• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso dashboard condensation issue

Matias

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello everyone,

The moisture condensation on Griso's dashboard seems to be an old discussion...
I went through this forum (and other's...) and I ahve seen all kinds of attempts to solve it: drilling vent holes, installing dissecant breathers, etc. - all seems to be complicated and risky to the electronics...
Does anyone, along these years, has found a practical solution for this problem?
My dash started to be just a little foggy in cold sunny, but is prgressively turning worse...

Thanks in advance guys.
Matias

Bout the best I can come up with is to ride towards the sun. When the sun is beaming straight at the gauges mine fogs up.
I've pulled the cover and sealed the shit out of it with clear silicone then put another coat all the way around covering the joint. Still fogs up. Cut the teensiest tiniest vent hole but it still fogs up.

I guess there needs to be some kind of vacuum to draw moist air out. Think I read where someone used the balance ports to draw a vacuum whenever the bike is running. Have no clue where I saw it though.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.
Kubbie, I think the moisture gets inside through the vents, not through the cover. I was hopping I could improve with some extra vent holes, but it seems it didn't work for you...Is it easy to disassemble the unit? I'm affraid all those plastic tabs start breaking during the process...
Brian, heating up the inside won't help. It evapotates the moisture inside, which will condensate on the dashboard glass and walls (due to the outside colder temperatures.
A question: once the moisture get's inside during humid weather(through the vents)will it be able to get out through the same vents with dry wetaher or will it remain there forever?

The vacuum systems mentioned on the forums could work, but it seems complicated to install...depending on the vaccum values they could also make the air pressure sensor inside the dash give false redings to the eingine.

BR,
Matias

Excuse me for insisting guys...
Do you think this moisture will get out if the the instrument with the hot weather?´
I have this bike for 9 years now. It allways had some condensation in sunny cold days, but I don't recall being so severe as it is now...
It's a fact that we had a very rainy and humid week followed by cold sunny days. I don't ride in the rain and the bike stays in a garage, but still the humidity in the air finds it's way through the vents.
I just wonder if it will go away as the weather gets warmer and drier...

BR,
Matias

If you can safely hang a trouble light with an incandescent bulb near the dash It may generate enough heat to help dry things out. Be sure not to place it near any plastic or painted surface.

Something like this

0aecde81-484e-42f6-9417-e353f7c1eec3_1.ccfdcbab7e9730267725d11d6b6898a1.jpeg

or this

9485ce2d-8109-4625-adf0-9c4bccf6150d_1.d7fe40aa0025e7a19d1fb16d841ac4d2.jpeg

Back