• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7iii General Chat-Mods Thread

PepperoniBros.

Tuned and Synch'ed
Image Hi, like many of you folks here I am in the process of turning my new V7iii into the machine it was meant to be. One of the first things that I do when I get a new bike is adjust all the controls to fit, one of my surprises was that while you can adjust the position of the rear brake pedal, there is no provision to adjust the brake light switch. There is a non adjustable stop for the switch that limits you to the standard position, I got around this by installing a longer 5mm button head SS bolt that would just catch the tit of the brake light switch with the pedal in a lower position. Now that I can use the rear brake comfortably it doesn't seem to have much power, a true anti-lock brake for sure. Is this normal? Absolutely the weakest rear brake of any motorcycle that I have ever owned. Like everything else, that brake just needed some break-in miles, working much better now.

Last edited:
I pulled my tank so I could have some vinyl stripes applied and took advantage to swap out the fuel filter as well as install the SAS block off kit. Good call as the filter was getting ready to go, 2018 Milano with 720 miles, why isn't there a recall on these?

Looks a little better with some color on it, an emerald green windscreen is on the way. While the tank was off I replaced the fuel filter, blocked off the SAS, and installed a Bosch horn from a Crown Vic, here is a box of stuff that has fallen off the bike so far.

Image Image Image

Last edited:
I am a OEM stock kind of guy, but those mods look good.

Apropos the box contents, curious how you ended up with two fuel filters? ;)

Also wonder how/where you mounted the new horn. Don't see it in your pic.

Finally, I use my rear brake, but more for stabilizing, trail braking, emergency stops, and similar tasks more than for standard stopping. I have not found it particularly lame as you note.

Bill

I am a OEM stock kind of guy, but those mods look good.

Apropos the box contents, curious how you ended up with two fuel filters? ;)

Also wonder how/where you mounted the new horn. Don't see it in your pic.

Finally, I use my rear brake, but more for stabilizing, trail braking, emergency stops, and similar tasks more than for standard stopping. I have not found it particularly lame as you note.

Bill
The discarded mirrors in the box make it look like there is more than one filter in there, it's a trick. The horn is mounted in the stock position, I will post a better pic. My rear brake is starting to break in and is working better now.

Figured that re filter(s), but I am easily amused. :giggle:

I'd like to mount two horns as I did on my Stornello, but the crash bars on the III make that more problematic than I can resolve just now.

I can't keep up with Guzzi models WRT livery, etc., but yours has a tach that I thought only came with Specials, yet has cast wheels that I thought were on Stones, etc.

I like the "look" of the wire-spoked wheels on my III, but -- aside from the inconvenience of tubed tires -- mine have an annoying bobble at front end that I have pretty much narrowed down to the wheel being a bit out of round. Not ruling out other possibilities that even might implicate the rear wheel as the culprit, but my front wheel is at the shop getting inspected and, if out of whack, hopefully fixed.

Bill

Image Here is a better pic of the horn.
The good thing about spoke wheels is that they can usually be trued, I hope that your shop can get the bobble out.
My bike was a leftover, nobody wanted it, View attachment 18295 but to me it had all the right stuff, except for the gray paint.

Last edited:
Figured that re filter(s), but I am easily amused. :giggle:

I'd like to mount two horns as I did on my Stornello, but the crash bars on the III make that more problematic than I can resolve just now.

I can't keep up with Guzzi models WRT livery, etc., but yours has a tach that I thought only came with Specials, yet has cast wheels that I thought were on Stones, etc.

I like the "look" of the wire-spoked wheels on my III, but -- aside from the inconvenience of tubed tires -- mine have an annoying bobble at front end that I have pretty much narrowed down to the wheel being a bit out of round. Not ruling out other possibilities that even might implicate the rear wheel as the culprit, but my front wheel is at the shop getting inspected and, if out of whack, hopefully fixed.

Bill

so did putting the Stronello help?

so did putting the Stronello help?

Don't want to steal the OP's post, but yes.

[For the puzzled-by-vagrant's-question bunch, I swapped out my III's front wheel with the front from my Stornello to see if the bobble, mentioned above, was independent of the wheel.]

The answer is "I think so." :think:

Actually, I am pretty sure it did narrow the problem to the III's wheel. I am only a bit reserved as to finality of that because, while the roads I took it on day before yesterday are twisting delights, I got caught up in that joy rather than looking for silky smooth ones. AS a result, there was more wheel "noise" of all sorts such that I cannot say definitively. Still, it was enough for me to remount the Stornello's wheel on it -- so I can ride it today in this grand weather :clap: -- and take the III's wheel to Winchester Motorsports to have the tire removed and the wheel checked and (hopefully) fixed.

