• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

Hi Todd, I'd be very interested as to why you think 'Booster plugs' are risky. Serious question, I'm not trying to incite a long debate.
I struggle to answer these type of questions here as I repeat myself over and over. This isn’t what I think, this is simple fact; Sensor offset technology was abandoned by the major players in industry in the late ‘90s due to erratic running and failing electronic systems because of them.
Many small companies often toss band aids at it to make money. Again, if you choose to use it, be sure *YOU* verify what is doing to your bike/fueling. The V85 isn't a cheap machine to blindly throw things at.
I’m not an engineer, just a trained end user that has been well-versed in (Guzzi specific) fueling since 2001.

Phil, thanks for that information about the Extenda. I have 2B0024475 on back order with Fowlers. Judging by the earlier comments it may be sometime before I see it.

On a more positive note, I'm having the Guzzi heated grip kit (2S001325*) fitted tomorrow afternoon at Teasdale Motorcycles. Just in time for the colder weather.

* and yes, that's the correct part number :blush:......
Uh-oh, l've just had a notification from DHL that my fender will be here in a couple of days. The part number l've ordered is 2B001431 and l can't for the life of me remember how l came across that number. Thank god it was only £40, You never know, it might be ok, looks like it is Australia & S.africa spec.

Uh-oh, l've just had a notification from DHL that my fender will be here in a couple of days. The part number l've ordered is 2B001431 and l can't for the life of me remember how l came across that number. Thank god it was only £40, You never know, it might be ok, looks like it is Australia & S.africa spec.

I purchased Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally front fender #2B0024475, but there appears to be another version 2B001431.

Same price, same description except it included the word USA. Perhaps it might have a USA DOT approval on it somewhere.

Totally agree, the less obvious the better. (Part number for each reflector is ooGo4403751 by the way)

Last edited:
Looking for some compatible short brake & clutch levers. Any ideas as to which bikes also carry the same levers as the V85TT to widen the possible options? So far (apart from incompatible cheap eBay ones) I haven't found any.

I struggle to answer these type of questions here as I repeat myself over and over. This isn’t what I think, this is simple fact; Sensor offset technology was abandoned by the major players in industry in the late ‘90s due to erratic running and failing electronic systems because of them.
Many small companies often toss band aids at it to make money. Again, if you choose to use it, be sure *YOU* verify what is doing to your bike/fueling. The V85 isn't a cheap machine to blindly throw things at.
I’m not an engineer, just a trained end user that has been well-versed in (Guzzi specific) fueling since 2001.

Your 02-Optimizer works differently to such more basic solutions I guess Todd. I've had one fitted one to my Breva v1100 since 2011.

I'm following this thread with interest.
On the Heated Grips topic I've decided to go down the Oxford route. Can anyone advise exactly where the connectors to plug in to the wiring loom are located? And therefore what needs to be removed to get access?
Also I'm trying to source the Caponord front mudguard. Everyone I've tried has them on back order at the moment so if anyone knows a source in UK or Europe where they currently have stock, I'd much appreciate it.

There's a triangular cover just above the RH head & exhaust pipe to get access to the heated grip connectors connectors. You will need to move the tank back a smidgen to gain access or remove it entirely.

Can't help you with the Caponord front guard. I have mine fitted, and it works a treat. Make sure you get the correct one, Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally front fender #2B0024475.

I'm following this thread with interest.
On the Heated Grips topic I've decided to go down the Oxford route. Can anyone advise exactly where the connectors to plug in to the wiring loom are located? And therefore what needs to be removed to get access?
Also I'm trying to source the Caponord front mudguard. Everyone I've tried has them on back order at the moment so if anyone knows a source in UK or Europe where they currently have stock, I'd much appreciate it.
Have you tried Motorcyclespares.eu for the mudguard yet? That's where l sourced mine. They didn't have stock at the time of ordering but kept me informed about eta's . As far as the Oxford grips go, l settled on using the Oxford controller, mainly because it was easier but also because it gave me 5 heat settings rather than the 3 which wiring into the harness would give.

Yes, motorcyclespares list the item so I called them to check they had it in stock....and today the answer is no. Teasdales reckon they have a few arriving any day, but they've been saying that for some weeks now..

I also ordered the front fender, however the u.s. part # is different. One has holes for reflectors and one doesn’t, sorry, not sure which is which, and the afternoon wine is kicking in! Otherwise I believe they’re the same. Mine is still on back order but no biggie. Hole plugs will do.
Connectors for the heated grips are under the plastic cover on the right hand side just forward of the gas tank. Tank is super easy to remove and makes running wires easy and clean.
I used the oem heated grips and did not have the dealer “calibrate” the throttle and all seems well. Like having them plug and play, looks factory. LOVING THIS BIKE!

I ordered my 2B0024475 on 27th September with Fowlers in Bristol. Still waiting for delivery but at this time of year that isn't a problem, the V85TT is wrapped up for Winter and it won't see regular use again until late February/early March. Hopefully I'll have the mudguard by then.

You'd think Guzzi would at the very least offer this mudguard as an optional accessory along with pannier cases etc, especially as it's an inhouse Piaggio product. They must be aware of the large number of orders being placed for 2B0024475 since the V85TT was launched.

Stripped off the tank and found the connectors for the heated grips. Thanks for the advise on locating. For reference they have brown / blue wires. I don't have the Oxford kit yet so I don't know what it comes with, but I'd like to use the existing connector if possible. Does anyone know a source for the male connector? It looks like Molex, but seems to be between their micro-fit and mini sizes. Dimension of the female connector below are 8.6 x 4.9mm. Pin diameter 1.5mm, pitch 4.8mm Any advice appreciated.

20191212_134312 by Derek Wardell, on Flickr

Last edited:
For the connection to the harness, I believe it is a Molex connector, 1625 series. The mate is apparently part number 03062023, old part number 1625-2P1.

I know this information is vague, it's what I collected when I was doing my heated grips. After twice ordering off the interweb, I still didn't have the correct mating connector. But I did find some 0.062” male crimp Molex pins, which I used as part of a short adapter cable to the Oxford connectors. This was covered with heat shrink as I never intend to undo it again.

The interface connectors for the Oxford connector is a mini-molex type. Jaycar Electronics (Australia & New Zealand) part number is PP2021 (for a mating pair -you only need one side). jaycar.co.nz/2-pin-miniature-nylon-molex-type-connector/p/PP2021.

My short adapter cable ran from the triangular cover described above to the cover immediately above where I ran the Oxford cables to. There has been no issues.

That's great information - many thanks Dave. Actually I also found that i have some suitable pins and my idea was to bury them in silicone and wrap with self amalgamating tape. I'll pursue the part numbers though, just in case they are available on this side of the world. I'm hoping that the Oxfords arrive tomorrow.

Back