• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Exhaust install question

RandomGRK

Tuned and Synch'ed
Evening,

just received my Agostinis for my V9 and I have a question for those that have experience here. As per the picture, there is a bracket that provides support for the pipes. The Agostinis have two bolts that need to align and go into the bracket but once I connect the pipe there isn’t enough give to lift the pipe and guide the bolts into the holes. The stock pipes bolts are removable so lining everything up and removing them is simple. I believe the Agostini bolts are not removable. I may be wrong so please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m trying to be super careful here.

Do I need to take the bracket off to do this or am I missing something very simple. My V7 was a simple fit and I believe this is simple too (my brain doesn’t understand manly mechanic things)

see video for better explanation

692C209F FF49 4239 BA10 E9AE38DB6B25 7AB33BA9 3D13 4BB1 8438 0018CA9AA503

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the V9 set-up but here is what I've always done when trying fit together exhaust systems. Loosen as many mounting points, connections and components as you can. Fit everything together and get the parts hung where they belong and then start tightening everything up.

I'm not familiar with the V9 set-up but here is what I've always done when trying fit together exhaust systems. Loosen as many mounting points, connections and components as you can. Fit everything together and get the parts hung where they belong and then start tightening everything up.

Thanks Raven. I’ll have to spend more time. Between getting home late from work and having a 2 year old I don’t have much tinkering time. In lieu of no other advice, I will just have to loosen everything, possibly even the header pipes. I could see if I can loosen the bracket but the bolts on it seemed strange with little sharp points coming out of them. Need to get under the bike and see what’s up.

Hopefully someone can come along and tell me I’m being dumb and it’s a simple process.

You're not dumb, just not experienced. Loosen the X-over center clamp and clamps for head pipes, not fully but enough to let them move. Loosen headpipe nuts on studs in heads, maybe 1 turn, enough to let the pipes spread wider but not be real loose. Now you should be able to spread the X-over a bit, giving it a bump w/rubber mallet. You only need a bit not much, don't get carried away. Head pipes will spread a bit at same time. Now you can try to flex the Ago's out & down onto the muffler studs and get the nuts tight.
Now you can tap on each part so not to have any stress on parts as you tighten all clamps and head stud nuts.
If you don't have a rubber mallet use hammer & block of wood as not to dent or damage.

Thanks Steve

So to be sure I got it since I'm not sure what an X-over clamp is. I assume its the clamp that tightens down the exhaust to the header pipe.

1 - Loosen the clamp and remove old pipe and heat shield (which is done)
2 - loosen two bolts to allow for some header pipe movement

From there, wrangle into place.

I assume blue loctite for the header bolts once done? My previous Guzzi, these would always loosen. Annotation 2020 03 12 123845

X-over is in between the 2 pipes UNDER the trans, has a clamp like your #1 in the middle pipe. It must be loosened to spread L & R pipes.
Your #2 is for head pipes to spread.
By loosing clamp under trans on cross pipe it allows the 2 pipes to widen.
That's what you need to get muffler studs in bracket holes or pipes need to get closer maybe. regardless, there's 1 more clamp.

Steve, thanks so much. I finally got it. Took me a couple of hours. It’s harder than it should be. If Agostini would have just made removable bolts instead of having to loosen everything to align it would have been so much easier.

But I’m all done and happy with the sound. So much better than stock. Final question, do you torque everything back to spec or just tighten up nice and snug?

Very timely post as I just ordered a set of Agos for my V9 Bobber. Looks like they are the same as yours. If you would please post how your bike runs after the install as opposed to with your stock mufflers. Wondering about a remap. I was advised that this is recommended but not completely necessary. It would be nice to hear from someone who has made the change.
Thanks

I'm going to close out the V9 mufflers I have built already since the V9 Bobber launched. Literally one set sold in 3+ years. Disappointing to say the least. To those buying the name brands, when they crack and fall apart, hopefully I'll still have a set for you. ;)
Agostini, which I sell, is made by Mistral. I tired of repairing and replacing Mistral exhausts decades ago. So I made my own to offer with a lifetime guarantee; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/exhaust/products/gtm-v9-gp-ss-megs

Wondering about a remap. I was advised that this is recommended but not completely necessary.
If you want science-driven information, I have plenty of it. Even a completely stock bike benefits from corrected mapping. Modified bikes more so. Many people stick their head in the sand and pretend it fuels correctly, or that the stock system "adapts." It does not; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-v9-gtm-ecu-flash-tool.15762/ - you can read the Reviews on the flash here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool

By Stu Ramsey:
Upgraded my 2017 V-9 Bobber a couple of weeks ago, and I echo most of the comments on here previously. I've done the Evap Can Delete, SAS block-off kit, upgraded K&N air filter, and added Agostini pipes, but it didn't really come alive until I reflashed the ECU. It really feels like a new bike. The low-speed jerkiness is gone. Before, the throttle seemed like an "on/off switch" at low speed. Much smoother and easier to control now. Throttle response all the way up is now much better. Really feels like I added significant horsepower/torque. Before it felt like work to get to red-line, but now, as someone said before, it slams right into the red-line and feels like it wants to go more. Highly recommend!

