• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It Had Been Some Time ...

Godfrey

High Miler
GT Famiglia
I was riding so little last year that by the end of Summer I was done. I decided to sell Racer and posted an advertisement. But it was too late in the season, there were no real responses, to the advertisement, and I just signed it off as saying, "It'll sell in the Spring" and left Racer snug and tidy in the garage. By yesterday Racer had been under its cover, battery tender hooked up, with little other than a monthly tire pressure check, warm up to full hot, cool down, and put the cover back on for almost three quarters of a year.

But in the great round of "stuff to be done" yesterday, I found myself without a car for the day and too many things to do to fit within the time schedules of bicycle, bus, and walking. So I pulled off the cover, put away the Tender, pulled on my boots, jacket, helmet, and gloves, and fired Racer up.

Racer leapt to life with the solid vigor and consistent excellence that it always has. It warmed up swiftly. I was late, I twisted the throttle hard, and Racer responded with the usual exuberance. All the things I've done to it ... bar end mirrors, Matris suspension forks, Kinesis wheels and radial Conti RA3 tires, suitable springs and settings for the Öhlins shocks, Agostini mufflers, EVAP removal, SAS removal, and customized ECU map ... all sang together in just the way they should. As I slammed the engine into the rev-limit in first, second, third, fourth... That big big grin spread across my face, the wind caught on my open smile, and blew the top of my head off while I laughed and the exhaust sang.

Gods, this is a great bike. Perfect, really. I may not ride it very much, but I'm not selling it. Again. 035 racer kineo
:D

G

Onwards, always onwards...!

My biggest motorcycle regret was selling my Racer when my kid was born two years ago. Don't even know what I was thinking! Glad you didn't sell her

I nearly put mine up for sale, really going back and forth on that for the past 2 years. But I realized that I wish I still had every bike I've ever sold. So, that cemented my decision, I'm not selling it, period.

That’s great! It’s a wonderful bike and worth keeping - especially with all the work you’ve done to make it perfect for you.

:D

Thanks for the comments!
I rode to our local Tuesday Night Moto Dinner this past week as well. Racer always attracts attention: while we were eating, folks at the end of the table by the window spied a guy and his young son walking around and around it, snapping pictures with their smartphones... LOL!

Something about Lino Tonti's V7 Sport styling, which Racer is just about an exact derivative of, tickles the "Like" button in the back of most two-wheeled-people's heads, I guess. Sure does it with mine!

And dang! It runs so sweetly! :)

G

Back