Bill

P.S. 1. Thanks, P'roni, for the horn pic, but my crash bars make that particular approach undoable. Will figure out something as the anemic OEM horn wouldn't run a stinkbug off an apple. :( 2. OK, I'll bite. 329?

Image Image
Don't want to steal the OP's post, but yes.

[For the puzzled-by-vagrant's-question bunch, I swapped out my III's front wheel with the front from my Stornello to see if the bobble, mentioned above, was independent of the wheel.]

The answer is "I think so." :think:

Actually, I am pretty sure it did narrow the problem to the III's wheel. I am only a bit reserved as to finality of that because, while the roads I took it on day before yesterday are twisting delights, I got caught up in that joy rather than looking for silky smooth ones. AS a result, there was more wheel "noise" of all sorts such that I cannot say definitively. Still, it was enough for me to remount the Stornello's wheel on it -- so I can ride it today in this grand weather :clap: -- and take the III's wheel to Winchester Motorsports to have the tire removed and the wheel checked and (hopefully) fixed.

Bill

P.S. 1. Thanks, P'roni, for the horn pic, but my crash bars make that particular approach undoable. Will figure out something as the anemic OEM horn wouldn't run a stinkbug off an apple. :( 2. OK, I'll bite. 329?
329 is my SCTA race number that I still hold for some lucky reason, we quit racing the Bonneville Bee in 2014 when my MS just made it too difficult. And feel free to hijack away, I started this thread because the others were dull and lifeless.

Last edited:
Image Here is a free mod that really tidies up the front end, removing the turn signal spacers. You have to lift the tank a little to get to the connections and find some shorter 6mm Allen bolts.

Just completed the ECU reflash which went smoothly and spent the last of my dough on a pair of aluminum injector covers to take some of the black away. My discard box is getting pretty full but I'm done for now, can't wait to take it for a spin tomorrow, motor seems pretty snappy. After a nice 50 degree 50 mile ride I am happy to say as so many others have, Wow, what a transformation! It feels like a finely tuned hot hod engine, which it is now, thanks to Guzzi Tech.

Image Image Image

Last edited:
View attachment 18242 Hi, like many of you folks here I am in the process of turning my new V7iii into the machine it was meant to be. One of the first things that I do when I get a new bike is adjust all the controls to fit, one of my surprises was that while you can adjust the position of the rear brake pedal, there is no provision to adjust the brake light switch. There is a non adjustable stop for the switch that limits you to the standard position, I got around this by installing a longer 5mm button head SS bolt that would just catch the tit of the brake light switch with the pedal in a lower position. Now that I can use the rear brake comfortably it doesn't seem to have much power, a true anti-lock brake for sure. Is this normal? Absolutely the weakest rear brake of any motorcycle that I have ever owned. Like everything else, that brake just needed some break-in miles, working much better now.
What type of crash bars do you have?

I love the green stripes on your Milano. Where'd you get your decals? Or did you draft them yourself?

Here are some of my mods:

• Dart Piranha Limited Edition Metallic Black Fly screen
  • Pathfinder Classic Style Black LED Headlights - Dropped position by 1.5 inches to be centered with the tank
  • CRG Lane Split Mirrors
  • V7 III Special Passenger Grab Rail
  • K-Town Fender Eliminator
  • Agostini Pipes
  • Agostini Engine Guard
  • Hepco Becker Centerstand
  • K&N High Flow Filter
  • GT Flash
  • Evap Can Delete
  • SAS Block
  • GT Dash centering bracket
I'm trying to find an aluminum replacement for the OEM plastic headlight bucket but can't find any.

Attachments

• 20200806_211204.jpg
    20200806_211204.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200806_211231.jpg
    20200806_211231.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
^^^^^^^^
Is the exhaust the same in both pictures.
The first looks stock, the second look reverse cone and maybe shorter ? The Agostini’s

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^
Is the exhaust the same in both pictures.
The first looks stock, the second look reverse cone and maybe shorter ? The Agostini’s
They are both the same. It's the angles. Part # is AMV7IIIVN by the way. The MK1 design had a stainless steel plate logo but I think they changed it to yellow laser etched within the past year and also made it shorter. It's shorter than the stock pipes but an inch longer than the Agostini Shorts.

Back