I'm going to close out the V9 mufflers I have built already since the V9 Bobber launched. Literally one set sold in 3+ years. Disappointing to say the least. To those buying the name brands, when they crack and fall apart, hopefully I'll still have a set for you. ;)
Agostini, which I sell, is made by Mistral. I tired of repairing and replacing Mistral exhausts decades ago. So I made my own to offer with a lifetime guarantee; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/exhaust/products/gtm-v9-gp-ss-megs

If you want science-driven information, I have plenty of it. Even a completely stock bike benefits from corrected mapping. Modified bikes more so. Many people stick their head in the sand and pretend it fuels correctly, or that the stock system "adapts." It does not; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-v9-gtm-ecu-flash-tool.15762/ - you can read the Reviews on the flash here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool

By Stu Ramsey:
Upgraded my 2017 V-9 Bobber a couple of weeks ago, and I echo most of the comments on here previously. I've done the Evap Can Delete, SAS block-off kit, upgraded K&N air filter, and added Agostini pipes, but it didn't really come alive until I reflashed the ECU. It really feels like a new bike. The low-speed jerkiness is gone. Before, the throttle seemed like an "on/off switch" at low speed. Much smoother and easier to control now. Throttle response all the way up is now much better. Really feels like I added significant horsepower/torque. Before it felt like work to get to red-line, but now, as someone said before, it slams right into the red-line and feels like it wants to go more. Highly recommend!

For the record I bought V-Performance mufflers for my California solely because at the time of purchase (now also Agostini) they were the only homologated units available.
I honestly can’t understand why people would choose, other than style, possibly price, Todd’s offering, a hand made product with a lifetime guarantee giving proven performance gains = no-brainer.
This is not a case of being sycophantic just my opinion as an engineer and motorcyclist with a few years under his belt.

Very timely post as I just ordered a set of Agos for my V9 Bobber. Looks like they are the same as yours. If you would please post how your bike runs after the install as opposed to with your stock mufflers. Wondering about a remap. I was advised that this is recommended but not completely necessary. It would be nice to hear from someone who has made the change.
Thanks

Hey, I have a video on youtube. I have the baffles in since I cant get them out. I've tried everything. WD40, a mallet and a small screw driver to loosen them up, needle nose pliers, snap ring pliers. I've even damaged the coating on the exhaust. They'll be stuck in there I guess until I got to my dealer. As for a remap, she sounds perfect but I have heard that if you remove the baffles, its well worth it to talk to Todd.

The video below doesnt really do it justice but it sounds great. Not too loud with the baffles in.

The only reason I didnt get a set of yours is because I have a SW-Motech bag on the right side. I've read that short pipes in general, including yours I guess which I initially looked at will damage the bags and you dont have a set of long black pipes.

I had your pipes when I had my V7 Racer with the mapping tool. Sounded fantastic and went very well.

Last edited:
I have the baffles in since I cant get them out.
Where did you buy them? They aren't responding on helping you with it? I suggest looking closely at the cir-clip. Ago has been welding in a small tab (piece of metal) that keeps most people from removing it for Euro X reasons. You have to pop that out (not easy), in order to remove the cir-clip. Thanks in advance for the flash tool purchase to help you get the fueling sorted.

Where did you buy them? They aren't responding on helping you with it? I suggest looking closely at the cir-clip. Ago has been welding in a small tab (piece of metal) that keeps most people from removing it for Euro X reasons. You have to pop that out (not easy), in order to remove the cir-clip. Thanks in advance for the flash tool purchase to help you get the fueling sorted.
I got them from Cadre Cycle. I havent asked them yet but I will reach out soon. I was able to move the cir-clip around a little but with a lot of effort and some damage. I'll just take it to The Spare Parts Co and ask Roland to help me out.

Hey, I have a video on youtube. I have the baffles in since I cant get them out. I've tried everything. WD40, a mallet and a small screw driver to loosen them up, needle nose pliers, snap ring pliers. I've even damaged the coating on the exhaust. They'll be stuck in there I guess until I got to my dealer. As for a remap, she sounds perfect but I have heard that if you remove the baffles, its well worth it to talk to Todd.

The video below doesnt really do it justice but it sounds great. Not too loud with the baffles in.

Thanks for getting back to me. Great video.

Back