• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Eldorado rider backrest

Just a quick post further info and pictures to follow.
Arrived and fitted today, rider backrest. Haven't had a chance to try it on a ride out yet but quality and fit first class. View attachment 16207
Have you had a cruise on it as yet? What are your thoughts? How and what does it fix on to for stability and support? Where does one order it?
Cheers

Have you had a cruise on it as yet? What are your thoughts? How and what does it fix on to for stability and support? Where does one order it?
Cheers
I'm sure Meldrew will respond in due course, the back rest is manufactured and supplied by Utopia (utpr.com). I have the same item fitted to my Touring, no issues regarding stability and for me, a bonus for rider comfort.

In response to Uss, I had the backrest supplied and fitted by Utopia backrests. It's an easy enough do it yourself job, just remove the passenger seat cover then the foam. The bracket for the backrest is the bolted to the seat base and the foam and cover then refitted. Gives great support to the rider and is adjustable for height and angle. Comes supplied with a pouch for your manly essentials if you chose to use it.

Reactions: Uss
Cheers
Meldrew had some issues posting photos, so here they are.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 61
Thank you Meldrew and Robert.....much appreciated. Must give a whole new angle to a long ride...:)

Anything specific to mention while ordering?

Cheers....

Thank you Meldrew and Robert.....much appreciated. Must give a whole new angle to a long ride...:)

Anything specific to mention while ordering?

Cheers....
Nothing comes to mind, if you have any concerns email Bob direct. Excellent people to deal with.

Concur with the above, first class customer service. Eldorado version not on their website (yet) but if you contact bob I'm sure he will give you all the details. more than happy for you to mention my name (Ron Gibson).

Concur with the above, first class customer service. Eldorado version not on their website (yet) but if you contact bob I'm sure he will give you all the details. more than happy for you to mention my name (Ron Gibson).
Ron, who and where, do I need to contact/search to find this? Thanks
Don

And just so I am getting duck all in a row, before ordering, I noted the reference to C-Bow accommodations, being necessary, however I'm pretty sure that was in reference to the HB rack and not the Utopia. Correct? I am planning sending seat and backrest to KonTour, to have all done there.
Again, Thanks

Yup if I understand correctly. No problems fitting Utopia backrest to standard rider seat
If you get the Hepco becker rack you have to change the seat to the one piece California item.

Yup if I understand correctly. No problems fitting Utopia backrest to standard rider seat
If you get the Hepco becker rack you have to change the seat to the one piece California item.
I received my rebuilt seat along with the pillion with the attached backrest bracket installed. I have an issue where the bracket sticks out and stops the rider seat from locking. I am pretty sure that the seat guys just didn’t set the brace far enough aft on the pillion. Since you have one of the only other Eldo’s With this backrest, I was wondering if there was any way you had a picture of the brace on the pillion ie: how far it sticks out from the front of the pillion seat. I’m shipping it back to the seat guys for them to fix and they ‘think’ they installed it per Utopias instructions.

Hi Don, out and about at the moment but will certainly post up some close up pictures for you when I get back to the garage,
Cheers,
Ron

Hi Don, out and about at the moment but will certainly post up some close up pictures for you when I get back to the garage,
Cheers,
Ron
. AAB5D94E 8635 41D5 A009 8DDD70A24EC8
This is how far my bracket sticks out. Along with my note to the seat guys. I’m thinking it’s out too far. Thanks Ron
Don

Hi Don, here's some "side on" pics at the moment. I would say the bracket does need to go further back. I generally need to 'push back' on the backrest support so I can slot the rider seat in place then it just drops in and locks.
The last 3 pictures were sent to me by Bob at Utopia when he made the backrest. Hope this helps cheers, Ron

IMG 20200603 140823 IMG 20200603 140839 IMG 20200603 140944 Eldoradobar3 Eldoradopad2 Eldoradobarfoam

In response to Uss, I had the backrest supplied and fitted by Utopia backrests. It's an easy enough do it yourself job, just remove the passenger seat cover then the foam. The bracket for the backrest is the bolted to the seat base and the foam and cover then refitted. Gives great support to the rider and is adjustable for height and angle. Comes supplied with a pouch for your manly essentials if you chose to use it.
I totally agree with all who have posted about the Utopia backrest and its quality and functionality. I installed it myself and just got back from two 450 mile rides. What a difference in comfort! And, with Todd's fueling, airbox and exhaust modifications on my '14 Cal Tourer, it was reassuring to have the backrest in place when I gave the throttle a hard twist. No more hanging onto the handlebars for dear life. Only thing I regret is not sending the seat to Utopia to have them install the backrest. It was a little tricky and slightly nerve-wracking to make sure I got the installation correct the first time. And, contrary to their website suggesting that an automotive upholstery shop would charge a minimum fee, if any, to staple the cover back in place, my local shop charged me $100 US. If I had to do it over again, I would send the seat to Utopia.

Back