• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Spain on Lockdown.

Robert Gibson

High Miler
GT Contributor
Took the ferry to Mallorca on Friday for a five night break as today was my wife’s birthday. Unfortunately we had to curtail our trip and return home today due to the Spanish government issuing restrictions on travel etc. and we did not wish to be stuck in Mallorca (though there are far worse places to be quarantined). Only to be expected regarding current world events.
Arriving back in Menorca we had a clear run back from the ferry port (about 50kms), but did notice that the local police and Civil Guard were out in force and some vehicles had been stopped. I have since been told by a friend who was out on his bike with his wife, and ordered to return home, he was informed that as of tomorrow only one person is allowed in a car and for each additional person in the car there would be a €600 fine.
Tomorrow I shall attempt a frontal assault on the local supermarket though I believe the shelves have been decimated, I think yesterday’s “be kind to each other” has become “every man for himself “. Very sad.
Look after yourselves guys.

France is the seventh country in the world for infected people, the government don't want lockdown "because it infringes on personal rights and damages commerce".
Political idiocy at its finest.

Thanks for the report - good to hear firsthand info of what's going on in other parts of the world.

Supermarkets here pretty well stocked, of course some items are in short supply, but certainly no evidence of the panic buying I have witnessed on the tv. Supermarkets are controlling the amount of people initially entering the store, (providing disposable gloves and sanitiser), then allowing people entry on a one out, one in basis. They are also limiting the purchase of certain items, but all in all pretty well civilised.
I must add however the stores here are nowhere near the size of those in the UK or US, but I’m sure the large stores could implement similar measures to avoid some of the scenes we have all witnessed.

Last edited:
Update on how it affects us here.

Clarifications about the state of alarm.

In Relation to RD 463/2020 State of Alarm
Date 16/3/2020 These criterias can vary as the situation evolves with the current situation of the State of Alarm, becoming more or less restrictive.

Art 7- Limitation of Freedom of People

All the permitted tasks must be done individually, unless accompanying an incapacitated person or for some other justifiable reason

In the specific case of going to a place of work to carry out work (laboral, professional or business): (The same point applies in a car)

Justifiable reasons :

- Not having a driving licence,

- Persons that live together and going to the same place of work or closeby

- Returning to your usual home in a family group

- Use of a taxi by a driver and one passenger (plus an incapacitated person or for some other justifiable reason)

It will be allowed for one person to walk a dog for the minimum essential time.

Art 10 - Measures in the area of Commercial activity, Cultural facilities, recreational establishments and activities, hostelry and restaurant activities

The opening of Business and retail establishments are suspended, they should have lowered blinds and closed doors. Except for those indicated in the rules.

In those that are permitted to open, product consumption is forbidden on their premises. This prevents groupe of people and that the consumers and the staff keep a security distance of at least a metre to avoid possible contagion.

Labour activity in all types of establishments is permitted. Only restrictions of the opening to the public of certain businesses and retail establishments. To avoid the unnecessary
crowding of people.The others can carry on working as long as health recommendations are adhered to.

Commercial stores (food made for take away) that products are not consumed on the premises. It is permitted to`open to the public with the previously expressed rules. To avoid crowds (the number of people
in the inside and the rest of the people in the queue, there has to be a metre between them).

Hostelry establishments (Bars, restaurants, pizzerias, hamburger places) only it is permitted to do home delivery, not to be collected at the establishment, even if you do not need to go into it.

Businesses that have a double function (cafe and bakery), they can carry on open to the public to provide bread, but they cannot offer a coffee to takeaway.

Retail establishments can sell by internet and to home.

Certain businesses such as health products and construction materials, the recommendation is that they deliver the materials where it is necessary
but it is allowed to collect products previously ordered to carry out labour activity (from a wholesaler) (guaranteeing that there will only be a single client).
It must be remembered that retail outlets must be closed to the public.

In an equal manner commercial activity is permitted for pool product businesses for their clients, with the due precautions
of avoiding people crowding, arranging a prior appointment system so that a person can be found in the place to collect any product and another is waiting.

Other activities not included in the rules

Transport of Goods. Only passenger transport will be regulated therefore there is no limitation on the transport of goods, or the type of goods, or the destination of the goods.
The normal rules are still valid for transport of goods. Especially when purchased online.

All laboral activity is allowed, including factories. They should follow the appropriate measures of the occupational Risk services, agricultural labour and
construction work, and have the corresponding works licence carried out by registered companies.

Vehicle Repair Workshops are not permitted to open to the public except for justifiable reasons.

Glad your doing ok Robert. We have been hearing that Spain has been hit very hard.

Most of the SF Bay Area is now operating on 'Shelter at Home' ordinances. Other than essential business and life support, travel to places is curtailed. Most places where you'd want to go and hang out (theaters, cafes, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc) are closed; restaurants are operating for take out only in most cases. Any public place is operating with Social Distancing rules. Businesses operating generally have signs out front that allow only limited walk-in access.

