• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What is this for?

Bikebuster56

Just got it firing!
So I picked up this '07 b11 last week, and while cleaning on it and after I removed the instruments to open it up and clean out the moisture, I find this little plug hanging down behind the headlight. I looked all over and couldn't find where it might go, so I pulled the tank and still can't figure out where it goes. Anyone here recognize it and where it goes?

Thanks. 20191202 190709 20191202 190715

I can't even tell where the other end connects to. It goes up under the steel cross piece just below the vin plate. Looks like I'd have to remove a few things to get to it, like the airbox and the little plastic vapor vent tank in front of the airbox, and ....

I have an '06 B11 which I've had tank and air box off many times and not seen a cable like that. If there are no faults codes showing and the bike runs well, it's most likely an aftermarket item. I've always found that if anything is disconnected or not right, the dash faults pick it up.

Yeah the more I look the more it looks like an aftermarket cable. I didn't have time today to tear into it more so will try tomorrow to follow it to wherever it's connected. At first I thought it might be for the heated grips but I think they're working ok. Before I took the dash off I did notice the grip heater icon on the dash and the three different heat settings, and I think they started to warm up but I didn't leave them on for long.
I'll post a update when I figure it out .. or not.
Thanks guys.

The plug itself looks like one I've seen on a Garmin GPS. Mine was an old GPSV so didn't have the ears. But it's a good guess.

That is the plug that attaches to a Garmin Zumo 550. The former owner, apparently, removed his Zumo, but not the power cable.

Attachments

• garmin-zumo-550-motorcycle-power-cable.jpg
    garmin-zumo-550-motorcycle-power-cable.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 15
Thank you RV, that's it!
As Robert says, I just knew someone would know. Good deal, nothing to worry about. Now I know I can remove it without worry.
Hey Robert, you want that cable after I remove it? I'll send it to you free.??

Back