• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Having love hate relationship

Ian Toy

Tuned and Synch'ed
Breva 1100 took tank off today as I have a few jobs todo, replace quick release fitting on fuel pipe to tank,oil leak near alternator ,sump gaskets to replace. tappets to do.
while looking around noticed a crack in a wire so I could see the copper wire . This was close to a plug near the left hand coil. There are 5 or 6 plugs there after check all the wires and plugs, the pins in the plugs are green and all the wires are cracked about 20 plus wires ,both sides of all plugs.
I had decided to cut all the plugs out and cut the bad wiring out and solder all the wires together. Hopefully should prevent any problems in future.

Good luck with your project!

Надявам се, че имате добър, надежден, мотоциклет, когато приключите с вашите задачи.

I have cut all the plugs and bad/cracked wiring out and soldered the wire back to gether using heat shrink. Most of the wiring ether goes to the clocks , headlight ,handlebar switch gear ect which all have plugs on anyway. Have it back together and cleared the codes in the dash and it runs ok .
think Iam going to make a bit of a heat shield because I thing its the heat from the engine that has caused the wiring to crack in that spot as I have looked every where else and it is fine. The temperature here in summer is 35-40 C so the engine gets hot.

next job is the oil leak at top of engine,thought it might be the oil pressure switch (well that is what I assume it is) next to alternator but its not that its the sensor under neath the pressure switch.
it looks like I might have a bit more room if I remove the are box. Will the air box come out without removing the ABS pump as there is only about 10mm gap between the air box and the ABS pump ?

If it's like a Norge, which I think it is, it comes right out. As you pull it up, find the drain hose & tie it off. Otherwise you have to snake it back down by shock.
Finishing the story------ If you put a long tiewrap on it then it doesn't fall down. If you leave it on the end that plugs up to bottom of box it'll be better NEXT time, AND there will be a next time.

Last edited:
Back