I went to the grocery store yesterday to pick up some vitamins and maybe bread, if there was any. I had no problem getting the vitamins I needed (although the stock was way down), but the bread section was completely bare. I suspect the panic buying will slow over the next week, and restock will allow more normal access to such supplies. I have enough to last for five to eight days, and have ingredients to bake bread that will extend our needs if required.

I've pretty much covered my Racer and fitted the battery tender for the duration. I'll use the car for any essential travel to grocery or medical needs. I can do the essentials of my physical training workouts, sans weight lifting, in the living room. Being retired, I have plenty of things to do around the house and won't be idle or bored: I have my photography, piano, books, writing, and movies to keep me busy and entertained.

The bright spot is that, according to the ordinance, outdoor activity for exercise is permissible as long as the requirements of social distancing (with other than family) are met ... "examples without limitation: walking, jogging, running" are listed ... Well, I use a bicycle for my outdoor exercise and that is indeed a solitary activity—I really don't want to be within six feet of pedestrians or other vehicles when I'm riding a bicycle! So I can continue my daily rides albeit without the pleasure of stopping at restaurants/cafes for a break and a chat with whomever else might be there. And it's safe, at least for the present.

I took a bicycle ride yesterday: A brief stop at the bicycle shop to pick up the goods I'd ordered that were waiting for me, and then a hour's 15 mile circuit around a loop that I've been riding for the past four years. Pedestrian traffic was very light, automotive traffic also, and some stretches were quite desolate. It is sad to see this desolation in our usually active and vibrant communities, but if it helps slow and reduce the spread of this plague—and ultimately defeat it—so be it.

We're all in this one together, world wide. Stay safe, stay healthy, do what you can in compliance with the ordinances, don't succumb to panic and fear, and endure. Working together, we will survive and prosper; at odds with each other, we'll die. It's that simple.

G

Keeping busy with some DIY, cleaning the Cali and making a ripper of a chilli.
CCE8272E DAAE 4A6D 9D23 B43F8ED95686 72EEB2A2 CBA1 4093 954F 0E67AB5B5CB6
Just found out however we have to use the closest supermarket (receipts will be checked) and when walking your dog, a maximum of 400metres from your house and you have to carry id and id for the dog.
Stay safe Mi amigos.

Just found out however we have to use the closest supermarket (receipts will be checked) and when walking your dog, a maximum of 400metres from your house and you have to carry id and id for the dog. Stay safe Mi amigos.
You as well! Wow, I had no idea Spain was as such.

Keeping busy with some DIY, cleaning the Cali and making a ripper of a chilli.
View attachment 19145 View attachment 19146
Just found out however we have to use the closest supermarket (receipts will be checked) and when walking your dog, a maximum of 400metres from your house and you have to carry id and id for the dog.
Stay safe Mi amigos.
Locked down in Edson, AB. My office has closed and all employees are to work from home. The town looks like a ghost town on the main street, but I am happy to report, as of today, we have zero cases. Crazy days we live in currently due to this terrible Virus. to keep it in positive light, tell me of your amazing looking Chili. What is your recipe?

Stay safe out there. It is up to us to help out those that are more vulnerable.

Locked down in Edson, AB. My office has closed and all employees are to work from home. The town looks like a ghost town on the main street, but I am happy to report, as of today, we have zero cases. Crazy days we live in currently due to this terrible Virus. to keep it in positive light, tell me of your amazing looking Chili. What is your recipe?

Stay safe out there. It is up to us to help out those that are more vulnerable.
A variation of the Bbq Pit Boys recipe. Enjoy.

At least here in Tuscany the weather is quite good, so going to work with my bike is no problem - better than trying to get on the Air Base bus when you must sit alternating empty places, and risk not to be allowed on board for too much people on it. And no, I don't have a car...

At least here in Tuscany the weather is quite good, so going to work with my bike is no problem - better than trying to get on the Air Base bus when you must sit alternating empty places, and risk not to be allowed on board for too much people on it. And no, I don't have a car...
Which Air Base are you at? I spent a fair bit of time at Aviano, although we were billeted in Pordenone, fantastic times.

4th Figther Wing, Grosseto (Tuscany). Better weather than Northern Italy!!! ;)
Certainly is, I did a tour of Tuscany a few years ago, Sienna, Florence, Pisa etc. Fantastic scenery, wonderful people.
I was with the AWACS at Aviano, if I recall there was a ski resort close by and I don’t do snow under any circumstances.

Certainly is, I did a tour of Tuscany a few years ago, Sienna, Florence, Pisa etc. Fantastic scenery, wonderful people.
I was with the AWACS at Aviano, if I recall there was a ski resort close by and I don’t do snow under any circumstances.

I worked 5 years in Novara and Treviso, there me too I used my Vespa 50cc scooter any day, except with snow or ice on the roads...

List of fines for not adhering to the lockdown.
9983E3ED BE30 45E4 A009 497CF3EFBC4D
Unauthorised displacement means being out of your house without good reason. That includes standing on your doorstep.
If you can afford the fine, do the crime.

Back