a nice bike but for all around use my choice is the1100 Breva.

I have a Breva 1100, bought new in 2006, done about 80,000Kms and it hasn't let me down once, Servicing is a breeze. its stock original, all I have done is remove the Cat and put a 2 into 1on it, I'm not hard on it and get at least 15,000 to 18,000Kms out of tyres.

I'm a very happy Breva 1100 owner. Owned since new in August 2005 it's fast approaching 96,000 miles. It's has proved exceptionally reliable. I've had no major issues and I've managed to keep it looking good. Modifications include a Mistral silencer and an Agostini 'Y-pipe'. Other than a dealer fuel injection check and set-up every 6,000 miles I do all my own service work. They're very easy to work on.

Average fuel consumption is in the low 40's with a best of around 47/53mpg cruising at 70/80mph in 6th. Compared to most other (modern) large capacity motorcycles it isn't the most powerful thing on the road, but it suits me perfectly. I'll never sell it.

I've not ridden any of the other CARC models but based on my experience I would recommend the Breva 1100 to anyone.

Pictures taken in August this year.

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 26-08-19 a.JPG
    26-08-19 a.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The 1100 Breva is my bike of choice. With the large fuel capacity, torque and fuel efficiency she is my best bike since the 850 T-3 I owned in the 70s and early 80s. Handling is good an she is an all day ride if you re-do the seat with some closed cell foam. The original is too soft and after 100 to 200 miles you are on the seat pan. Now she is great for 800 or more mile days. Seating position is very good as is the braking capability. I've ridden a 1200 Sport, it is a nice bike but for all around use my choice is the1100 Breva.

Thank u for the tip. I'll keep it in my mind. Great 2 hear that the breva is ur first choice.

I have a Breva 1100, bought new in 2006, done about 80,000Kms and it hasn't let me down once, Servicing is a breeze. its stock original, all I have done is remove the Cat and put a 2 into 1on it, I'm not hard on it and get at least 15,000 to 18,000Kms out of tyres.

Thank u, I'm used every max 10000km a new set of tyres so the wife will be happy

I'm a very happy Breva 1100 owner. Owned since new in August 2005 it's fast approaching 96,000 miles. It's has proved exceptionally reliable. I've had no major issues and I've managed to keep it looking good. Modifications include a Mistral silencer and an Agostini 'Y-pipe'. Other than a dealer fuel injection check and set-up every 6,000 miles I do all my own service work. They're very easy to work on.

Average fuel consumption is in the low 40's with a best of around 47/53mpg cruising at 70/80mph in 6th. Compared to most other (modern) large capacity motorcycles it isn't the most powerful thing on the road, but it suits me perfectly. I'll never sell it.

I've not ridden any of the other CARC models but based on my experience I would recommend the Breva 1100 to anyone.

Pictures taken in August this year.

Great 2 hear that u rode it that many miles and still don't want 2 sell it. She is a looker Allright! The small things like valve adjustment I'll want 2 do myself and oil changes 2. The silencer will be a thing I want but those y pipes are a replacement for the catalyser??
The power isn't important 2 me anymore. I just want 2 enjoy riding it a nearly legal speeds and don't want 2 look at the speedo all the time and see 3 numbers (km) in a 80km zone. The treasurer would like that 2.

The 1100 Breva is my bike of choice....I've ridden a 1200 Sport, it is a nice bike but for all around use my choice is the1100 Breva.

I was concerned about the riding position UNTIL I discovered the Aprilia 850 Mana bars are a direct replacement fit for the 1200 Sport.

A simple swap out and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The bike is so comfortable, I can ride it all day in comfort. I have never had bars make such a dramatic change in the character of the bike!

My Stelvio NTX and it's 4V heads are cool, as is my Centauro’s as well, but I really love the 2V engine on my 1200 Sport. It's simplicity entices me and it just runs so solid.

Last edited:
Yes, the 'Y-pipe' I mention replaces the catalyser. Similar to this I've just fitted to my V85TT:

Ok, thx. I'll keep it in mind. I'll have 2 wait for a couple of months before Im going 2 get a test drive on a breva. Waiting for fair weather and no salt on the road.

Back